Aventura Opinions

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Curious what others think about the hotel. I haven't seen it in person yet, but did see a pretty detailed video. From what I saw, I really dislike it. It makes the Contemporary look like the themed hotel capital of the world. It looks exactly like a hospital, from the public areas to the cold, white, sterile rooms. No artwork, no color. Cool technology, I'll say that. Honestly, I've seen Fairfield Inns with more exciting room decor. I'm a huge fan of Hard Rock and Royal Pacific. Haven't stayed at Portofino, but it's beautiful. Same for Sapphire Falls. Cabana Bay isn't my cup of tea, but looks like fun at least. I'm lost on the appeal of Aventura.

Yes, I guess it won’t be for everyone........I wonder who it’s mainly marketed for. Probably some business folks too as it’s close to the Sapphire/RPR convention areas.

We’ll see it in a couple of weeks when we’re back at RP and Sapphire. Will absolutely have a wander around. It does have some purple accents in the rooms I believe.......

The appeal to us is the rooftop bar.......but reading a few reviews folks that have stayed there quite enjoyed it. Think we have a couple of folks on here going soon too.

I haven't seen it in person either, but would love to stay there if my DH didn't insist on staying at the hotels with the included express passes. I like the clean and modern look of it, but wouldn't be surprised if it gets more color added in 10+ years once the gray trend is over and some areas need refreshing. The lack of bright color and pattern is...visually relaxing to me, somehow? Plus, with no carpet, my allergies are less likely to flare up. I'm *really* excited about the rooftop bar and the great views from there, plus it's accessible to the boat/walking paths via Sapphire Falls.

I think if I wanted to stay at an upscale-feeling hotel onsite, but didn't want to pay actual upscale prices, I would choose Aventura, since my other option in that price range is Cabana Bay, which is quite kitschy (looks fun! But kitschy, and aimed towards families with kids with the bowling alley and lazy river. Aventura seems aimed more towards adult-only groups with the rooftop bar and focus on technology).

I am not a millennial or a hipster (although I will drink PBR on occasion - like when it is on special in a bar for a $1 or 2) - but I am looking forward to Aventura .
Price is right, I like the bar on the roof, showers instead of a tub, no pets (last year at SF I stepped in dog mess in the hall of the lobby - who does not clean up after their dog????) - I like the idea of planking instead of carpet - much cleaner

Theme is like a decent Marriott - I can live with that - I dont spend a ton of time in the hotel - and I can also walk to RPR and SF and enjoy those theams.

If the pictures turn you off you probably wont like Aventura. I just got home from a split Aventura/Portofino trip - and I much preferred Aventura. (I know most love Portofino but I didn't) It really depends on your taste. The decor is stark - but the view from the floor to ceiling windows "is" the decor to us. We usually stay Disney Polynesian or Contemporary then a few nights at Cabana Bay. I like Cabana Bay but I don't love the rooms. I am guessing that a lot of people won't like Aventura but it would be our first choice next trip. It's smaller and less busy -even at full occupancy. Everything is convenient.

I've been calling their target group the "techie millennial hipster" - i.e. my brother! :laughing:

I think this is probably a good summation.

Especially the roof top lounge/patio w/ DJ music in the evenings. With the "minimalist" decor and tech inspired amenities within the room, I think for sure their key target demo for this place is the 25-40 aged without kids demo.

I don't see anything here that appeals to families w/kids (whereas CB at the same price is much to the opposite).

Coming from a northern climate, the pool area of a hotel is a BIG deal to me - I like a lush, tropical feel on my vacations and Aventura just does not give this vibe off at all.

We're looking forward to our November stay. I picked Aventura for the kid suite at a price I liked. Our group is parents in their 40s with a 13 and a 10 year old. Theme and decor doesn't mean much to me except to say cabana bay didnt really appeal to me.

I agree with the intended target demographic but I'm over 40 with 3 kids and we loved it. The kids suite was fantastic. My youngest is 10 and a Cabana Bay fan and he says he would pick Aventura as first choice for next trip. Younger kids may feel differently - and if the hipsters invade *I* might feel differently - but this trip was good. Different Hotels for different tastes. I frequently stay in at the Polynesian and Contemporary - but Grand Floridian doesn't appeal to me at all. The room seems much cleaner without carpet - water pressure and temperature was better than Portofino. All staff friendly - lobby was relaxing. Great food. Did not feel like a "value" at all.

I don't think it looks like a Value in the typical Disney/Universal sense. I mean, it sure is nice and as I said, the technology in the rooms is awesome. And I LOVE the views from the room. The rooms remind me of a cross between cruise ship staterooms and hospital rooms.

We stayed here 2 nights 9/6-9/8. We ran into some weird issues that hopefully aren't common. Feel free to read about them in the trip report thread. Here are my pros and cons....
Pros
nice room layout (kids suite)
ipads for TV/lights were neat
covered parking garage
short walk to SF
rooftop bar has amazing views
lots of good quality food choices but can easily add up$$

Cons
uncomfortable bed with super scratchy sheets
Housekeeping (didn't service our room and put a sign up like we didn't want service)
Customer Service-ran into issues and management didn't seem concerned- made us feel like they didn't really care
elevators were extra slow (so many floors?)
pool was too cold to enjoy(that might improve?)
Kids suite that they gave us only had 1 sink and no walk-in shower (not like the layout picture on their site)
Everything felt cheap and sterile just not comfortable to us

I guess we have become spoiled by the 3 deluxe hotels/resorts.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a spillover hotel for Sapphire falls when they have a convention. Staying there next week so I hope they work on customer service. It's still a new hotel and will have to iron out the bumps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!