Availability thru Davids rental for Aulani??

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
We are looking at a trip to Oahu in early June ( 3-4 nights in wyndham timeshare and 3-4 nights at Aulani). We don't own DVC and after comparing prices for cash rooms and renting points thru Davids rental I think I'd like to rent points and stay in a 1 bedroom.

My question is..... I've been reading on this board how hard it is already to get reservations for owners for Aulani for next year. Will there even be any availability for us thru Davids or should I forget that and just make a regular reservation for a hotel room??

We can't make any reservation yet since we are waiting for airfare to hopefully come down and then we'll know our exact dates. I'm thinking by Feb. we should be able to find and purchase our airfare and then be able to make reservations at Aulani..... or maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.. Should I make Aulani reservations first and then book the airfare???

thanks!

Not sure when in June you're going but the 7 month window would have opened up within the last few weeks and its likely to be booked solid and/or have spotty availability. Two weeks ago you could have rented from an Aulani owner and stood a much better shot. Now, I hate to bethebearer of bad news but it doesn't look good. The longer you wait - the worse it will be.

There are certain times of the year when renting DVC points needs to be done before the 7 month window opens for DVC members with other home resorts.... early June is one of them. June is very popular, one of the reasons being that the points cost in the first few weeks of June is lower than the later part of June.

If you had rented from an owner that has Aulani as their Home Resort as the previous poster stated, they can book as far out as 11 months. Thus you would have had a better shot. Availability for early June is now spotty so a cash reservation direct from Disney may be your only option depending on how flexible you can be with dates.

I am a non-Aulani owner and got a week in Late May at 7 mos which I rented out. You just have to be ready to work with someone at the 7 mos point and be flexible in views

Thanks for the responses. That's kind of what I thought. Well, now I can turn my thinking to a regular room now. Good thing about that is that I can use my saved Disney reward dollars from the Visa to help pay for it and it will bring down that cost considerably (since I've saved up $600 already).

We rented through David's for a total of 10 days during the Christmas holiday, Dec 22-Dec 31st to be exact. I got a pool view studio for 7 days at 11 months out and an ocean view for 3 days at 7 months out. It doesn't hurt to put in a request, be flexible with room type/view and be ready to pay in full. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter