BCV Sofa Beds

glewis1123

<font color=blue>The Tag Fairy says hi to Glenda a
Hi

When we were at BCV 2 years ago our son slept on the sofabed and was poked by the metal springs through the mattresses. Several calls to housekeeping never corrected the problem.

We will be arriving at BCV on June 14th and once again my son will have the sofa bed.

Have the mattresses improved any since then or should I stop and buy a cheap eggcrate to add to it?

Thanks all

We had the new design in both sleepers in our 2BR in May. They are a huge improvement. We were on the first floor but I've seen many reports about them so hopefully the new design is on all floors now.

There is no bar now!:cool1:

Thanks for that news. I think I might still pack the air mattress just in case.

Thank you.

Last year we faced the same problem. The sofabed was pretty uncomfortable for our 2 DS's. When we called housekeeping they brought over a full mattress to put on the bed...our kids say that it felt like a regular bed. The only thing was that it had to be taken off each time and leaned against a wall(not an easy thing in a studio). Hopefully they have replaced the sofabeds with the new models so that it won't be a problem. When we were at SSR the boys again saw the sofabed and said "Oh, No". Housekeeping brought over a brand new...wrapped in plastic eggcrate. They really didn't need the eggcrate because the very next time that we were at SSR they said that the sofabed was comfortable without an eggcrate.

We just checked in today. The sleeper sofa in the living room is the newer type and my son says it is comfortable.

How do you know it is the new type? Is the Sofa different or just the mattress?:confused3

You are THERE right now! SO envious! Say hi to Art for me! :flower3:

It's a completely new design. There is a strap at the top of the back of the sofa. You pull it and the sofa unfolds from there. No cushions to remove.

Cool, thanks for the reply....they have been working on these replacements for some time. I remember last summer wondering if we would have one.

It's a completely new design. There is a strap at the top of the back of the sofa. You pull it and the sofa unfolds from there. No cushions to remove.

Thanks for the info. We are there in August. This sounds like the same sofabed in the studio at BWV last month. While the bed is comfortable, the sofa was hard as a rock when closed.

Thanks for the info. We are there in August. This sounds like the same sofabed in the studio at BWV last month. While the bed is comfortable, the sofa was hard as a rock when closed.
You have that right! The cushions don't cushion at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter