Be Our Guest lunch - a disappointment

Lizgistix

resorts fan
I really wanted to be blown away by Be Our Guest and while I was blown away by the decor and ambience, the food didn't blow me away until dessert.
They are doing the dinner menu (and prices) for lunch so I chose:
Lobster bisque
Prime rib
and the dessert trio comes standard

First, the lobster bisque: so much plate, so little soup.
Just go to Coral Reef and get their lobster bisque. It's so much better than this.

Next was the prime rib: which was cooked nicely but the serving size was a little lacking. The sides were okay.

And then the dessert trio:
The lemon raspberry macaron was lovely. The top and bottom were soft. The raspberry filling was delightful.
The grey stuff was, of course, great. I was told Chip is made out of chocolate and could be eaten as well. I apologized the entire time to Chip while I was eating him. Fun fact: they break off a little piece so Chip does indeed have a chip.
The chocolate truffle was amazing!

The meal also came with french bread and a mickey logo made out of butter. Cute!

But yeah, I'm not sure I would go back. The castle itself was beautiful but the west wing is really dark. Thank goodness the menu was on my phone or I would have had trouble reading it. :eek:

Breakfast and lunch seem to get the worst reviews maybe go back and try dinner and see how it compares

They were doing the dinner menu during lunch. It was the $60 package where you choose an appetizer and a main course and then the dessert trio comes automatically.

Did any characters come through the room while you were there for lunch. We have a lunch reservation for next week but are thinking about dong something else instead.

I have to agree with OP, Be Our Guest is not worth the price for the food. Most especially for kids! DH and I also got the lobster bisque and it was sad, just plain sad. Tasted like campbell's condensed tomato soup with some extra ingredients thrown in. Now, the scallops with rissoto were very good, but the portions overall are so small and it was in no way $60+ per plate good.

I have to agree with OP, Be Our Guest is not worth the price for the food. Most especially for kids! DH and I also got the lobster bisque and it was sad, just plain sad. Tasted like campbell's condensed tomato soup with some extra ingredients thrown in. Now, the scallops with rissoto were very good, but the portions overall are so small and it was in no way $60+ per plate good.
Thanks — you’re making my decision very easy.

We ate at BOG for dinner last week and it wasn’t great. The French onion soup was tasteless, the main course was very salty and the portions minuscule (the filet mignon size was ok but there were literally 5 green beans and 3 spoons-worth of mashed potatoes on my plate). The only redeeming thing was the dessert. The macaron was delicious! Plus we were in the dark room, which just added to the disappointment. We definitely won’t be back until something changes. Sad, because this used to be our favorite restaurant!

We had a nice Dinner there in Oct. our server was super nice-she was from Hop de do. Bisque tasted like a squash bisque-my only negative. I got the scallops so yummy, Dessert was good we got a late ADR so the park was super empty when we left.

Our lunch there in December 2019 was decent, but the place was so crowded and hectic that it was not an enjoyable experience. We had to walk around for several minutes to find three seats together. I imagine that is no longer a problem given the current times, but once things get back to normal Disney will need to find a way to make the experience there less of a free-for-all.

Our lunch there in December 2019 was decent, but the place was so crowded and hectic that it was not an enjoyable experience. We had to walk around for several minutes to find three seats together. I imagine that is no longer a problem given the current times, but once things get back to normal Disney will need to find a way to make the experience there less of a free-for-all.
The wait staff seats you now since lunch is no longer a quick service. All meals are the TS dinner options now.

We did a breakfast with a large group. It was Expensive tho food was good, it wasn’t great.
Lunch was over priced, small portioned and over salted and I’d pass on it in the future
I’d like to try dinner.
Love the atmosphere, ambiance and the theming!

We also were disappointed in BOG. The service was great, but the food was very salty and just ho hum for the price. I didn't think it was going to be the case, but CRT was much better!

Sorry to see the less than enthusiastic reviews. We have dinner reservations next week. I'm considering canceling, but our reservation is at 7:55, so we'll be done quite a bit after the park closing time and that might be something fun and different for the trip .

We were there last week, celebrating my daughter's birthday. While it was not cheap, my family thoroughly enjoyed there meals. I thought the French Onion soup was good, and my scallops and risotto was amazing. My family thought the same about there food as well.

I was pleasantly surprised at my meal last November. I went into it knowing that I was a picky eater and didn't like anything on the dinner menu but my cousin really wanted to eat there and I wanted the dessert and Beast character experience.

I don't remember what I said, or how I ordered my food, but our waitress noticed I was not excited about my choice after she asked me a couple of questions offered modify my meal to something I would prefer more.

It ended up being one of my favorite meals of the trip because of how concerned our waitress was that I enjoyed the meal.

We've had many memorable meals at BOG over the years. The decor is brilliant.

First time we didn't even have an ADR, got in line at 10:20a for lunch. French Dip platter was $12... the Stew and Nicoise salad were also delicious and very reasonably priced. Next lunch (following year) that same sandwich was $16 or $17 and all the prices rose similarly. Still fair, we went back many times for lunch over the years, always starting with the awesome French Onion soup. Dinner on DDP was great (before it turned 2 credit Signature) and we even got to meet Beast. Last year we tried the $30 breakfast on DDP using QS credit, an absolute bargain really (also included a free mimosa) :) I would've even paid OOP after the experience but it's gone now.

The new BoG lunch/dinner has lost our interest. Skipper or The Plaza is where we now go for TS in MK, or monorail options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter