Battle Bots

rangebob

The tag fairy messages were stolen.
If you are planning on Universal the weekend of March 28 - 30 and you like robotics you are in for a treat. That weekend they are conducting a high school Battle Bots competition at the Studios. I still don't know how they are giving away tickets or how other people can visit the competition.

They are using the same rules for the high school students as the TV show, except no super heavy weight. When I get some more information I will let you know if you want to go in a watch a little of the competition. It should be fun.

That's so cool! Any word is it'll be televised? You could wave to us Robert:p ! Are you going to be a ref?

I really don't know I am going to re-contact them on Monday. They were still awaiting job lists from the production crew.

that could be a lot oif fun on saturday after kicking some alien's around on MIB :eek:

I think I could find a 30 lb sledge hammer. I think they will need to say no projectiles with that battle. As long as they don't let Sir Killalot into the ring with the flame thrower.

Sounds fun, Bob! Keep us posted, I think that sounds like something Thing 1 and Thing 2 would enjoy immensely!!!

Karen

This was a wonderful competition. There was 2 full days of competition divided into 4 - 4 hour sessions. Each of the sessions had about 20 regular matches and at least one rumble. For the people that came in for the Saturday afternoon session they recieved a real treat. They were able to watch the finals and 3 different rumbles.

The areana at 32' square with 2 kill saws and 4 hammers just like the televised BB competition. The only difference was that high school students built and competed and they had control of the weapons. Needless to say they were ruthless on the other robots at times with the hammers. We had one robot that came out flat in the center with smashed control systems. They had no chances to revive this robot.

According to Trey the founder for BB he said that they are going to have atleast one more of these competitions this year. He told me that it is going to be back in the east again. He wouldn't confirm that it was going to be held here in Florida or Universal again. He also told me that he is working on getting an actual BB competition on the East coast but no guarantees.

When the competition returns again try to get here and check it out. You could be in for a real treat if you catch the right matches. Some of them looked like a sycronized (sp) swimming match gone bad then other there were robots flying 4' in the air and going across the arena and hitting the wall with people in the audiance jumping to get away from the bot. The walls were made out of 1" lexan with no chances of anything coming out of the arena.

Sounds fun, wish I could've made it. We asked the Audience Center about tickets Friday night, but they said you had to be there the day of in the morning. Stayed out a bit too late Friday to get up that early Saturday!

They weren't giving out tickets out for this one. They were allowing guests in depening on seating in the BB area. They were allowing people in through out the day except during the times that we were on break. The Sat. afternoon session they were letting people in but not alot of them due to most teams taking up the bleachers.

Hi Robert!

Sounds like it was a blast. Did you end up being a referee? Will we be seeing you on Comedy central?:D :p My son is seriously into Lego Robotics. I think he'd really like the BBs!

Keep us posted if it comes around to FL again. It would be a great excuse to visit!!

It's called BattleBots IQ. The show is looking for a permenant place to call home...And yes it will be televised.

From what they told up is they didn't know if it was going to be televised. They taped the whole thing in hopes that it will be on this year. The main thng that they were trying to do is to get funding for the future.

I wasn't one of the referees. I am close enough to the arena that I sould be seen. I was a safety inspector and I was in the arena a couple of times to check on robots damaged in the bouts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter