Aw, my Frose went back to being Rose - 2019 Food and Wine Adventure! RL Update 4/22!

How awesome of that person to send you the magic band. :goodvibes Ugh on all the flight drama - hope it gets squared away. As for meals, heavy reliance on F&G booths is a good plan for EPCOT - there's so much good stuff this year. Pork shank with truffled mashed potatoes in Japan was my fave. Also loved the avocado toast (booth is over by Test Track) but I'm a sucker for anything with avocado. I'm a huge fan of Nomad Lounge but, for what it's worth, I thought Tiffins was one of the best indoor spots we dined at in terms of distancing. If you do try Nomad's, the last few times I've been in AK there's been a line for "rope drop" and thereafter they've used a virtual walk-up list (sign up in My Disney Experience app). Hope you have a great trip!!!

I'm back with yet another change of plans! ::yes::

So I decided that I do want to do a sit-down dinner during the trip. I was thinking about my evenings and with the worst case scenario with the park hours not being extended, I'd be looking for things to do around 8 most nights. I've come up with some things to do in the evenings, like some night swims, or heading over to Fantasia Gardens to play a round of mini-golf, and of course a trip to Disney Springs. Well, that of course got me looking at things to at Disney Springs, and I realized there is a restaurant there that I've heard such amazing things about I've wanted to try, so duh, I should book there!

New plans, I will be eating at Wine Bar George! I'm super excited to try, and I put a note on my reservation that I'd prefer and outdoor seat, so hopefully they can accommodate that.

BTW, is anyone else not getting alerts on certain threads? I haven't been getting them for this one and was surprised that people have responded! Technology fail I guess... :confused3

We only had 1 day at Epcot and 1 day at MK, so we knew we wouldn't get to do everything. We were okay with that because we are going back next January ;) We did have a few "must do's". We were able to do everything we wanted with short park hours. We even finished early at Epcot. Many of the waits were a bit shorter than the posted time. I made us a lunch ADR each day because I really wanted to try Via Napoli and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice for CS at MK right now. It was a nice break each midday.

That's good to know, and ohhh, I love Via Napoli! Hmmmm, now I'm thinking maybe I should book a meal there.... :rotfl:

Or 2...or 3...

Haha, yup! That was a fun afternoon. At least it all got worked out and everything is booked now!

OMG! I got teary eyed just reading that! I know it's silly but these days, I feel like any small thing is needed.

Me too! I'm still debating if I should send a little thank you gift.

Thanks for sharing

You're welcome!

How awesome of that person to send you the magic band. :goodvibes Ugh on all the flight drama - hope it gets squared away. As for meals, heavy reliance on F&G booths is a good plan for EPCOT - there's so much good stuff this year. Pork shank with truffled mashed potatoes in Japan was my fave. Also loved the avocado toast (booth is over by Test Track) but I'm a sucker for anything with avocado. I'm a huge fan of Nomad Lounge but, for what it's worth, I thought Tiffins was one of the best indoor spots we dined at in terms of distancing. If you do try Nomad's, the last few times I've been in AK there's been a line for "rope drop" and thereafter they've used a virtual walk-up list (sign up in My Disney Experience app). Hope you have a great trip!!!

I know, it makes me so happy to think about, I love that she was so thoughtful!

The flights did get worked out, but what a day though trying to figure it out.

And ohhhh, the pork shank sounds good, I somehow missed that one on my must try list! I cannot wait to try the food booth foods, I have 48 items on my must try list....I will be eating ALL day! :rotfl2:

So for Nomad, when you say there is a line for rope drop, do you mean actual park opening, or like 30min-1hr prior to the lounge opening? I was planning on getting there around 10:30 to get in line.

So for Nomad, when you say there is a line for rope drop, do you mean actual park opening, or like 30min-1hr prior to the lounge opening? I was planning on getting there around 10:30 to get in line.
Lounge opening. Hope you have fun!! And Wine Bar George is a spectacular choice. So, so good!!!

New plans, I will be eating at Wine Bar George! I'm super excited to try, and I put a note on my reservation that I'd prefer and outdoor seat, so hopefully they can accommodate that.
I really want to try Wine Bar George... I think that is a great place to eat outdoors.

Me too! I'm still debating if I should send a little thank you gift.
Maybe something small from your trip. I was going to say a rice krispee treat, but would that weird to send a stranger good? Maybe something prepackaged up?

I just realized, three weeks from now I'll be hanging out in MK for the first time in 18 months!!!!! I can't believe how fast this trip is coming up, and I can't wait. No new plans to report, just had to pop in with the excitement that I'll be in MK soon. :cool1:

I just realized, three weeks from now I'll be hanging out in MK for the first time in 18 months!!!!! I can't believe how fast this trip is coming up, and I can't wait. No new plans to report, just had to pop in with the excitement that I'll be in MK soon.
Very Exciting!!!

Annnnd now that park hours are changing for the week I'm there, I'm of course changing plans once again. :rotfl2:

Originally I was just going to hop to Epcot in the afternoons since it was open until 7, then I was going to either mini-golf, swim or head to DS. Now that MK is open to 9pm that week I will definitely need to hop over there one evening instead, can't miss the castle at night! Plus with Epcot closing at 10 now that week, I think my evening plans are totally changing. Now I can take time for a longer midday break, and enjoy more park time in the evening! I am so happy the hours were extended!

Only 2 weeks and 2 days til I'm home!! :banana:

Annnnd now that park hours are changing for the week I'm there, I'm of course changing plans once again. :rotfl2:

Originally I was just going to hop to Epcot in the afternoons since it was open until 7, then I was going to either mini-golf, swim or head to DS. Now that MK is open to 9pm that week I will definitely need to hop over there one evening instead, can't miss the castle at night! Plus with Epcot closing at 10 now that week, I think my evening plans are totally changing. Now I can take time for a longer midday break, and enjoy more park time in the evening! I am so happy the hours were extended!

Only 2 weeks and 2 days til I'm home!! :banana:
I was so happy to see the park hours increase. We will do the same, take some afternoon breaks and stay in the parks Later now, yay 😀

I was so happy to see the park hours increase. We will do the same, take some afternoon breaks and stay in the parks Later now, yay 😀

Me too! I was a bit worried about my schedule before and not taking mid day breaks. Not only am I used to having them, but with the lack of walking done in the last year I wasn't sure my legs could handle a full day without a break. So definitely glad now I have time to go swim or just lay down for a bit mid-day.

Happy Thursday everyone! So it is finally here, my travel weekend!
I cannot believe that I'm going to Disney World in two days! Also, I can't believe that I haven't even begun packing. :rotfl2:

As with most trips, I had some work issues this week. My boss seemed to have forgotten that I'll be out next week so reassigned a bunch of projects to me since I looked light. He didn't realize at the time that I had been working overtime the past few weeks to clear my projects for my trip, so obviously I would look light for next week, I'm not going to be here! Fortunately it all worked out when I reminded him that I would actually be out next week, so things were reassigned. Phew!

Ok, now off to start thinking about packing! So excited!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!