Aw, my Frose went back to being Rose - 2019 Food and Wine Adventure! RL Update 4/22!

Such cute character pics- and even better when there was no wait for them!!

Thanks! That was such an amazing experience, I still can't believe we were the only ones there!

Glad you enjoyed the final Illuminations, I'm sure it was very emotional!

Thank you! It was so emotional, I'm really glad it happened to fall during our trip, even though it did totally throw a wrench in our plans!

Thanks for sharing your trip details. My family and I are getting excited for our trip this year to F&W.

You're welcome! Love sharing all the fun (and occasionally not so fun) details of our trips!

I'm so excited for F&W this year! I've heard that this year is the 25th anniversary (should probably verify this at some point!), so I'm really hoping they bring back some of the events they haven't had in the past few years and add some new ones. We're cannot wait to see what will be offered! Hope your planning is going well!

I never had the emotional attachment to illuminations like some did but I totally get how upsetting that must of been! I still cry when I hear wishes. That was my show I was sad to see go! It's hard when the are so many memories tied to the music!

Yeah, I was actually surprised how emotional I got. I loved that show and it brought back such fantastic memories, but totally didn't expect to be practically ugly crying for it!

Wishes get's me too, although never as much as Illuminations. Ugh, great shows, now I feel the need to go listen to all the music!

So on my last update I was all excited that I would finish my TR in record time for once.....and then I took a month off from posting. :rotfl2:

Ok, I failed on that, but I'm back and ready to write some more finally!

Day 7, Part 1: Another Trip to SW:GE!

Our original plan this day was to get up around 5 to be at HS for the 6AM opening again. Well, that plan changed. We ended up sleeping until 6, which even though it was an hour later still seemed way too early after all the late nights during the trip!

We got ready quickly, and made our way down to the boat dock around 6:30. The boat came relatively quickly, and we were headed into HS around 7. Not the early arrival we had planned, oh well!

Our first stop once inside the park was Slinky! The posted wait was 30 minutes, and it took 25. Not horrible considering the park had been open for an hour already! Once we got off the wait time posted was up to 80 minutes, but the line looked the same as when we arrived so we figured they were inflating the time again! We debated getting back in line, but opted to head to MF:SR instead.

When we arrived the wait was posted at 45 minutes, but ended up being less than 20!

This time we weren’t quite as lucky as the first time through, and both ended up as engineers. We were with a family of 4, and the parents let their two young kids be the pilots. This was rather unfortunate.

Now, I’m sure it was a great experience for those kids, but for us it was night and day from the last time we rode, and frankly kind of sucked having pilots THAT bad. The youngest kid didn’t seem to have any idea what was going on and hardly did anything, and her brother seemed intent on crashing into everything he could during breaks from yelling at his sister. If our first ride was like that, it would have been a one and done for us.

Just gotta hope to be pilots from now on I guess!

After the ride we decided to get some PP pictures!

Our next stop was back to TSL where we hopped in line for AS2. The posted wait was 10 minutes, but the ride ended up going down for a bit so ended up taking about 20 minutes.

It was a fun ride, and seemed oddly more whippy this year than it did last year.

After a fun ride, we saw the line to meet Buzz was super short so of course hopped in line!

It was a fun interaction, and he totally had a thing for my mom!

Then we of course stopped at the entrance of TSL for the PP picture!

We still had almost an hour after that before our next plans, so decided to do a little shopping. I ended up picking up the Dug loungefly bag. I had seen people with it around the parks this trip and totally loved it, so I was thrilled when I found it! So stinking cute!

After shopping we made a quick stop for some PP pics!

Go home Tink, you're drunk...

Ah, much better without a fairy crashing into my head!

Next up: Drinks at Oga’s!

Last edited:

So on my last update I was all excited that I would finish my TR in record time for once.....and then I took a month off from posting. :rotfl2:

Ok, I failed on that, but I'm back and ready to write some more finally!

haha story of my disboards life!!

We got ready quickly, and made our way down to the boat dock around 6:30. The boat came relatively quickly, and we were headed into HS around 7. Not the early arrival we had planned, oh well!

still pretty good

This time we weren’t quite as lucky as the first time through, and both ended up as engineers. We were with a family of 4, and the parents let their two young kids be the pilots. This was rather unfortunate.
Omg so when we rode a few weeks back they gave my daughter 5 and my friends son 3 the pilot cards, I plucked them right our door their hands and passed them to my friend and her DH. Not sure why the CM gave them the pilot cards or if they just keep it moving and don’t think about it. But I wanted not to vomit.

My sister also rode at the same time on a different ride vehicle and said they had a kid and she got way motion sick.

Looks like a good rest of the morning in toy story land and always nice to get some shopping in!

Just out of curiosity, how much is the food at the food booths during the F&W festival. We have a Taste of Cincinnati over Memorial Day weekend here in Cincy and the food options range from $3-$5. I've been reading a few TR's that includes the F&W festival and it looks like a lot of fun to do and the food looks amazing.
Do you have any pictures of your new Dug bag?

haha story of my disboards life!!

Haha, seriously! Every time I get caught up on here I disappear for a month and get so far behind again!

still pretty good

Oh yeah, definitely way earlier than I'd like for vacation!

Omg so when we rode a few weeks back they gave my daughter 5 and my friends son 3 the pilot cards, I plucked them right our door their hands and passed them to my friend and her DH. Not sure why the CM gave them the pilot cards or if they just keep it moving and don’t think about it. But I wanted not to vomit.

My sister also rode at the same time on a different ride vehicle and said they had a kid and she got way motion sick.

HA! Seriously, I thought my mom and I were bad pilots....but then that happened! I would love to ride with pilots that are really really good, I feel like that would be an awesome experience. Sadly that will never be my mom and I :rotfl2:

Looks like a good rest of the morning in toy story land and always nice to get some shopping in!

It was such a great morning, I can't believe how much we got done!

Just out of curiosity, how much is the food at the food booths during the F&W festival. We have a Taste of Cincinnati over Memorial Day weekend here in Cincy and the food options range from $3-$5. I've been reading a few TR's that includes the F&W festival and it looks like a lot of fun to do and the food looks amazing.
Do you have any pictures of your new Dug bag?

So it looks like the food items were in the $4-$8ish range, with most between $4 and $6. Drinks tend to be more expensive, especially if you get the ones with liquor, although there are a handful of the beers and wines were around $5ish.

We absolutely love the fest, the food is really good, and we love how many options there are! Last year we had 89 items on our must try list, which was just a fraction of everything offered.

Let me go take a pic of the bag, I'll post that in a bit!

That's too bad the parents let the kids take over the ride. If all six came from the same family, I could understand it, but they ruined the ride for you and your mom. What is with people!?

I googled the Dug bag and it is adorable! I would have been tempted to buy it too!

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well and are finding ways to keep some sense of normalcy during this crazy time! I found myself in a bit of a down moment earlier today with everything going on, and after watching videos of cats being silly didn’t cheer me up, I figured it was time for a TR update….remembering past trips always makes things better!

Day 7, Part 2: Drinks at Oga’s!

We wrapped up the shopping at 10:08, and our reservations for Oga’s was at 10:15, so we booked it back to SW:GE.

When we arrived, the line was super long. I asked a few people in it if this was the line for those without reservations, and they told me no, this is the line for reservations. Yikes!

So we got in line, and shortly after a CM with a tablet came over and checked us in.

We assumed that they would bring people in based on when they arrived, but within a minute, I heard a CM calling my name! I popped out of line to find out what they wanted. HA!

Turns out they actually bring people in based on their reservation time, and since we arrived about 5 minutes late, we got to skip all the people who got there way ahead of us. Score! Also, yay for not having to arrive somewhere you have a reservation 45 minutes early! (seriously, the couple in front us had reservations for after 11, and they were in line at 10:15!).

As the CM lead us inside, she asked if we knew the rules. Because of these boards, I knew them and recited them off: 1. 45 minute time limit, 2. Only 2 drinks, 3. No switching seats/place.

The CM added one more – You will be standing, and you will be squished in like sardines.

Sounds lovely.

We were brought to a standing table with 8 others already there. They warmly greeted us and informed us about their experience so far. It was a fun table, but we learned that it takes FOREVER to get drinks. Knowing this, when our server arrived, we ordered drinks immediately.

Well, this didn’t help expedite the getting drinks. It took the server close to 30 minutes to bring out our order. Unless you order two drinks at once, I have no idea how anyone can get two drinks in the 45 minute time limit! Yikes!

Anyways, our drinks eventually came out. I got the beer with the lavender and plumb, which was amazing! I cannot remember what my mom got. I so wish I could get that beer outside of Oga’s, it was SO good!

After a bit, the couple to our right ended up leaving, and we joked with them that Disney would probably try to squish a group of 5 in their place. Well, the joke was on us. That is exactly what Disney did, only instead of 5, they tried to squish a group of 6 into a spot barely large enough for two people!

This was crazy, there were 14 of us at a table that was just big enough for 10 people. It didn’t help this group was also super rude. Not long after they arrived, the group next to them left, so they decided to spread out and take over the table, which became problematic when a group of three were brought in, and they refused to make room for them.

I ended up chatting with the mom in the group of three that arrived, and she asked if it was normal to not even have space at a table, so I told her, loudly enough for the rude group to hear, that it wasn’t normal but that group came in and acted like they owned the place and were just being jerks for not making room. Happy to say, they heard, and even though they were clearly pissed and kept glaring at me, they did shift down so the family of three could actually stand at the table. Really guys, do you need 2ft between each of you?!? Seriously though, some people are just awful.

Anyways. Oga’s was good but not great. I loved the beer I got, but it was so packed in there and with the slow service it wasn’t the most enjoyable experience. I am definitely willing to try it again though, that beer was more than enough to get me to come back!

Next up: The Skyliner!

Last edited:
That's too bad the parents let the kids take over the ride. If all six came from the same family, I could understand it, but they ruined the ride for you and your mom. What is with people!?

Haha, yeah, that was unfortunate! It is amazing how much of a difference it makes either being pilot or having good pilots though, that seems like something Disney could easily adjust!

I googled the Dug bag and it is adorable! I would have been tempted to buy it too!

I'm so obsessed with that bag! It is so cute! And bonus, it's stiff enough that I was able to pack a wine glass in it on the way home and it did really great job protecting it!

I'm sorry it wasn't the best experience at Oga's! I can imagine it gets super crowded in there!

Thanks! I wish they made it larger, it is such a cool place and the drinks are so good! Will try it again maybe next year, hopefully we'll get better service and be slightly less squished next time around!

Good morning everyone! Quick interruption to this TR for some pre-TR fun! Today was our day to book dining, and other fun events....such as the Cabana at Stormalong Bay! We loved it so much last year, we booked a full day for this trip...and got the one we wanted! Also, had a bit of an impulsive purchase and booked the fireworks cruise out of the Yacht Club too! :cool1: Of course afterwards I called my mom to let her know, and her first question was "is it a private cruise?"....and I have no idea. Oops! No matter, it'll be a fun experience, and we'll probably get some desserts and wine delivered to the boat to make it even more special.

Anyways, gotta get back to writing the rest of this TR....will be updating soon!

Hurrah to looking ahead and planning for a fall trip! It's definitely helpful to have something on the horizon to look forward to given the current state of the world. I also have a fall trip coming up and have been contemplating cabana rental. I know you talked about it in a prior entry and I can go back and look but what do you consider to be the "prime" cabana locations? No kids on this trip if that impacts recommendations.

Fireworks cruise sound fun too! I've never done one of those!

It's all pure speculation but I'm wondering if/how the F&W festival will be impacted by all of this. I hope not at all - especially since it's the 25th anniversary of the festival - but wonder if plans are still moving forward while parks are closed? Are chefs already booked? Will they still want to visit or will they need to be in their restaurants trying to rebuild? Will the parks be operating with limited capacity to allow for social distancing? I know all of this is impossible to know at this point -- just thoughts rolling around my head. Nevertheless, very much looking forward to my October trip and hope - for reasons well beyond a trip - that this crisis has passed or at least that we have a better handle on it than it appears we have now.

Hurrah to looking ahead and planning for a fall trip! It's definitely helpful to have something on the horizon to look forward to given the current state of the world. I also have a fall trip coming up and have been contemplating cabana rental. I know you talked about it in a prior entry and I can go back and look but what do you consider to be the "prime" cabana locations? No kids on this trip if that impacts recommendations.

Exactly! It's so nice to just get lost in the planning and forget about everything else for a while. So for the cabana, we prefer #4. It's the furthest back so the most private. It also gets morning shade which we really liked.

Fireworks cruise sound fun too! I've never done one of those!

I'm so excited about this! We did one at the MK way back in 2000, so it's been a little bit. We've never done the one at Epcot though, and I suspect based on the location of the boat basically in the park that it'll be amazing.

It's all pure speculation but I'm wondering if/how the F&W festival will be impacted by all of this. I hope not at all - especially since it's the 25th anniversary of the festival - but wonder if plans are still moving forward while parks are closed? Are chefs already booked? Will they still want to visit or will they need to be in their restaurants trying to rebuild? Will the parks be operating with limited capacity to allow for social distancing? I know all of this is impossible to know at this point -- just thoughts rolling around my head. Nevertheless, very much looking forward to my October trip and hope - for reasons well beyond a trip - that this crisis has passed or at least that we have a better handle on it than it appears we have now.

We've been discussing this a lot lately as well. We were so excited for the 25th and had hopes that there would be some special new things offered for it, but now we're not sure what's going to happen. Also wondering now when they'll release information, I think it was released in April last year, but I can't imagine they'll release it in April this year. I feel like there is just too much unknown at this point. Hoping there isn't a big impact on the event, but if there is we'll just have to come back for a longer trip in 2021 to make up for it I guess!

In other news, during isolation boredom the other day I decided to make the cheddar cheese and bacon soup from the Canadian F&W food booth, and wow, what a great decision! I will likely come out of this 20lbs heavier, but at least I'm enjoying some good food! :rotfl2:

I just read through your TR and I have loved every bit of it. Thank you for sharing! Stay safe and healthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!