bay view room vs deluxe room

colemonster

Earning My Ears
I have a bay view room on hold for the PBH in November. I can get a deluxe room for $10 more per night. Is the deluxe room much better? Is it worth the extra cash?

If you are a view person stick with the Bay Room. If you love a big bathroom go with the Deluxe. It's bathroom is hugh. It feels as big as the room. You have a separate standing shower. I loved the deluxe rooms when I was there. Also the Deluxe come with automatic turndown service.

We decided to go with the deluxe room. I was only $10 more a night and thought it would be worth the extra cash. I have requested a patio room but the lady said it was a request only. She also said I would not know if I got it until check in. Is there any way to ensure on getting a room with a patio. Does anyone know how many patios/balconies are available. Thank you!!

There are deluxe rooms with pool views and bay views, I have stayed in both. My favorite is a deluxe with a villa pool view with a patio. There are few rooms that offer balconies/patios and also smaller balconies (standing only). I think its something like 50 rooms total. If you are going at a slow time you stand a greater chance. Call ahead anyway to make sure the request is in your reservation. At check-in request it again. :) You may also want to put west wing as your location. I really dislike the east wing. Its far from everything. Just my personal opinion. Good Luck!

We are going the fist week of November, I do not know if that is a slow time or not as this is our 1st trip to Universal. Thank you for the advise. Does anyone know if there is a site on the internet with the layout of the hotel that shows west wing vs. east wing. I can't seem to find much on the Universal or Loewes site. Thank you Candy

You can find a hotel map here

I think you will be fine for early november. Scroll down to the bottom index of the map page and you will see the Guest Wings labeled.

We just went through this...checked in, had a deluxe room reserved...and hubby/daughter wanted the bay view...so, like idiots, we took the downgrade...went to the bay view room.

It was excellent...I prefer the deluxe room with the walk in shower...but, hubby and daughter were thrilled with the bay view room.

I went on www.yourmagicaljourneys.com and saw some pictures of a deluxe room (very nice!!) In the pictures there was one of a terrace outside of the room. It was HUGE!!! There was a full size table extra lounge chairs and regular chairs. Does anyone know if some of the deluxe rooms have a terrace and how you get lucky enough to receive one this nice? Thank you!!!

colemonster, I'm sorry to say that is the Governatore or Presidente Suites terrace. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter