BCV or AKV in early December?

DisneyMotherOf2

Mouseketeer
This will be our first trip at Christmas time and we are so excited to see all the decorations! We have our reservations booked for the first week in December at BCV. We're debating about switching to AKV. I realize its all a matter of preference and that VWL is touted as the best for the tree but we stayed there on our last trip and want something different. Which resort do you prefer at Christmas time? Any opinions are welcomed. :). Thanks!

This will be our first trip at Christmas time and we are so excited to see all the decorations! We have our reservations booked for the first week in December at BCV. We're debating about switching to AKV. I realize its all a matter of preference and that VWL is touted as the best for the tree but we stayed there on our last trip and want something different. Which resort do you prefer at Christmas time? Any opinions are welcomed. :). Thanks!

I would keep BCV. You would have easy access to watching Illuminations with the holiday ending every night and if you do Candlelight Processional you would have fast access to that as well.

I am an AKV fan but I think I would agree with the above favoring BCV, particularly to be close to the parks and have easy access to the Candlelight Processional and the ability to see Christmas decorations at any of the Epcot resorts and the two nearby parks. AKV does get decked out well, Jambo more so than Kidani. so AKV would be a good choice too but I would still probably stick with the Epcot resort if you already have it.

Also, you should not assume it will necessarily be easy to switch to AKV for the first week of December. You may be able to get all the nights you need but you might not. That first week of Dec is the highest DVC demand week of the year and actually a time where the exists a real risk of not getting what you want at AKV at 7 months out even when seeking standard or savanna view, which are otherwise almost always available at 7 months out.

BWV and VWL are our preferred December resorts. AKV is our preferred January resort.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Also, you should not assume it will necessarily be easy to switch to AKV for the first week of December. You may be able to get all the nights you need but you might not. That first week of Dec is the highest DVC demand week of the year and actually a time where the exists a real risk of not getting what you want at AKV at 7 months out even when seeking standard or savanna view, which are otherwise almost always available at 7 months out.

We stayed at AKV the first week of Dec 2012. We own at AKV. We decided to go about 9-10 months before arrival. For 12/1-12/8, there were already days missing for studios at Jambo. We booked a Kidani studio, but by 8 months out there was spotty availability for studios at both. There was definitely not 8 nights in a row.

We loved Kidani for the holidays, but would have preferred one of the Epcot or MK resorts. I didn't WL since we were a little tight on points. It would have been nice to walk back from CP in the evening.

Thanks everyone! To be honest we don't know much about candle light processional. I'll have to look into it. Any info or experiences anyone wants to mention would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We stayed at Kidani on our last trip in November.
Here is the thing about AKV, it's a 20-30 minute bus trip to everywhere. :thumbsup2 If you stay at Kidani there is no quick service only sit down meals, unless you take the shuttle van over to Jambo and back. (The lobby store is also much smaller than Jambo's ) And unless you brew your coffee in your room the only place to get a cup is in the lobby store.

:offtopic: I get up earlyish (6:00), even on vacations, but nothing is open that early, so I have to sit around an hour or two waiting for a decent cup of coffee.:furious:

Don't get me wrong, I love AKV and it has perks, it is nice since I usually get up before anyone else to be able to go downstairs and watch the animals, but the it has some annoying limitations.

Consider BCV, close Epcot and HS. (I'm a bit biased on the location since BW is our home resort.) But it has great location, options for food and entertainment outside the parks. Don't forget to see the Osborne Family lights at HS, if you want to see Christmas decorations you don't want to miss that.

AKV are great but having been there once I'm not sure it would be on the top of my list to go back to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter