Back to Disney after 6 years...this time it will be DLR for New Years Eve 2018!

30 days before we leave for Canada...
42 days before we arrive in Disneyland!!

Joining in. Your trip sounds great. We went to California once and it was fab there. You can almost feel the history in that park
Thanks for joining in :welcome: Yes it's always great to be back in the original Park where Walt first brought his dream to life.

Well it's one month before we leave for Canada and 42 days before we arrive in Disneyland. We have paid up the last of our accommodation and now only have to get tickets to Universal. The AUD to USD is improving and I'm hoping it might improve a little more before I buy tickets.

I'm now starting to think about packing for all the different seasons we will be encountering. We will need snow gear for Edmonton and Banff, layers for LA weather and shorts and t-shirts for Hawaii.

We can take two 23kg bags each as checked luggage but we really don't wont to have to have large bags each especially as we have a few transfers to negotiate. At least our buses in Canada have the same baggage allowances. I'm thinking that DH and I will take 3 bags between us - two full suitcases and a large back pack that DH has had since his European backpacker days. The backpack fits a lot of stuff and might be good for our winter gear. DD has one large bag with her plus her carry-on but she may need to buy another bag as she has bought a few things while she has been there. We also plan on shopping since we have promised to buy shoes and clothes for the DD's left behind. I can see us having to buy another bag in Honolulu.

Such good problems to have though :cool1:

Last edited:
14 Days before we Leave for Canada!!
26 Days Before we arrive in Disneyland!!!

Wow time has flown!

Today I picked up our travel documents from our TA. It was quite a thick package that included:
  • Our detailed Itinerary
  • Destination information for Canada and the USA
  • E-tickets (theses are pretty much obsolete these days as airlines just ask to see your passport)
  • Accommodation vouchers for all 6 of our destinations - Edmonton, Banff, Calgary, Anaheim, Hollywood and Waikiki.
  • Our Disneyland 4 day Park Hopper vouchers which we will exchange for tickets at gate.
I have also printed off:
  • Our ETA and ESTA confirmations. This is probably not necessary as they are attached to our passports, but I like to have a hard copy. Hannah didn't bother when she went. I'm still old fashioned that way.
  • Confirmation and Itinerary for Red Arrow Bus from Edmonton to Calgary
  • Confirmation and Itinerary for Banff Airporter form Calgary to Banff and return.
  • Confirmation and Itinerary for our day trip to Lake Louise
  • Tickets for Universal Hollywood. I bought one day passes for Wednesday Jan 2nd. Our main focus will be WWoHP.
On my phone I have confirmation for all our dinner bookings and mobile tickets for an Edmonton Oilers vs St Louis National Hockey League match. That's scheduled for the evening of the day after we arrive. A 7pm match. A good way to get acclimatized!

So I think that's everything! All I need to do now is pack!

Looking back on our trip in Jan 2012, the time leading up to our departure was so hectic with end of year school and uni exams, School Spectacular, dance concerts and of course Christmas. We were so busy yet I remember the last couple of months seemed to go so slowly. Now the kids are all grown up and working. I've only had one class that I've been teaching this year and that's done. I do have one student I'm tutoring as he starts his first term of Year 12 but he's nearly done for the year. Yet despite the less hectic pace, time seems to have flown. The 2 week departure mark snuck up on me when I wasn't paying attention.

I put the Christmas tree and some decorations up for the 2 DD's who will be left behind. I wish they could come and I know DD2 especially would love to be traveling but work is keeping them busy. They are saving so they can move out or travel and their next trips will be with their boyfriends.

Sounds like you're well organised :)

I put up my Christmas tree because I have young students in the house but haven't bothered with the other decorations cos they all have to come down so soon this year

We leave for Canada today!!
12 Days before we arrive in Disneyland!!!

So we are all packed and ready to go. DH has tidied up the garden and cleaned the pool and we have given our 2 DD's we are leaving behind instructions on keeping the house up and running. DD1 and her boyfriend are dropping us at the airport and DD2 is home to say goodbye. DD3 has 2 more exams but though she is sad to say goodbye to her new friends she is looking forward to seeing us and our trip. I can't wait to see her!!

Hi there!! Just found your PTR...following along. I am planning a first in 20 years trip to DLR for June so very interested to hear about your plans!! They sound fantastic!

Well it's been 2 weeks since we have been back and I haven't had a chance to finish this off until now. So here it goes...

We had an amazing time!! Canada was stunning and awe inspiring and Hawaii was wonderful as always. I will do a Trip Report focusing on our 4 days in Disneyland over New Years but may add a few photos from Canada and Hawaii.

Thanks to those who followed along here. I'll put a link to my Trip Report in my sig if anyone wants to join me. Cheers!

I read all the way through and I'm excited to see how it all went for you! I hope your time was wonderful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!