Back from SSR, Memorial Weekend

tomandrobin

DIS Veteran
DW and I just got back this afternoon from a wonderful 5 day/4 night anniversary trip! Once again we had a terrific time! We absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Saratoga and enjoy every trip more then the last trip.

This was our 9th trip to SSR in the past 15 months. We were really surprised to how busy the resort was. Nothing was over crowded, just busy.

We had requested first building, by the pool, in the GrandStand section and DVC fullfilled our request. Again, we love the new GrandStand section. This might become our favorite section and building.

The GrandStand pool is a really nice addition to Saratoga Springs. The pool is not as "kid" friendly as the main pool. The pool bar was not open yet, which was to bad. It was hot and we were thristy. Maybe once the last building is opened in June, they will open the bar. The interactive kids area is definately a hit. Everytime we walked by the pool or were swimming, there were kids using the new area.

We ate at AP twice during our trip. We really like the food here, not the usual burger and fries. Also, the check-out lines appeared to be better then our past visits. There was definately more staff manning the registers, packing bags and restocking. Maybe it was just the influx of new summer help. Maybe Disney is listening. I'm hoping for the latter.

Bus service was fantastic. We only had one bus (to EPCOT) that took 20 minutes to show up. I really like the new GPS system and music on the buses. Most of the buses now have a led clock at the front of the bus, which we also liked. The downside to the GPS and new music being piped in to the bus is the personal interaction that you would on occassion get from the drivers.

We toured the new AKV models during the open house. WOW they looked great and the layouts of the one bedroom is terriffic. I am glad we had done an add-on at the resort. We did meet our Guide while at the resort. She informed us that the tapestry form/information is going to be mailed out in June. I hope she is right.

Overall, we had a great time. The parks were semi-crowded, we have done NYE and July 4th, so anything else is easy. We were on the DDP and all of our meals were good to great.

Disappointed that we did not run into any fellow disers. Maybe next trip?

Any questions?

Glad you had a great trip we love SSr as well but decided to do the BCV thing this trip

4 days away can't get here soon enough.

^^^

I just got back as well from SSR ..... kind of.

My wife and our two kids (22 months & 2 months) were just down at Disney last week and we took the plunge and became DVC members ourselves. We purchased points at SSR and we're extremely excited!!!

We met each other on vacation at Vista resorts when we were teenagers back in 1991. Our parents both have time sharing with Vistana and it was just dumb luck that we met. We kept in contact, dated and eventually got married. Orlando/Disney is a very special place for us and we go every year to Vistana (borrowing our parents time). Finally we decided after so many years that this year it was time for us to make an investment for ourselves (especially with the younglings :) ).

Year after year we have been becoming more dis-satisfied with Vistana and after so many trips to Disney we have never visited a DVC resort. It was just dumb luck that we stopped by the boardwalk on this trip. We walked around and loved the place!! We checked out a open house there and booked an apt. with someone at SSR. The next day we toured SSR and bought without question.

I can't tell you how excited we are and we can't wait to plan our first trip. We have so many wonderful vacation ideas for our new family and Orlando is just the start!!

tomandrobin
We were looking out for you two sunday morning at AP.But did meet a family from Belair,Md. our first day there.There Dd is a dis member.You are right the bus service was very good.But we did have a problem with mousekeeping.So I paid a visit to the front desk to talk to the GM about it.Had a good 20 min.talk with him about the problems.But other than that we had a great time once again.

jadkar Welcome Home

Did you notice if they were using the new Million Dreams refillable mugs? This time next week we'll be there!!!

Did you happen to see my friends there? They arrived at SSR on Sunday morning. My friend is 32yo and would've been wearing a bandana on her head because she just finished chemo and her hair hasn't grown back yet. She may have been riding a scooter too. She was with her husband and 4yo DD with long dark brown hair that was probably bouncing off the walls excited over their first trip to WDW.lol

DW and I just got back this afternoon from a wonderful 5 day/4 night anniversary trip! Once again we had a terrific time! We absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Saratoga and enjoy every trip more then the last trip.

This was our 9th trip to SSR in the past 15 months. We were really surprised to how busy the resort was. Nothing was over crowded, just busy.

We had requested first building, by the pool, in the GrandStand section and DVC fullfilled our request. Again, we love the new GrandStand section. This might become our favorite section and building.

The GrandStand pool is a really nice addition to Saratoga Springs. The pool is not as "kid" friendly as the main pool. The pool bar was not open yet, which was to bad. It was hot and we were thristy. Maybe once the last building is opened in June, they will open the bar. The interactive kids area is definately a hit. Everytime we walked by the pool or were swimming, there were kids using the new area.

We ate at AP twice during our trip. We really like the food here, not the usual burger and fries. Also, the check-out lines appeared to be better then our past visits. There was definately more staff manning the registers, packing bags and restocking. Maybe it was just the influx of new summer help. Maybe Disney is listening. I'm hoping for the latter.

Bus service was fantastic. We only had one bus (to EPCOT) that took 20 minutes to show up. I really like the new GPS system and music on the buses. Most of the buses now have a led clock at the front of the bus, which we also liked. The downside to the GPS and new music being piped in to the bus is the personal interaction that you would on occassion get from the drivers.

We toured the new AKV models during the open house. WOW they looked great and the layouts of the one bedroom is terriffic. I am glad we had done an add-on at the resort. We did meet our Guide while at the resort. She informed us that the tapestry form/information is going to be mailed out in June. I hope she is right.

Overall, we had a great time. The parks were semi-crowded, we have done NYE and July 4th, so anything else is easy. We were on the DDP and all of our meals were good to great.

Disappointed that we did not run into any fellow disers. Maybe next trip?

Any questions?

:yay: :yay:

tomandrobin
We were looking out for you two sunday morning at AP.But did meet a family from Belair,Md. our first day there.There Dd is a dis member.You are right the bus service was very good.But we did have a problem with mousekeeping.So I paid a visit to the front desk to talk to the GM about it.Had a good 20 min.talk with him about the problems.But other than that we had a great time once again.

jadkar Welcome Home

We were keeping an eye out. Saturday we got up a little late, we made it to AP around 8am. This rest of our trip we were there at 7am. We will be back Oct 30 for 6 days and Dec 27 for 6 days.

Is AP the only place to get a refill on the mugs?

Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm glad you had such a great SSR trip.
Bobbi:goodvibes

Did you happen to see my friends there? They arrived at SSR on Sunday morning. My friend is 32yo and would've been wearing a bandana on her head because she just finished chemo and her hair hasn't grown back yet. She may have been riding a scooter too. She was with her husband and 4yo DD with long dark brown hair that was probably bouncing off the walls excited over their first trip to WDW.lol
I am anxiuos to hear news about your friends, too!- :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter