Bag delivery disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to talk to them directly. Well they were not answering their phone. Apparently bell services are from 7am to 11pm
Just curious if, since you were at the front desk anyway, whether you considered stepping out the front door to speak to BS/LA face to face?

It sure feels like there is a bit of victim blaming going on. I would be pretty ticked off as well.

Yes I know that you are not talking to the actual front desk, but I bet 99.9% of guests who call don't know it and Disney purposely keeps it quiet. Even my wife was skeptical when I told her we weren't really speaking to the front desk when we had an issue. If the "front desk" button were labelled as "ill informed and often unhelpful call center somewhere else in Florida", then I would agree that the OP should have lowered her expectations.

Several people asked "Why didn't you call bell services instead?" I would turn that around and ask why the "front desk" person didn't tell the OP that she should instead call Bell Services because the likelihood was that the message would get lost. How is the OP to know how Disney hotel operations are organized?

OP sorry to hear of your experience. It's disappointing and I'm sure scary being awaken not once but twice from a dead sleep.

I think the op was basically asking if she was being reasonable, in feeling irritated with the situation. I don’t have the impression she thinks she’s a victim.

It’s interesting that people are assuming the OP called the front-desk. You could just as easily assume that she asked in person when she arrived (unless I overlooked something). Either way, of course this could have been avoided, but that’s kind of Monday morning quarterbacking. I don’t think anyone is on their A-game after a day of travel with two children.

I would have been annoyed.

I wouldn’t think that a sign is necessary not to have bell services knock on your door at 2AM, but I guess I’m wrong!
Yes if you are taking about them bringing the ME bags you are wrong. They will bring them whatever time they arrive unless you call Bell services and tell them to do otherwise. And then you better also but the sign out as added insurance too

Luggage Assistance. And no, typically the values do not run it 24/7. It can vary, but I wouldn't depend on it being always open.

we had just come from OKW with 24/7 luggage assistance (or at least i think it was) and were just here one night for an early flight so no luggage assistance 24/7 for values. The person who brought our luggage up at 10:30 said to call down at 4 am for pick up or call to schedule a pick up. She neglected to tell me they closed at 11pm and didn't reopen until 7am. o_O How could i even get luggage assistance at 4:30 if they're not open until 7?

. The person who brought our luggage up at 10:30 said to call down at 4 am for pick up or call to schedule a pick up.
I keep reading posts about scheduling ahead for luggage pick-up. It's especially interesting to me that you were told you could do this. I was told I could not do this. I really want to, but both of the times I've called ahead and inquired about this, it's like they're laughing at me! Why would I ask something so ridiculous?! Maybe I am just talking to the wrong person. I call luggage assistance/bell services directly, not "guest assistance" (aka "front desk" button on the phone). Recently we had a long wait at Pop Century for someone to come and help us. I would have done it myself, but I was alone with my young DD and couldn't manage our luggage alone. If only I could learn the secret to scheduling a luggage pick-up time in advance.

I keep reading posts about scheduling ahead for luggage pick-up. It's especially interesting to me that you were told you could do this. I was told I could not do this. I really want to, but both of the times I've called ahead and inquired about this, it's like they're laughing at me! Why would I ask something so ridiculous?! Maybe I am just talking to the wrong person. I call luggage assistance/bell services directly, not "guest assistance" (aka "front desk" button on the phone). Recently we had a long wait at Pop Century for someone to come and help us. I would have done it myself, but I was alone with my young DD and couldn't manage our luggage alone. If only I could learn the secret to scheduling a luggage pick-up time in advance.

We've only been able to schedule luggage pick up ahead of time at Moderates or Deluxes which have true Bell Services. I've not been able to at the Values which have luggage assistance.

This was in 2015, but we had a similar situation at Port Orleans Riverside the night we arrived. DH went in person to inquire about our luggage being brought to our room (they transported it directly still at that time) and was told it would happen within 3 hours of arrival at the resort - this was at 9pm. He told them to hold it until morning if it was going to be later than that. We waited up until midnight, called down to ask them to hold it, put DO NOT DISTURB on the door and went to bed. At 1AM, the loud calling out and knocking started on our door, even with the sign in place and the TWO requests (granted, the first one was a conditional request - if x, then y) to hold the luggage. I was SUPER annoyed! Anyone who has raised young kids knows how precious sleep is during that phase...

This was in 2015, but we had a similar situation at Port Orleans Riverside the night we arrived. DH went in person to inquire about our luggage being brought to our room (they transported it directly still at that time) and was told it would happen within 3 hours of arrival at the resort - this was at 9pm. He told them to hold it until morning if it was going to be later than that. We waited up until midnight, called down to ask them to hold it, put DO NOT DISTURB on the door and went to bed. At 1AM, the loud calling out and knocking started on our door, even with the sign in place and the TWO requests (granted, the first one was a conditional request - if x, then y) to hold the luggage. I was SUPER annoyed! Anyone who has raised young kids knows how precious sleep is during that phase...
old thread and ME is discontinuing, so no undesirable delivery times of luggage. I do hope they open POFQ back up. We have not stayed there in many years.

I just realized this was an old thread. I stumbled across it while doing a search for some other info and didn't realize the dates until after I posted, LOL. Sorry for my faux pas!!

I just realized this was an old thread. I stumbled across it while doing a search for some other info and didn't realize the dates until after I posted, LOL. Sorry for my faux pas!!

Not your fault. The forums keep all the old threads open. I'm on a couple of others where after something like 6 months of inactivity, the thread is automatically locked. Goes a long way in preventing zombie threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter