Banked 2018 points with Aulani

BlueRibbon

Mouseketeer
We have a Dec UY and are still scheduled to go to Aulani in October of this year on banked 2018 points along with 2019 and some 2020 points(Yes...this was a blowout trip). I called MS to cancel about 2 weeks ago, and was told that if I were to cancel, I'd have to use all my 2018 and 2019 points by Nov 30. However, if we wait until our trip is "impacted," meaning Disney cancels, then the 2019 points will be automatically banked into 2020, and that Disney would "work with us" to use the 2018 points. When asked for specifics about what "work with you" meant, MS wouldn't give a concrete response.

Was wondering if anyone out there had a similar situation and found what it meant for Disney to "work with you"

Although it may be nerve racking, you will have the greatest latitude of what to do with your points if you wait for Disney to cancel your trip. Given Hawaii’s continual pushing back of their opening without a mandatory 14 day quarantine, I wouldn’t be surprised if Aulani isn’t open in October. Based on what Disney is doing with ABD and DCL, I’m pretty sure that they will allow you to schedule your trip for October of 2021 using the same points for this trip if it gets canceled. My June ABD got canceled and when I called about my options, they allowed me to use the same points to book the ABD for 2021. They didn‘t even change the reservation number, just the date. I know there have been more specific posts on this topic on the boards, but I don’t remember if it was the ABD, DVC, or Aulani thread.

I had this exact conversation with them over the same points. I will say, if you used any one time use points or you have anything that needs to be put back in its use year they will not refund or bank automatically.
Just keep checking the site because they cancel 2 weeks out and you’ll receive no notice that the reservation was cancelled.

We had a trip booked for the first part of April, September use year using banked 2018 points and 2019 points. We were able to bank the 2019 points when it was cancelled but the 280 or so of 2018 points would have expired at the end of August, they have extended them to November, but since Disneyland isn't open either it is not likely they will get used. It is unfortunately a very different situation than ABD or DCL (which we also had cancelled) since the points represent a time share real estate interest.

I have no insight on this, but wanted to mention there's threads on the DVC board on this topic that may provide additional information or thoughts. Hope everything works out!

We were in the same situation. We had a trip booked for May. We have a June UY and were using 2018 and 2019 points. They extended the 2018 for 6 months since all of Disney was closed. So we moved it to Oct so we wouldn’t lose out. Never figured we wouldn’t make it in Oct. But here we are. We booked a DW trip for Nov and moved the rest of the 2018 points to RCI. That was our only option without losing them. We are now booked for April using our 2019 points and some 2020. Reallly disappointing but hopefully we’ll get a decent trip with RCI. So my understanding is this is it for 2018 points. Total bummer. So check on moving them to RCI. You will have 2 years to use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter