BCV Trip Report

BEACHCLUBVILLAS

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a 1BR at BCV between Sept 27 to Oct 5 celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time.

Our room was nice, clean and was not ready when we arrived but we were in by about 2pm. We took Magical Express. Getting there was perfect. We arrived at the airport, checked into Magical Express, got on the bus and left in about 5 min later. The bus stopped at 4 resorts and our stop was third. It was about 1.5 hours from touchdown to Beaches & Cream.

Housekeeping left us a few nice surprises throughout the trip. One day they tied a couple balloons with a Happy Anniversary note and another day the left a 8.5 X 11 paper with a nice note and such congratulating us with a couple dressed up towels with smiley faces. These were not on trash and towel days so they were stopping in to surprise us and it added a nice Disney touch.

The Marketplace is nice and the food looked good but we decided not to take advantage of it because one thing irritated us so it turned us off. They sell a single Corona for $5.50. Not that we are big drinkers but we do love cocktail hour on our deck. If we pay that much, we want it delivered to our table, opened with a lime. We chuckled at the ridiculousness of it and other people there were also commenting “well I guess we won’t be drinking this week”. I never saw anyone buy it. Then we noticed BW, Poly and YC all sold a single Corona’s for $2.25 or $10.80 for a six pack. We bought a six pack and brought it back with us. Not sure why BC was over twice the others but it rubbed us the wrong way and we decided they were price gouging even by Disney standards so we staged our own private boycott and didn’t buy anything from the food counter at the Marketplace. We are not suggesting anyone else do the same. If I get a survey on my stay, I’ll mention it to Disney then.

The parks were crowded. We have been going in the Sept/Oct timeframe for years and feel the secret is out. We remember when there were no crowds and beautiful weather. I think Disney is experiencing a full recovery. There were some Disney workers picketing that made the news that made us feel bad. They accused Disney of hiring lower wage part time workers so they don’t have to pay full time benefits.

The Food and Wine Festival was fantastic. We kept going back to get the Spanikopitta from Greece and sampling the wine.

The ride back on Magical Express wasn’t as magical. We used JetBlue, a participating airline, and for some reason they checked us in at the BC but couldn’t print the boarding passes. We then checked in at the airport but it showed we checked in already and had 5 bags so that took some convincing that we unsuccessfully checked in at the BC and we only have 3 bags. Plus, the bus was late, we did a lot of waiting both on and off the bus, then the gates didn’t open to BW so they changed routes, and with the added time on the bus some poor little girl got sick. We haven’t decided if we’d use Magical Express again.

Oh, and at one of the Kiosts a guide said “ Think Big” for the next :banana: announcement

BEACHCLUBVILLAS said:
Oh, and at one of the Kiosts a guide said “ Think Big” for the next :banana: announcement
Hmmm, that sounds intriguing!!

Glad to hear you had a great anniversary trip. Thanks for the excellent trip report! :sunny:

BEACHCLUBVILLAS said:

Oh No! We're thinking BIG again!!! Actually.... yea!

Thanks for the report. It's nice to see that mousekeeping was thinking of you during your stay!

"Think Big".......so when should we start thinking???? I want it now!! ;)

Rozzie said:
"Think Big".......so when should we start thinking???? I want it now!! ;)

I asked when and the guideaid at the next big Member Meeting. I asked when that would be and the guide didn't know. I asked if it was the CRV announcement and the guide said no, think big. It was vague and we tossed it around that night. My DH said..it must be a villa inside a park. :rotfl: maybe near Big Thunder Mountain. :Pinkbounc

BEACHCLUBVILLAS said:
I asked when and the guideaid at the next big Member Meeting. I asked when that would be and the guide didn't know. I asked if it was the CRV announcement and the guide said no, think big. QUOTE]

Hummm... The annual meetings start the end of Nov., BUT he didn't know that??? The last time we tossed around 'Thinking Big', Colorado and Hawaii were considered prime contenders. How long ago was that?? Haven't heard anything about Colorado since but every once in awhile a little tease about Hawaii comes up.

Big Sky Montana

Big Island of Hawaii

Texas??

Any other guesses?

Goldi

Thanks for the report. Sounds like BCV is as good as ever. :sunny:

Were the prices for other brands of beer as out of line? Maybe someone just mislabeled the single coronas?

We had a similar thing happen to us with boarding passes. For some reason, the guys at the airline checkin thought they couldn't check my DH and DD in although they were able to do so for our son and me. When we got to the airport, the United system showed that we were all checked in. :confused3 The United clerk told my DH that this kind of thing had been happening. This was in May however.

BCV23 said:
Thanks for the report. Sounds like BCV is as good as ever. :sunny:

Were the prices for other brands of beer as out of line? Maybe someone just mislabeled the single coronas?

All the single beers in a bottle were the same price. I don't remember what other brands they sold because we were interested in the Corona's but I do remember that they were all the same. I also remember when SSR opened, folks were surprised by the prices in their store and someone said the resort can set the price for items. That's why we personally held the marketplace responsible for the over-pricing.

Wow, I would too at least when it comes to beer. That is really out of line. You can get a nice chilled schooner in Crew's Cup served to you for some similar price.

I remember reading that about SSRs prices too. Have they improved do you know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter