BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

I still can’t believe how beautiful the suite was you all had at Sapphire love it!

Mount Dora looks like a perfect seaside town in Florida, what I am looking for. I love how the shops are in walkway and the tree is gorgeous.

I’m with you, no snakes, no alligators Thank you very much!!

Lunch looks really nice, I love fresh fish!

I still can’t believe how beautiful the suite was you all had at Sapphire love it!

Mount Dora looks like a perfect seaside town in Florida, what I am looking for. I love how the shops are in walkway and the tree is gorgeous.

I’m with you, no snakes, no alligators Thank you very much!!

Lunch looks really nice, I love fresh fish!

We did love that suite!!! It was a real treat...….

Mount Dora is one of those little places you really could retire too and feel at home completely...….lots of beautiful restaurants and gorgeous scenery.....yes, if they just got rid of the gators it would be perfect...….:D

Fresh fish is hard to beat...….:thumbsup2

Nice pictures of Mt Dora!! Love the purple house!! We went to Mt Dora two years ago and walked by the water- on the long boardwalk. It was a little creepy! There weren't many people there and as we walked we were a little nervous we would see snakes or an alligator. But thankfully nothing!! It is very beautiful there!

FRIDAY CONT...……….

Not too many pictures for this post and a fairly short one.

We had a quiet journey back home and the sun was still shining, which was lovely. We find driving in America so ridiculously easy and so much fun. We all drive automatics at home and have done for years so that's not a novelty, but the wider open roads are definitely better than some of the smaller roads we have here...…..and we don't miss the roundabouts.

We again couldn't get in to the car park with our room key, but there was still a person on assist......she sorted the gate and we got in and parked, again close to the exit. We thought with it being Friday it would be busier, but we seemed to have been lucky.

We did admire the outside area as we drove in and I had wanted to get some pictures of the water features...….I have an acquaintance who has a 7 year old with a sight autism and he loves seeing pictures of any kind of water features...…..especially if there are rocks or stones along side it...….and of course Loews have done a good job with everything about this hotel and landscaping was no different.

i-6FmhpDq-XL.jpg

i-WfCTn4v-XL.jpg

i-xQ3tVrS-XL.jpg

This of course was Aventura in May, and it`s come along some since then. We are looking forward to the rooftop bar with this hotel though, should be a busy place!!

i-mkCvjGv-XL.jpg

I love how they have designed Sapphire Falls and the look is perfect.

i-XXwwHgQ-XL.jpg

We walked through the beautiful lobby and headed up to our room. It`s so homely walking in and it makes us feel like we never want to go to our real home.....well, apart from Kyle of course, we could never leave our area while he`s still there. But, aside from that we were incredibly comfortable here.

We dropped our purchases in their respective new homes, either in the fridge or waiting to be bubble wrapped and placed in suitcases...….but that was still a few days away yet...…….I noticed our phone flash so checked and we had a few messages. One was from a man called Taylor. He used to work at RP and we had known him a few years over there...…..he had reached out to us and said to drop by front desk and ask for him, he had been off a few days now so left the message he was back in work next few days and wanted to say hi to us. We would definitely do that. He was Housekeeping Manager over here and a really nice guy all around.

We also had tentative plans to meet another Dis poster Jocelyn6 who was arriving today...….it hadn`t been a definite arrangement and would sort it when they arrived, but we had hoped to catch up in SW bar later......but I got a message form her saying they had just arrived a little later and could we do it another time......of course we could. It`s always a bit of trial after a journey to get yourself together so I understood...…..

We take our time and have a Snapple and put the tv on while I go shower and get changed...…..Housekeeper has left us a little set of wash cloths made into a fancy design and was sporting a few of our items that had just been sat......it was cute and I never took a picture!!! But, as always time passes quickly and we were ready to go down to front desk.

We went to one of the front desk staff and asked for Taylor and this guy was new and didn't know him...…..I told him who he was and he called someone to get him...….he spoke to Taylor after a few seconds and he said he`d be right up.

And he was!! He waked towards us with a massive smile on his face, and this was our outstanding memory of Taylor when he was at RP, he was always smiling...….like so many here customer service is so important to them. And it shows...…...we both had a great big hug from him and although we hadn't seen him since last year, it was like old friend time again...…..and we love we can say that about so many members of the team, we have known them for so long it really does feel like being welcomed back like family......and so many places aren't as personal any more with the amount of staff changes. But here, many had stayed or changed to Sapphire and it was lovely.

We were very aware of the time and he was nearly finished his shift, but of course he was happy to chat...….they had just had a new baby and he showed us pictures...….you know how some babies are pretty..........this baby was the cutest baby I have seen in years!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Made me almost broody...….:rotfl:almost!!!! And you could see how proud he was of this little bundle of joy...…..we chatted some more and then he saw Fernando who is the manager of SW...….although we had met him briefly two years ago, Taylor took us over to introduce us properly. We did blush when he described us a two very special and long term guests indeed...….awww...….he did remember meeting us and of course had seen us in recently......a lot...…..lol...….but it was nice to chat to him again.

We left SW and spoke some more, he reminded me so much of one of my nephews......same look and style and even a few of the same mannerisms...…..then we said we should let him go and get on......always feel bad as we have all day to stand and chat...…...but we had another hug, he told us to say hello again when we`re back in July...…...of course we absolutely would.

We went out to our car and only then did we decide to go to Longhorn on Vineland Ave in LBV. Most folks who read my reports know we never ever plan much...…..if anything. We have a few core places we like to visit and alternate on visits...….but we never say we`ll go to a specific place on a certain night......that's far too much planning for us. But, we thought it would be nice as we missed it last time.

Doesn't take long to get to LBV although it is incredibly busy around Universal as there is another Grad bash on...….glad we`re going the other way...….but 15 minutes and we`re there...…….this is the Longhorn we like. We have tried others, including the most awful one on I Drive…….will never go back there. But, this one has good quality and friendly service...…..can`t ask for more than that.

i-TTW2Pkq-XL.jpg

There can be a wait at times here, usually for larger parties, but three parties of two were seated immediately as we walked in and we thought oh there goes all the tables for two...….but, we were seated next...…..you can call ahead and put your name down but we never bother doing this. There`s a waiting area and a bar you can sit at if the wait is going to be longer than normal...……

Our waitress bring us water and asks what we`d like to drink......Tom goes for his usual strawberry lemonade and I go for their equally delicious blackberry lemonade...…...no problem, and she`ll bring some bread when she comes back.

i-qffWGcx-XL.jpg

i-9VbchxJ-XL.jpg

i-7R2PvV9-XL.jpg

Although I don't eat brown or wholemeal type breads, I cannot resist a little of this...….honey wheat and it is lovely......they will bring you as much bread as you like, you only have to ask, but for us, one piece is more than enough in fact we never finish the bit they give us. But, it is nice...……

We are still perusing the menu when she comes back...…..but we kinda know what we are having...…...we omit appetizers and go straight for the steaks...….Tom chooses his usual porterhouse then changes his mind in seconds and opts for the 6oz sirloin and half rack of ribs, he doesn't usually change his mind but tonight he did...…...I went for the 8oz bacon and bourbon filet and we both went for mashed potatoes tonight.....

Tom went for the Caesar salad and I had a green one with honey mustard...…....I remembered to ask for no onions, but always forget to say no croutons......I hate them!!! Not quite sure why, but I won`t have them on my plate......so I pick them off...….

i-gPPRGVC-XL.jpg

i-dSHtwWN-XL.jpg

Salads were nice and we were just chatting when our waitress asked if we minded waiting an extra 5 minutes or so as the kitchen was incredibly busy tonight, we said of course not, we were in no rush.....she thanked us for our patience, but we hadn't noticed any wait at all...….we were just enjoying sitting here and enjoying our trip so much...….nothing to complain about here...…..this was where we did here a man complain they had waited too long and what compensation were they getting!!!!! And he was quite loud...…..his waitress apologized and said they`d be right out, and at that they did appear but he still wasn't happy. We really thought he was going to create a massive scene.....his table was just to the side of our booth.....but the manager appeared and spoke to him very quietly and he began to eat his steak. I have no clue what she said to him, but we were glad a nasty scene was averted.

And at that ours appeared...……

i-zQMBBJz-XL.jpg

i-hLfLwgX-XL.jpg

I have to say Tom`s steak looked a little frazzled and not very appetizing...…..but it was cooked well and he enjoyed it. He loved the ribs though and they did indeed fall off the bone...…..my steak was beautifully cooked, but the sauce I have to say wasn't for me......although I love bourbon sauces, this one wasn't the nicest I have tasted and Tom commented my home made one was much nicer...…..so I guess they didn't use good quality bourbon to cook with. It was quite harsh. Mash was lovely.

This is where I believe the quality to be so different to better steakhouses, of course these were half the price of places like The Palm and Ocean Prime, Tom did remind me really I shouldn't compare a cheap and cheerful but very good place like Longhorn to other upscale restaurants. And that's true, you will get a very decent steak here for a good price. We had enjoyed our meal here tonight, and as we paid the check she brought us lemonades to go......nice touch.

We drove back down Palm Parkway and onto Turkey Lake Road. There used to be a fourway at the junction there, but they have now added traffic lights, they hadn't started working yet though in May. I assume as they are building more hotels in that land that used to just be vacant they are thinking forward. We never minded fourways, but so many don't seem to understand how they work.

We got back to the hotel and parked on the second floor tonight...….it was getting busier.

I loved this light of the day...…...just before it got dark, when the lights were starting to come on and everything appeared very twinkly...…..

i-CnZ2wrG-XL.jpg

This was obviously in May, and Aventura has come on some since we were there...…..I do like the sound of the rooftop bar. And hope to check it out in September...…..

i-8fTrL7v-XL.jpg

i-CnZ2wrG-XL.jpg

i-BBg52JD-XL.jpg

We headed inside and the lobby was fairly busy tonight. Many seemed to be checking in and we wondered how busy StrongWater would be with it being Friday...…..

i-BVGZJjR-XL.jpg

StrongWater wasn't too bad at all...…...we got a very comfortable seat on the long sofa`s and sat back to be entertained. I believe it was the resident guitarist tonight.

We had a quick glance at the menu and Tom was fancying a rum flight again tonight...….so while I ordered a Fountain of Youth the rum Captain came over to chat to Tom and immediately said he`d seen him before...…..now I`m usually good with names, but I`ve blanked on his.....it could be Jason???? Anyway, between them Tom ended up getting The Mainland Flight this time...….we were very much enjoying sitting listening to the music and although it was busy tonight, it wasn't very noisy...…...it was just nice.

i-4KdxJNk-XL.jpg

i-7nbrSSx-XL.jpg

You do get a small glass of crushed ice and a spoon where you can add some ice to your rums if desired...….our previous rum capt had told us really, the rums shouldn't need anything added......and Tom agreed. They were better without ice. He enjoyed them all although the St Augustine one was a little rougher than expected. The Papas Pilar Dark was one we ended up buying a large bottle to bring home with us......it was one of the few I enjoyed drinking straight......very mellow. Tom drinks rums straight up, I prefer some of the stronger ones within a fruity cocktail. But this one was beautiful.

After a little while, we ordered another...….we were in no rush to leave tonight. We had considered as it wasn't raining heading into Citywalk and maybe Margaritaville for cocktails...….but if we were being honest, we were quite happy to sit here tonight...……

I opted this time for another favourite of mine.....Rum Revival and again, after a discussion with "Jason" he chose The New Horizon Flight...…..and we got our usual bowl of snacks...…….we also asked Maggie for a Tres Leches cake...…….we had never tried it before and loved the sound of it...….I`m sure we would like it, but did only order one as we were still fairly full after dinner...……

i-CBdcSQ9-XL.jpg

i-krxgKvF-XL.jpg

I think the last one was Tom`s second favourite Rum tasting of this trip...….we had sat at the bar last year and he enjoyed the choices of Rum Capt off menu......they do listen to what you like and can suggest many you would like...…..he hadn't found a bad one yet!!!!

My Rum Revival was lush!!! Very tasty and that slight basil taste worked beautifully...…..if I was asked my favourite cocktail out of them all in here, I`d struggle big time!!!

i-zh8ftNc-XL.jpg

Oh my goodness!!!! The cake...……

The liquid was pure condensed milk and deliciously sweet...……...and the sponge the lightest I`ve tasted that wasn't home made.....we almost ordered another. And another two to go :D...…...these were the best sellers of their desserts according to the manager who was delighted we had enjoyed another evening in his bar...…..I have to say the other desserts didn't appeal to us at all, but this one was gorgeous!!!

I think we were now full. He did ask if we wanted another drink, but for tonight we were done...…..I think it was around 11pm or just after, so for us it was bedtime...…..

We did go outside for a look just before going up and as always the look of the hotel at night is just lovely...…….incredibly pretty.

i-FX2kKHH-XL.jpg

But, once we paid the check, we began yawning almost simultaneously......yep, time for bed.

We planned some park time tomorrow if the weather behaved.

We really enjoy our local Longhorns and have started eating there pretty frequently. I think their steaks are tastier than Outback. In fact, we got takeout from there last night for Father's Day! I agree with you about the mashed potatoes. They are wonderful. On this most recent trip, we drove around the Universal Property a bit more than usual, and I was amazed at how close Cabana Bay, Aventura, and Sapphire Falls are to the interstate. It feels like they back right up to the road! I assume if you're staying there it doesn't feel that way.

Oh how I wish that we would have been able to meet up....but there are more trips to be had and I know that we will connect sometime soon!!! I love the day trip reports to St. Augustine and to Mount Dora! We are thinking about putting one of these places on our next trip itinerary. We took our son to his very first movie at a movie theater in Celebration - to see Up! Lots of tears after that one. Loving your report. :-)

We really enjoy our local Longhorns and have started eating there pretty frequently. I think their steaks are tastier than Outback. In fact, we got takeout from there last night for Father's Day! I agree with you about the mashed potatoes. They are wonderful. On this most recent trip, we drove around the Universal Property a bit more than usual, and I was amazed at how close Cabana Bay, Aventura, and Sapphire Falls are to the interstate. It feels like they back right up to the road! I assume if you're staying there it doesn't feel that way.

Longhorn is so much better than Outback!! We went twice to try Outback and it doesn't compare at all. But, we do like Longhorn......and yes, mash......mmmm.

The room we were shown in Cabana felt very close to the road, it backed on to Turkey Lake Road and you could hear the traffic from them, I just don't like that hotel at all. Feels very cold and not pretty. But Sapphire, although we haven't gone in to the rooms backing on to Hollywood Way the resort doesn't feel close that way.

You don't notice the road at all at Sapphire from where we were.....it`s a bit like Hogsmeade...so close to the main road but you never hear anything from it at all......:thumbsup2

So, was he tall? Davy is quite convinced you must be tall if you're named Jason. My boyfriend Jason is 6'2" and my co-worker Jason is like 6'4", so Davy is convinced. :)

lol...….how funny Davy thinks that way............funnily enough one of the waiters was called Jason......we got talking to him as he came from quite close to where my family live in Long Island, I recognized the name place on his badge, said I wa sone of the few non Americans who pronounced it correctly............but no he wasn't the Rum Captain...…..but from now on he shall be known as Jason!!

Oh how I wish that we would have been able to meet up....but there are more trips to be had and I know that we will connect sometime soon!!! I love the day trip reports to St. Augustine and to Mount Dora! We are thinking about putting one of these places on our next trip itinerary. We took our son to his very first movie at a movie theater in Celebration - to see Up! Lots of tears after that one. Loving your report. :-)

I know!!! It was a shame, but these things happen.

Glad you liked the town visits, they really were two of our favourite places around....you would enjoy them whichever one you visit.

Ssh…...I`ve never seen Up :blush: But, glad you`re enjoying reading along...…..:wave2:

That SF resort is gorgeous- it really needs to have EP then it would be perfect!!

It really is stunning. I sound like a broken record but we really did love it more than we expected...…..:)

You guys go to the most fun places. The SF Resort looks sooo nice.

We do like our road trips, however short or long...….yes, it is beautiful...…..

I`m glad you`re enjoying it...…..:)

Those drinks look great! The cake looks yummy!! I don't get tired of looking at those lovely pictures of SF!

SATURDAY MAY 19TH

We slept like babies last night, out for the count the whole night and I don't think either of us woke up once...……..

Weather was lovely again today, but wasn't forecast to be great later in the day......we again went through what would we do later as we got ready this morning, we thought about driving somewhere different as we had been told of a few places downtown we may want to try...….then we thought of heading over to PBH for Sal`s pizza...….but, unlike previous visits where we felt we had to cram as much in as possible in to our last few days as it would be a year till we`d be back, we never felt the desire or the need to cram as much as possible in as we would be back soon. So we decided...……………...we`d decide later...…….

For this morning we went down to Dutch Trading Co again...…..we really just fancied another pastry and coffee for breakfast...…..we each got the same one and as it was busy we sat out in the lobby area at a table...….

i-GqPmBkf-XL.jpg

We were fairly early this morning, not like EE early as we never do that...….but early enough we took our time and enjoyed the lazy feel of today...….although it looked fairly dull outside we heard a woman say how hot it was...…..good!!! Although my face usually ends up looking like a beetroot in the heat.....but, even with that, we love the heat...……

We have never walked from Sapphire, and have no plans to. The boat is ideal and is a pleasant little way to get to Citywalk. This morning the boat is busy, and as one pulls away full another appears behind it...…..one guy had brushed past us with no apology to make the first one, and then he was extremely irate to not be allowed on...…..one other guest saw he was mad and told him to calm down...…..oops!!! At that point we heard security say to someone they couldn't take something in to the park...….he was adamant he was taking it and they adamantly told him he wasn't. We didn't see what it was but heard them say it could be used as a weapon. So, he could take it back to his room, or leave it with them...….I guess he left it with them as he joined the line as we were getting on the boat...…..

It was warm despite the dull start......I was convinced the sun would shine today...…..

We loved seeing RP as we passed...….this was definitely our home hotel and had been for almost 10 years, although Sapphire was certainly not far behind now.

i-NxH5GqJ-XL.jpg

We got off the boat and rather oddly the guy who had brushed by us, stropped off the boat without his family, telling them he`d find them later...….not a great way to start the day!!!! For us, we were heading off to Studios this morning.

It was very busy looking today, busier than we had seen it for a while...…...there was even a little line to get through the gates this morning, but as always staff get you through as quickly and efficiently as they possibly can. And today was no different...……

We love this park. It does have something for everyone...…..and one of the best rides around is The Mummy. It`s not the highest nor the most thrilling, but it is one of the best rides around......the theme is tremendous and extremely well done. The full line is worth seeing but not if it`s massively long and you have EP. The we will always do EP line. But, every now and again it`s nice to see the whole thing.

For today we do our usual walk through the store and buy a few last minute purchases, most of them were just little gifts and we have them sent back to the room rather than carry them around today. This is a wonderful perk of staying onsite. Of course if you`re not an onsite guest you can have purchases sent to the front of the park and pick them up as you leave for the day...….so no need to carry them around either.

We see the regular line for Despicable Me is 45 minutes. We use the EP line and it`s less than 5 minutes for us to get on, but when we were heading out the park, we did think of going on it again, but the EP line was fairly long so we didn't bother. But, we really enjoyed this again today...….it`s not too rough and I never get motion issues on it...…..it`s a fun and cute little ride, but if you have someone who gets motion issues, you can use the static bench seats at the front.

We come off of this and don't have any pictures with the Minions today...…..so cute!!! And I resist picking up some more minion merchandise......I really don't have much more room in our cases this trip...….so I manage to abstain from buying anything.

Now, on to RRR. This is a mixed bag at times. We love the climb and the first 3/4 of the coaster, but I fond the last quarter a little bumpy even when we`re on the front......it is smoother on the front and Tom and Kyle don't find the last quarter extra bumpy, but I do. I find it can at times leave me a little fuzzy......but, we do still ask for the front and have always been allowed to do so, even if it means waiting an extra few minutes.

The regular line was 50 minutes so with EP we were on in 5 minutes. We again ask for the front and he asked if we wanted the front car or front row....we said front row......and we got on the next car. I still get incredibly nervous going on this ride.....but, good nervous. More excitement than anything......it still feels slightly terrifying to lay flat as you climb and try not to imagine sliding out the back!! Of course the harness is incredibly safe and you are securely locked in, but part of the fun of this ride is that faint terror of ……..what if!!!!!

We pull our harnesses over and begin to choose our music......I`m incredibly dull and always, always choose I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor...….Tom chose KC and the Sunshine Band...….I believe that`s another one he chooses regularly. It takes seconds to pick and then we are climbing...…...those 13 seconds to the top are the most scary and thrilling at the same time...……..and no bright sunshine means I can fully open my eyes...….although sometimes if I haven't been on it for a while I`m not brave enough to open them the first time...….but today I do.....and I love the view you get, albeit short...…...and then you`re falling......it`s a very controlled drop though.....not the stomach churning dropping feeling you can get from some coasters...….but smooth!!!

The whole ride is good today, and over far too quickly...…..we get off and the lady behind us is in tears and shouting at her husband she knew she`d hate it...…...she really was crying hard now. Oh dear. We did go look at our pictures and I swear she`s trying to get to him on the ride...….lol...….ride pictures we occasionally buy, but they aren't the best images between one thing and another...…..especially at high speed...…..

We often have the discussion with people who say it goes upside down. Of course it doesn't go anywhere near upside down...…..no over the shoulder harnesses are one clue, but if you watch you can see the car goes over the top of the loop.

i-6W8R5QH-XL.jpg

Another ride we give a side swerve to is Jimmy Fallon. Don't like the guy and didn't like the ride...….I guess he is an acquired taste really...….we don't get him at all...….and the ride although a disappointment to us, has an amazing entrance......the building is beautiful and well worth seeing...…we may go back in to see it again, but will give the ride a miss. Panda is cool though...…..

The beautiful central area is rarely without someone in it. It is a smoking area, so we usually avoid it...…..but today there was no one around this area so we managed to get a little wander inside. It is pretty and like many places in Universal, there are seats to enjoy a little break at times...…..

i-4wF9rjX-XL.jpg

Tom often thinks he`d like one of these New York style townhouses with the sets of stairs leading up to the front door......then I remind him he would have people either side of him and he soon loses the desire to have neighbours so close! But, they are a style we do love to see and last time we were in NYC, we enjoyed a walk into areas of Manhattan that have that type of design...…..

i-6qNgbsp-XL.jpg

Again, looking back to the central green area and again, benches to sit on which is appreciated at times.

i-qbsFNFt-XL.jpg

Looking down to where one of our favourite rides sits...…..Yep, Mummy is a classic......I do remember the first time I went on it many years ago.....of course you can`t see the track before you go on and I was a little nervous......Tom and Kyle went on first and proclaimed it one I would definitely enjoy...….and they were right...….once you`ve done any ride once you can really enjoy it fully in the future, or of course avoid if you didn't like it......but Mummy is a good one.

They were still doing some work on the front and the TM were moved slightly to the right of where they usually stand. But it doesn't affect entrance to the ride in any way.

i-QhS69Hc-XL.jpg

Finnegans for us, is good for a cocktail, and many enjoy the food there...… and of course it is mobbed during HHN!!!

i-MsqPp3x-XL.jpg

I think I mentioned in my last report, this guy has worked as a stilt guy at The Mummy for years...…..we have pictures of him from every trip since our first and he hasn't changed a bit!!!! Weirdly he looks exactly the same...…….a few of the other guys change regularly, but he is definitely a regular feature...…..

i-zrhgR9b-XL.jpg

So many window façade`s have unique and some scene appropriate designs...….I don't think they have changed in the time we have visited, but I don't think I have ever pictured them all.

i-bKBDxbM-XL.jpg

Doesn't look too busy here. And again, we were too early for the very fun Blues Brothers Show...….don't miss it if you can help it....it`s nothing too fancy, but so much fun and very much a crowd participation show...….most people dance and sing along with them and the lady who sings with them has a belter of a voice.

i-fwfTXnJ-XL.jpg

i-87MP6QG-XL.jpg

Trying to get Tom to part with his new toy was proving difficult...….but on occasion he would be parted with it and let me have a go......Have to admit, I found it a little heavy and was concerned I was going to drop it or damage it in some way...….I was still convinced it was a ridiculous price to pay for a point and shoot, but again......boys and toys!!! He was happy with it...….

i-K7FNsmf-XL.jpg

When we used to Stay and Scream for HHN, this street is one of the holding areas for horror night guests. You are checked for the correct ticket, it`s scanned and you are left here to wait for early release...….it`s worth it if you want a head start on the main crowds......but, there are only one or two benches and then you have the steps or the sidewalk...…..and many a night we have had numb bums sitting on them waiting, as it can be quite a while......but usually you are just glad to have somewhere to sit. We all huddled against the door of the steps one year as the rain came pounding down as we waited......we were glad to have chosen those steps instead of choosing the bench opposite where it`s occupants had to move as the roof above them deluged water down on them...…

I loved the eyes you can see in the window of the optician store...….

i-tZzTVfv-XL.jpg

Below you can see where the work is being down for the new cinematic light and fountain show. This will be premiered later on and does look like it will be beautiful. We did like the last show as it had a lot of nostalgia in it for those that know and love both older and more modern Universal Studios movies...….however this new one will take lights and water to a higher level than the previous show. We can`t wait to see this one. They are expecting it to be a great deal more popular than the last one, which is why a smaller section of the Central Park area behind the diggers has been utilized to enable a larger viewing area to be able to enjoy the new show.

i-FxCv22N-XL.jpg

i-nBFXXwF-XL.jpg

We also missed seeing Beat Builders this visit...…..we heard them as we went a little further around though, they are very cool and worth watching as again, the show does have a little audience participation...…..but, they are cool, everybody loves to stop and watch them.

i-4fXQ3Sg-XL.jpg

Fast and furious was a miss for us today. We had tried it 3 times on our previous visit and had decided it was a dud for us. Although we are huge car fans, this was still a miss. But, it was busy as folks of course were looking forward to trying out Universal`s newest addition to the parks.

i-wBHnCgV-XL.jpg

We very slowly meander around and we don't go in to Potter yet...…..but we do of course stop for some picture ops...….I LOVE this purple Knight Bus...….and wouldn't it be cool if you could actually sleep in a room done out like the Knight Bus!!! Although Tom reminded me it may just be a little basic for me...….lol.....well, probably, but they could jazz it up a little...…..hmmm. Maybe not then...……

i-cZ8fppq-XL.jpg

i-WzV5nX3-XL.jpg

I think if he hadn't gone into being an Engineer, he`d have made a great London Bus Conductor...…...not sure he`d agree...….

i-RzGWzcD-XL.jpg

We love this whole area...….even without going in to Diagon Alley it has been themed to within an inch of it`s life!!! And everything is more detailed than we ever expected it to be...…even out here, you can see and hear people still seeing it for the first time and are quite engulfed in everything this amazing place has to offer...….

i-TCWfzG7-XL.jpg

i-sqWJs7W-XL.jpg

i-nxZpBfN-XL.jpg

Kreacher today was fairly temperamental. A couple of times he appeared but didn't quite fully appear...….it was like every second time he worked correctly...….and of course he is a crowd drawer...…..folks will stand till he appears and absolutely love to see his craggy and sinisterly evil face.

i-2tdGpSZ-XL.jpg

The view over the lagoon is pretty. And had changed over the years...…..and now we were delighted to see the sun was indeed coming out......as I mentioned it to Tom it was going to be bright sunshine soon, this little ray of sunshine passed us with a miserable face and quipped to us don't get too happy as it was to rain heavy later!!!! Gee thanks for brightening up our day!!!! lol...…...some people really do have a half empty glass...……certainly wouldn't affect our day!!!

i-LZKkTbZ-XL.jpg

i-x5Vdx58-XL.jpg

We had decided at this point we were going to head out to O charley`s later for lunch after we had been to Diagon Alley and IOA...…..and we wanted a snack for now...…..so we headed round to the Simpsons area...….I knew what I wanted to have...……

I`m not a fan of the Simpsons at all, and hate the ride as it makes me so bad. Will never ride it again. Tom and Kyle enjoy it and Tom goes on it now only when Kyle is with us...…..so we pass this by and also MiB today...…...again, not a ride I`m overly fond of and Tom prefers to have his shooting buddy with him for that one.

i-X6mVCfv-XL.jpg

i-Q9pxXHh-XL.jpg

The food court in Simpsons area is a real mix of food choices...…..we have enjoyed several things from there, and a few have been mediocre.....but the meat pizza, turkey wrap and shrimp are items we had enjoyed on previous visits. It is worth a visit and see what you think. And Tom enjoyed a hot dog if I remember correctly...…..

i-CqnDSXv-XL.jpg

The Bumblebee Man`s Tacos van gets very mixed reviews...……..it didn't appeal to us at all, some of the food we saw come out looked a little greasy for us, but the aroma was hard to beat when you passed it and many seemed to enjoy it.

i-LrDSgkf-XL.jpg

Again you could really see where they were putting together the components for their newest addition, guys in little boats were patrolling up and down with alacrity on occasions...…..they certainly have a mission to get on with.

i-rd7pZjj-XL.jpg

We, or should I say, I wanted to share the doughnut Sundae...…..not my favourite doughnut, but with the ice cream and cream I was sure we`d like it...….although it was still early, the lovely thing about being on vacation was having ice cream is definitely acceptable at any time of day......sadly they had no caramel sauce for a topping...…..

i-D7pcWMC-XL.jpg

i-6MPrLkX-XL.jpg

We didn't leave much!!!! And it didn't feel like we had eaten a huge dessert.....the seats down by the lagoon are ideal, never really get too busy and having umbrellas they have good shade...…...and as the sun was now shining it was nice. Despite the Princess of Darkness earlier prediction of heavy rain later, we would enjoy this before heading back around to Diagon Alley and transporting ourselves to Hogsmeade by the magical Hogwarts Express.

Those drinks look great! The cake looks yummy!! I don't get tired of looking at those lovely pictures of SF!

It really was a lovely cake, light and not too heavy despite the heavy condensed milk flavor...….and yes, the drinks are always gorgeous there......I do believe there is only one cocktail now I haven't tried on their menu...….::yes::

Have a wonderful trip! I have to tell you that we rode Fast and Furious last week, and the whole family agreed it was one of the worst rides we have ever ridden! I don't know what they were thinking. Also, wanted to let you know that we tried out Wonderland cookie dough and loved it! We got the basic chocolate chip cookie dough, so maybe it's better than that strawberry cheesecake kind you tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter