Avg. bus time from Copper Creek to HS for rope drop?

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
So I was debating if I should post this question on the transportation board but skimming thru over there it looked like most threads were about driving or flying to / from or transportation to / from the airport. So here goes. After canceling and postponing multiple trips this year I decided just last week to book a 2 night weekend for Nov 6th-8th to surprise DH for his birthday. He's been pouting about me canceling and I want him to stop blaming me and being so whiny. I was able to somehow snag a studio at Copper Creek and grab a park day at HS for that Saturday. This will be our only park visit in a year. Last year we missed the opening of Rise of the Resistance by like a month and of course now there's Mickey & Minnie's railway too so I am hoping desperately that we can get a boarding group or whatever for Rise. (I guess I'll research how to do that on the strategies board.) ANYWAY, we're staying at CC and I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to get to HS with the limited bus capacities. Would it be better to use Uber or is using that service more complicated now too? If the park opens at 10:00 what time is the first bus? Do we need to be out there waiting for the bus 90 min. before the first bus even arrives? Should we plan on being out there at like 7:00 to get in line if we don't Uber? We have 1 shot at this and I don't want to blow it. TIA. :goodvibes

Many are now taking Uber to the Hess near BW and walking over. That appears to be the first wave into park

not sure of first bus time for your dates but seem to recall they started 1-1/2 hours pre park opening

we drive, they permit u to get in line at gate 1 hour & 15 minutes prior. Any earlier & u will risk Orange County sheriffs turning you around out of park.

they don’t start letting vehicles thru until 1 hour prior to opening, sharp.

we’ve been successful several times in grabbing close parking spot & hustling over to security Now only ckg umbrellas standardly so it moves faster

have been able to jump in Minnie RR & be off to try for ROTR but it’s been a bit too close for comfort a few times for my liking

You will have 2 shots to get a ROTR slot, the 2nd at 2pm.

good luck!

Many are now taking Uber to the Hess near BW and walking over. That appears to be the first wave into park

not sure of first bus time for your dates but seem to recall they started 1-1/2 hours pre park opening

we drive, they permit u to get in line at gate 1 hour & 15 minutes prior. Any earlier & u will risk Orange County sheriffs turning you around out of park.

they don’t start letting vehicles thru until 1 hour prior to opening, sharp.

we’ve been successful several times in grabbing close parking spot & hustling over to security Now only ckg umbrellas standardly so it moves faster

have been able to jump in Minnie RR & be off to try for ROTR but it’s been a bit too close for comfort a few times for my liking

You will have 2 shots to get a ROTR slot, the 2nd at 2pm.

good luck!
Thanks. We won't have a car so that's out. Sooo if people are taking Uber to the Hess station does that mean Uber can't drop off AT the park? I'm so out of the loop. With no trips planned recently I've really not been keeping up with everything. Sigh.

So I'm just back. This is gonna be a long post to give you the most info I can from when I was there.

I was at DHS on Tuesday Oct. 20, 2020. They didn't start letting cars in until 9am. according to the person just in front us in line at MMRR. They had driven.

The first bus left our resort at 9:05am (I was at Coronado Springs). When we got to the park (we didn't make that bus but got on the next one which got us to the park just before 9:30am) it was already open and the line was at 75 minutes for MMRR. Turned out to be only one hour in line for us although it looked really long.

Although I tried - we did not get RoTR boarding passes - the 10am was gone by 10am and 8 seconds. The 2pm boarding group was filled in less than that. I've got a brand new phone with 5G and was on the phones network and not on Disney wifi. There are just so many people trying at once.

Plus if that park is only at 25% capacity, all of that 25% were there that day. I'd gone in September as well and it wasn't that crowded. Ride waits were long this trip.

I wanted to add that I loved using mobile order - that's pretty much the only way you can get quick service food. We did blue milk with rum twice and got a ronto wrap each in Batuu. And then got a burger at Rosie's All American that we split for a brief lunch.

So my suggestion is to go in and ride the rides with short waits first - when we arrived only Star Tours (10 minutes) and Smugglers Run (15 minutes) and Alien Saucers (10 minutes) had short waits - everything else was an hour or more. The only exception would have been if we'd be among the first in the park - then do MMRR first.

I sure wished we'd gone ahead and done those short line rides first because it would have helped save time.
We basically spent all day in lines - Smugglers Run just under 2 hours, ToT an hour, MMRR an hour, Star Tours 30 minutes. We decided to skip RnRc (I don't ride it but my husband does). Slinky Dog was another hour, TSMM was 45 minutes, Alien Saucers was only 20 minutes thankfully because I'd have skipped it if it was longer. We did really enjoy our time on Batuu and in Oga's Cantina.
Even getting into stores involved waiting in lines.

Just be prepared for it.
Just so you know, ride times were up and down all day. We got into the Smugglers Run line when it said only an hour but it jumped up to 2 hours just after we got in line and it really was 2 hours - a few hours later it was back down to an hour. We got to see some back stage areas in Batuu since the line snaked through them. So we had bad timing.

We drove home that night (8 hours) so we left at 6pm instead of jumping in MMRR line at the end of the park day which normally would have been what we did if we were not driving home that night.

2nd add on - Uber can drive into the park - the problem is first thing in the morning they are stuck in the same long line of cars trying to get in so I'm not sure if that is any better than taking the first bus from your resort. Maybe? I'm no help on this question.

Anyways - have fun and enjoy what you can do!

Last edited:

So I was debating if I should post this question on the transportation board but skimming thru over there it looked like most threads were about driving or flying to / from or transportation to / from the airport. So here goes. After canceling and postponing multiple trips this year I decided just last week to book a 2 night weekend for Nov 6th-8th to surprise DH for his birthday. He's been pouting about me canceling and I want him to stop blaming me and being so whiny. I was able to somehow snag a studio at Copper Creek and grab a park day at HS for that Saturday. This will be our only park visit in a year. Last year we missed the opening of Rise of the Resistance by like a month and of course now there's Mickey & Minnie's railway too so I am hoping desperately that we can get a boarding group or whatever for Rise. (I guess I'll research how to do that on the strategies board.) ANYWAY, we're staying at CC and I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to get to HS with the limited bus capacities. Would it be better to use Uber or is using that service more complicated now too? If the park opens at 10:00 what time is the first bus? Do we need to be out there waiting for the bus 90 min. before the first bus even arrives? Should we plan on being out there at like 7:00 to get in line if we don't Uber? We have 1 shot at this and I don't want to blow it. TIA. :goodvibes
As far as getting a BG for RotR, read the first two posts and the last few pages of this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/. It will tell you all you need to know!

So I'm just back. This is gonna be a long post to give you the most info I can from when I was there.

I was at DHS on Tuesday Oct. 20, 2020. They didn't start letting cars in until 9am. according to the person just in front us in line at MMRR. They had driven.

The first bus left our resort at 9:05am (I was at Coronado Springs). When we got to the park (we didn't make that bus but got on the next one which got us to the park just before 9:30am) it was already open and the line was at 75 minutes for MMRR. Turned out to be only one hour in line for us although it looked really long.

Although I tried - we did not get RoTR boarding passes - the 10am was gone by 10am and 8 seconds. The 2pm boarding group was filled in less than that. I've got a brand new phone with 5G and was on the phones network and not on Disney wifi. There are just so many people trying at once.

Plus if that park is only at 25% capacity, all of that 25% were there that day. I'd gone in September as well and it wasn't that crowded. Ride waits were long this trip.

I wanted to add that I loved using mobile order - that's pretty much the only way you can get quick service food. We did blue milk with rum twice and got a ronto wrap each in Batuu. And then got a burger at Rosie's All American that we split for a brief lunch.

So my suggestion is to go in and ride the rides with short waits first - when we arrived only Star Tours (10 minutes) and Smugglers Run (15 minutes) and Alien Saucers (10 minutes) had short waits - everything else was an hour or more. The only exception would have been if we'd be among the first in the park - then do MMRR first.

I sure wished we'd gone ahead and done those short line rides first because it would have helped save time.
We basically spent all day in lines - Smugglers Run just under 2 hours, ToT an hour, MMRR an hour, Star Tours 30 minutes. We decided to skip RnRc (I don't ride it but my husband does). Slinky Dog was another hour, TSMM was 45 minutes, Alien Saucers was only 20 minutes thankfully because I'd have skipped it if it was longer. We did really enjoy our time on Batuu and in Oga's Cantina.
Even getting into stores involved waiting in lines.

Just be prepared for it.
Just so you know, ride times were up and down all day. We got into the Smugglers Run line when it said only an hour but it jumped up to 2 hours just after we got in line and it really was 2 hours - a few hours later it was back down to an hour. We got to see some back stage areas in Batuu since the line snaked through them. So we had bad timing.

We drove home that night (8 hours) so we left at 6pm instead of jumping in MMRR line at the end of the park day which normally would have been what we did if we were not driving home that night.

2nd add on - Uber can drive into the park - the problem is first thing in the morning they are stuck in the same long line of cars trying to get in so I'm not sure if that is any better than taking the first bus from your resort. Maybe? I'm no help on this question.

Anyways - have fun and enjoy what you can do!

THANK YOU for so much info. I am going to be so bummed if neither of us can snag a time for RotR since we gambled on an opening date LAST year and missed it. I really have to go research how this boarding group stuff works. I gather from what you said that they release the boarding times 2 times a day and all 15,000 people in the park have 6 seconds to have the fastest phone?! And the 2nd time of the day is leftover slots?

I guess we'll plan to be at the bus stop by 7:30. Crazy to think that we'll have to do that when it doesn't open until 10:00.

Fingers crossed!! 2 weeks from tonight we'll be there!! Our magic bands came today - guess it's really happening!! Ready or not!!

THANK YOU for so much info. I am going to be so bummed if neither of us can snag a time for RotR since we gambled on an opening date LAST year and missed it. I really have to go research how this boarding group stuff works. I gather from what you said that they release the boarding times 2 times a day and all 15,000 people in the park have 6 seconds to have the fastest phone?! And the 2nd time of the day is leftover slots?

I guess we'll plan to be at the bus stop by 7:30. Crazy to think that we'll have to do that when it doesn't open until 10:00.

Fingers crossed!! 2 weeks from tonight we'll be there!! Our magic bands came today - guess it's really happening!! Ready or not!!
You can practice the boarding group joining at home at 10 and 2. (It will fail after you select people not in the park).
May the force be with you.

You can practice the boarding group joining at home at 10 and 2. (It will fail after you select people not in the park).
May the force be with you.

How do you practice? You actually open MDE and pretend you're in the park trying to get a BG? Hummm.

We tried for boarding passes in August. We had 3 phones on AT&T trying and none of us got a boarding pass. They were gone in under 10 seconds. Just be prepared for disappointment.

We were staying at poly that trip. We were out at the bus stop at 8:45. First people there for HS. Bus didn’t come until about 30 minutes later and boarding the bus was a free for all. The people who showed up last were first on the bus. And only 6 parties on each bus. What a mess.

We visited again in September and did not attempt HS.

We tried for boarding passes in August. We had 3 phones on AT&T trying and none of us got a boarding pass. They were gone in under 10 seconds. Just be prepared for disappointment.

We were staying at poly that trip. We were out at the bus stop at 8:45. First people there for HS. Bus didn’t come until about 30 minutes later and boarding the bus was a free for all. The people who showed up last were first on the bus. And only 6 parties on each bus. What a mess.

We visited again in September and did not attempt HS.

So for all of the posts I read where people were at the parks by like 8:30 and then in the park and in line for things like Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at 9:00 were they not using Disney Transportation? I'm confused because I read posts where they say if you're there toooo early there a cops turning people away yet then I'll read a post where people were on & off a ride by 9:30. How are they getting there so early? I know I've read posts on some of the FB groups where people were it sounded like the park opens at 10 but they let people in at 9:00 & the buses supposedly start running an hour before, right? So what time should we plan on getting to the bus stop in order to be on the first bus?

AT&T does not sound encouraging and I haven't had much luck with the few "practices" that I've tried. I have that but DH has Verizon so maybe he'll do better?

AT&T does not sound encouraging and I haven't had much luck with the few "practices" that I've tried. I have that but DH has Verizon so maybe he'll do better?

on iPhone 11s, using data, no overt problems for us. Usually land in the 40 to 60 range

out of 2days sept/oct trip: boarding group am attempt, pm the next visit

were shut out entirely only twice over approx 15 park day attempts

One early dec last year, did get recovery tix & FP for the next day. 2nd time when the park was busy over Presidents’ Day weekend

on iPhone 11s, using data, no overt problems for us. Usually land in the 40 to 60 range

out of 2days sept/oct trip: boarding group am attempt, pm the next visit

were shut out entirely only twice over approx 15 park day attempts

One early dec last year, did get recovery tix & FP for the next day. 2nd time when the park was busy over Presidents’ Day weekend

DH and I are both andoid peeps...don't know if that will make any diff or not? I tried again today for the 2:00 and bombed (I seem to miss the 10:00 one as I'm always busy or something, even tho I set an alarm I can't always drop what I'm doing to "Play".) I'm feeling discouraged already... I read where some people download some app that counts SECONDS. I'm wondering if that realllllly helps? Sound like a lot to watch....

read where some people download some app that counts SECONDS. I'm wondering if that realllllly helps? Sound like a lot to watch....
We did download atomic clock but found our iPhones did sync with the time.

Just to check, it’s only you & the mr on ‘my friends & family’. Unselecting others can easily toss u out of the running.

Keep plugging away practicing, you’ll get there.

We did download atomic clock but found our iPhones did sync with the time.

Just to check, it’s only you & the mr on ‘my friends & family’. Unselecting others can easily toss u out of the running.

Keep plugging away practicing, you’ll get there.

Trying to make sure I understand how this works. I have 2 other people in my Friends & Family that are not coming on the trip with us. Do I need to completely and permanently DELETE them (one is our DS who sometimes comes with us)? I had read somewhere that the app would just know who was with me and that I wouldn't have to do any selecting of party members. I tried to practice this morning and got the red warning that the queue was full and no more times were available. Then I just now did it for the 2:00 and I think it MAY have worked but I'm not sure how you know. I didn't select anyone out of the list I just did myself (because of what I had read about it knowing who was there). I got a message that said is everyone in my party in the park which was completely different for a change and not the red warning message. Does that mean it worked? This whole thing is making me feel VERY stupid and VERY stressed.

Do I need to completely and permanently DELETE them (one is our DS who sometimes comes with us)?
I couldn’t eliminate 2 of my adult children froM my MDE. Error message we have plans together?

when I talked to IT re APH refund Issue, inquired re this

was Told easier to just log into my DHs MDE as only the two of us linked to friends & family there. One DS has complimentary tix linked, had concerns they may go poof if I remove him

had read somewhere that the app would just know who was with me and that I wouldn't have to do any selecting of party members. I tried to practice this morning and got the red warning that the queue was full and no more times were available.
read the same before sept/oct trip but still got the is everybody In the park message using my MDE

got a message that said is everyone in my party in the park which was completely different for a change and not the red warning message. Does that mean it worked?
Believe so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter