Banked points

Cant wait for Disney

DIS Veteran
Just logged into our membership for the first time- hooray! I have a question about banked points. We bought a resale contract for SSR with a June use year. The previous owners had banked 180 points that are set to expire June 1. As we're understanding, we would have to complete a trip before that time to use the points, correct? Not just use the points to secure a reservation before June 1? The system is allowing us to choose the banked points as an option for an August trip, but we wanted to check in with the pros first!
thank you!

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome home!

If the points show an expiration of June 1, 2020, they were most likely originally 2018 points that were banked into the 2019 use year. They could also be 2019 points, however.

If they were originally 2018 points, it looks like MS automatically extended the life of those points for you due to the resort closures. If so, the new expiration of the points is 12/1/2020.

If they were originally 2019 points, it looks like MS automatically banked them for you for the same reason. If so, those points will actually expire on 6/1/2021.

My advice is to call MS and ask the CM to explain what you actually have. (I think it will be good news). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter