Ba fly drive

pickers1982

DIS Veteran
booked ba flights and they sold me some car hire (which I can cancel). It’s all a little vague though as I can’t work out if I have full insurance. Anyone any experience of ba fly drive car hire?

We have done a BA fly drive and the car was fully insured in the price - at the time it was very good deal

great cant seem to get a straight answer out of ba and its been added to my avis account but cant see much info there either

We couldn't work out what was covered either. So we've ended up with BA flights (more convenient times for our trip to Boston) and VH car hire which stated clearly what was covered. We might have spent a little more that way but I'd rather be sure of what I am buying.

Our BA flydrive included extended protection, damage waivers etc and was with Avis. Despite this, when we got to the rental counter they still tried to upsell us to the “full” insurance. When we said we were with BA and didn’t we already have the full insurance they looked a bit annoyed but reluctantly agreed that that was the case.

The only things not included were the tank of fuel and the local airport taxes. Also the childseat was charged locally.

Oh and if you are only driving to wdw and from mco and back, politely decline the toll pass. It cost us less than $5 dollars in tolls each way and the toll pass would have been $25 or more. Obviously if you are doing more driving it might work out to be quite a good deal.

This will be our 3rd Flydrive with BA (need a hire car when landing in Miami), great value as all inc

If you look on your car hire voucher within BA booking:

Inclusions
Customer Facility Fee
State Surcharge
Tire & Battery Fee
Veh. License Fee
Additional Liability Insurance (ALI)
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Unlimited Mileage

If you join Avis Preferred, you also get a free driver and ability to go straight to garage and select and go (swap your given car for others in bay)

This will be our 3rd Flydrive with BA (need a hire car when landing in Miami), great value as all inc

If you look on your car hire voucher within BA booking:

Inclusions
Customer Facility Fee
State Surcharge
Tire & Battery Fee
Veh. License Fee
Additional Liability Insurance (ALI)
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Unlimited Mileage

If you join Avis Preferred, you also get a free driver and ability to go straight to garage and select and go (swap your given car for others in bay)

thanks for all the info thats good news. im avis preferred so hopefully if it works like the uk i wont even see the desk to get upsold attempts

with ba flying club also get an afditional driver too.

with avis preferred how do you add the next driver?

with avis preferred how do you add the next driver?

Make sure you sigh up to BA executive club:

British Airways Executive Club and Iberia Plus members receive 1 free additional driver per rental. Executive Club/Iberia Plus card number must be added at time of booking and card shown at the depot. Additional driver details do not need to be entered as part of your booking. Additional driver does not have to be an Executive Club or Iberia Plus member and the driver details are advised directly to Avis at the depot where they must present a full driving licence and credit card in their name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter