Awesome Malls in SoCal

Personally (because I grew up in the area), it would be the Glendale Galleria/Americana. The Glendale Galleria is a very big indoor shopping center, that includes the very first Disney Store built (the Galleria is known as a test-market for companies coming up with stores (Sesame Street had a store there)). Now, the developer of The Grove built the Americana right next door to the Galleria. You literally walk out of Mervyns and you walk right into the Americana.

From Anaheim, how do you get to Glendale? How long is the drive?

Thanks!

From Anaheim, how do you get to Glendale? How long is the drive?

Thanks!

In terms of time, it would probably take you about 30 to 40 minutes to get there... possibly quicker on the weekend.

How to get there.... I am going to give you the easiest way that involves one freeway. Just take the 5 north. Make sure you stay on the 5 north as you approach Downtown Los Angeles (there will be signs saying 5 North Sacramento... that is the way you want to go). Stay on the 5 north. You'll pass the 2 Freeway (Glendale Freeway). Right after the 2 Freeway, keep an eye out for the Colorado Boulevard exit (I think it is the 4th exit passed the 2 Freeway (BTW, Griffith Park will be on your left)). Take the Colorado Exit (there is only one direction for that exit). Just make sure to stay on the right... the exit will lead you on to Colorado Blvd. Once on Colorado, and about one mile down, you will see the large parking lot for the Glendale Galleria on your left. You can either park there, or if you make a left on to Central, you can park at the Americana which is on your right. Hope the directions help you out.

Thanks Valencia Joe! Those instructions are easy to follow. I think we'll be going there on the Sunday after we get to Anaheim. It'll be a busy day at the parks so I think shopping will be a great alternative for my preteen girls.

BTW, I gather you're from Valencia?? We visited Valencia last summer and stayed at the Hyatt Valencia. It was a really nice place. You live in a real cool place, Valencia Joe!

Thanks Valencia Joe! Those instructions are easy to follow. I think we'll be going there on the Sunday after we get to Anaheim. It'll be a busy day at the parks so I think shopping will be a great alternative for my preteen girls.

BTW, I gather you're from Valencia?? We visited Valencia last summer and stayed at the Hyatt Valencia. It was a really nice place. You live in a real cool place, Valencia Joe!

Yes, you guessed right. I live in Valencia and we can see Magic Mountain from our front yard (we miss the fireworks this year (they're not doing it because of fire concerns)). However, I grew up within walking distance from the Glendale Galleria (was at the grand opening in the mid-70's) and lived in the area until we moved to Valencia.

BTW, I would park in the Glendale Galleria, because parking is FREE! They charge for parking at the Americana. If you want to park close to the Americana, and be in the newer section of the Galleria that has the Disney Store, Build-a-Bear and Nordstrom, make a left on Central, drive right past the Americana, and you will see an entrance to the right for the Galleria parking lot. Remember, the first parking lot on the right will be for the Americana (which you'll have to pay for, and will be a ramp down), and that the next entrance for parking on the right will be for the Galleria (which will be a ramp up and FREE).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter