Awkward solo rides for a "grown" man.

We have never, never, paid attention to who was with who, while at Disney. While standing in lines, we have never made it a "thing" to check and see if the guy or girl in front of us was "alone". I think you are worried unnecessarily about it. It sounds like the CM's always put a lone male rider alone in a row, from what you say. That is probably a universal safe guard that all parks do.
Most people in line have their noses in their phones anyway, and an earthquake probably wouldn't shake em, so don't worry, just have fun:)

It sounds like the CM's always put a lone male rider alone in a row, from what you say.

This is not always true. It's really that they tend to put whole parties in a row together, and a party of one is still treated as one party and will get the whole row, like in Pirates or Small World. On other rides though they will fill every seat and any single passenger will be grouped with others. Anything with a "single rider" line does this of course, but also 7DMT and some others are likely to mix you with other parties. Many rides, like Soarin' and jungle Cruise don't really even have a way to separate parties, so you could ride next to anybody. This is all regardless of whether the solo rider is male or female.

This is not always true. It's really that they tend to put whole parties in a row together, and a party of one is still treated as one party and will get the whole row, like in Pirates or Small World. On other rides though they will fill every seat and any single passenger will be grouped with others. Anything with a "single rider" line does this of course, but also 7DMT and some others are likely to mix you with other parties. Many rides, like Soarin' and jungle Cruise don't really even have a way to separate parties, so you could ride next to anybody. This is all regardless of whether the solo rider is male or female.

Thanks for the clairification, Brian:) I never could figure out why they did that! That makes complete sense, and is not singling out one person, which is not right!

Thanks for the clairification, Brian:) I never could figure out why they did that! That makes complete sense, and is not singling out one person, which is not right!

Yep, not singling out at all. I will go to DL by myself while my husband is at work. I am a petite woman in her mid 30s that can easily pass for 10+ years younger, and they sit me by myself 99% of the time.

I say go for it an have a blast! Just enjoy yourself! You're not hurting anyone, and I think a lot people just won't care. But I can see where you are coming from, I kind of want to do a character breakfast, but I will be on my own hahaha, I am a 25 year old lady.

I say go for it an have a blast! Just enjoy yourself! You're not hurting anyone, and I think a lot people just won't care. But I can see where you are coming from, I kind of want to do a character breakfast, but I will be on my own hahaha, I am a 25 year old lady.

You can do one. They won't mind at all. I will say some people report that the characters tend to spend a little less time at a table with all adults, but it depends. If you interact with them well, they will reciprocate. I tend to not take up too much of their time, but it's really my preference. I say go for it!

I have gone solo a few times during the slower times of the year. I used to be more self conscious when riding rides like Dumbo or meeting characters as a solo adult. Now I don't care what others think ! I do me and have a great time showing my love for Disney.

The only time I have had to share seating was on 7DMT, and TSM. All other times on Pirates, Small World, Splash, Living with the Land, I have always had my own bench seat. On Pooh, I always have had my own Honey Pot. BTTMR, Everest RNRC, always have my own row. I have never requested it, it just how it has worked out.

I definitely think somebody inappropriately dressed gets a lot of stares, thoughts, judgements - but I really don't believe anybody cares who is travelling solo or not. Just my 2 cents - I am a huge people watcher. I was 20 when I did the College Program and spent so much time visiting the parks solo that it doesn't even bother me in the least to either travel solo - or just spend an afternoon solo if the family is napping or doesn't care to do the park I'm going to.

As a 50+ man the only attraction I felt a little self-conscious at was Enchanted Tales with Belle. I had heard that the effects were pretty cool and I wanted to see it once, so I decided to do it on a solo trip. Since this seems to be an attraction mainly for little girls I wondered if people would think a middle-aged man going by himself was creepy, but I don't think anyone gave me a second glance.

As a 50+ man the only attraction I felt a little self-conscious at was Enchanted Tales with Belle. I had heard that the effects were pretty cool and I wanted to see it once, so I decided to do it on a solo trip. Since this seems to be an attraction mainly for little girls I wondered if people would think a middle-aged man going by himself was creepy, but I don't think anyone gave me a second glance.
Eh............
I'm going solo on Peter Pans Flight, Small World, and Winnie The Pooh and I doubt if anyone will care one bit.

I entered this thread, because I am planning my first solo trip. I had the same concerns the OP had, although I am a woman. All the encouraging replies in here have made me smile and reassured me!

Never had a negative experience being solo. Usually have my own row unless I ride single rider lines and then everyone is in the same boat. The comment I get most is how brave! People are scared of being alone and mostly I hear the envy. I also have no issues talking to strangers soooo there is that. My first trip eating was hard as I limited my choices by thinking people would look at me weird. The cast members have made Dining and being solo in the parks so fun - engaging and spending that little bit of extra time. Start with the park you think you’ll be most comfortable in and you’ll find your courage increase as you encounter no resistance or strangeness.

I did a solo trip in 2014. I did most attractions without worrying about being solo. I did have a couple of CM's ask me and have me reiterate that I was alone, but I didn't care and smiled yes and went on with my day.
If you feel self-conscious, then you will be self conscious.
But if you shake it off, be open and friendly to everyone, then you'll have no troubles and lots of fun.

Last time I went solo was at Disneyland Anaheim and there's a mix up at the loading bay of Space Mountain (their space mountain is 2 people in 1 row with 4 rows in one car). I was alone at row 1, then there's a party of 3 guys who were put at row 1 with me and row 2. One of the guys at row 2 said to his friend at row one "Is he alone? Don't get in this one. Let's get in the next one". So that resulted in my car having an empty row 2 and me by myself at row 1. I didn't know if the CM meant for them to ride with me or not.

I'm not gonna lie, for some reason some of the rides I'm most excited about for my upcoming solo are Dumbo and the carousel :flower:. No idea why!

I'm female, so I know it's different, but I'm 36, so not a young kid :), but I'm going to giggle like a child.

I've done MK, EPCOT, DL and DCA by myself. Rode everything, did all the shows and parades...if anyone looked at me oddly, I didn't notice. Frankly, I think they were looking at me recording every thing I saw with a Go Pro more than being a single man in the park ny himself.

I've also done characters meets by myself. I have the pics to prove it and all the performers were more than nice to me.

I think that threads like this have only served to prove that solo visitors have become the norm for Disney (and other destinations as well). The management and CM's recognize it, as do many visitors. Unless there is some kind of disruption or odd behavior, no one cares about a person being alone. Just thinking again about the dozens of conversations I have had in line with people, as well as on the rides. No one has ever asked me why I was alone. Not once. People don't care, and I just think most people expect to see lone visitors enjoying the Disney experience alone. They don't see it as an oddity, no matter what the attraction or ride is. Thank goodness for this.

Last time I went solo was at Disneyland Anaheim and there's a mix up at the loading bay of Space Mountain (their space mountain is 2 people in 1 row with 4 rows in one car). I was alone at row 1, then there's a party of 3 guys who were put at row 1 with me and row 2. One of the guys at row 2 said to his friend at row one "Is he alone? Don't get in this one. Let's get in the next one". So that resulted in my car having an empty row 2 and me by myself at row 1. I didn't know if the CM meant for them to ride with me or not.

I do Character meals all the time. No problemo! I'm a 58 year old lady. (*_*) When you come in and you're smiling at people and engaging people... people don't care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter