Be Warned, It's True What They Say About Chef Mickey's

Haven't been since 2010 but when we went it was good breakfast food. I enjoyed it all and I hear more bad reviews about dinner than breakfast. Going to try Tusker House for dinner this fall for ROL package but not gonna lie- not a big buffet for dinner kind of family- always do brunch - The Borgota brunch buffet in AC is excellent I feel chef mickeys is in between that and an old country buffet - do it for breakfast don't have to eat tip dinner and you get characters out of the way. I give Thumbs up for CM- I will check back in November

I guess we are the exception, we really like Chef Mickeys. The food was just buffet food nothing special but I thought the characters were phenomenal! They spent so much time with my kids and I got great video of my daughter dancing with Minnie! We will be going back this November on Thanksgiving day. I'm excited to see if they do anything different for the holiday!

Our family loved it, but then again, we are breakfast lovers! I get that it's dark and loud, that's what happens when you have a monorail going over your heads! :)

But I am dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing to know what all these haters were expecting. It's a buffet. It is such a popular place that it's almost always overflowing with patrons. It has the Fab 5 so lots of people trying to get their Characters checklist taken care of! Plus you have hundreds of people who are eating at CM's because... "they can't afford Contemporary's resort prices but we can monorail over there! Partial dream fulfillment!"

They have coffee and bacon. Okay .... 99% of my family's NEEDS have been taken care of for breakfast. ;)

Ok, I have always loved Chef Mickeys, and it has always been our first night tradition to start the trip off with dinner here, but this past trip was horrible. We got there at 5:00 for our 5:15 reservation, so food should have been hot and delicious, but it was cold and dry. The chicken nuggets were inedible and there was no more Mickey ravioli which I was pretty bummed about. There really wasn't much on the buffet that we wanted to eat. The restaurant was about half filled but it took the characters over an hour to get around to us. I'm bummed because it was such a great tradition, but I don't want to waste a dining credit on it.

We went for lunch last September with our group of 13 people aged 7-70. Everybody really enjoyed it. Even my BIL who WILL let you know if he does not approve. LOL.

We've had great times there and tried to go every trip. Twice we had bad experiences. The last time we were there, we were seated near a large group that consisted of 3 drunk couples and their unruly children. They ruined our experience, but it wasn't the restaurant's fault.

We've been lucky at Chef Mickey's, but maybe because we go in with our expectations really low. It's buffet good. I agree that the food at Tusker House is much better. I've booked both for our upcoming trip.

The one I don't get is Crystal Palace. We had dinner there, and it was awful. They didn't have the selection of CM or TH, and what they did have was mediocre at best. So I guess CP is our CM!

Have to agree, we did not love our experience at Chef Mickeys. Food was OK but the server mixed my receipt / dining plan entitlements with someone else's (it was our last day and it showed us having 16 TS credit left...) so I pointed this out. Well she then took our last 2 TS credits, processing it again, even though she had already taken our breakfast credits off and given that receipt to someone else.

Lesson learned - keep your mouth shut if you think they switched receipts and you are on dining plan. :(

We have ate there before, and will eat there again next week. We go there fore breakfast, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I found the food pretty good. But I am not a picky eater by no means.

We have been there 3 times in the last 8 years for dinner, but not since 2013. Food has always been "Golden Corral" like to me, but nothing that was so bad that I could not find something to eat and enjoy. I'd love to see photos of what people say is "mystery meat" etc. Is it usually chaotic....sure. Could they do a better job of cleaning up the serving areas.....sure. Would it be great if parents did not allow their kids to run rampant and serve themselves......sure, but I don't find it that bad. For the record, never have paid directly OOP for this place, only when on DDP and my kids were smaller.

We did breakfast a few weeks ago. It was a one and done restaurant for us. I had read that it was Golden Coral comparable but I have eaten more at Golden Coral than I did there. The food wasn't completely inedible but it just wasn't good. The pastries were dry and tasteless and the eggs were not very good. The character interactions were the worst we experienced. The kids liked it but both my husband and myself said never agai .

Golden Corral can be quite enjoyable with the right mind set. Not CM.

We have been a couple times and survived, although barely the first time we ate there. We both got severely sick right after the meal. During the time it took to ride the monorail from our dinner to the MK... Once we got there we both spent the entire time switching off in the bathroom and watching the kids. We were afraid to get on the boat back to the Wilderness since it didn't have a bathroom. LOL

The last couple times were ok, not great but we didn't get sick!

Been there 4 times in the last 11 years food has always been O.K. its not Citrico's but then we were there for one thing---characters. I saved many park hours by going there and having them come to us and while the food is just OK a few dishes were good and I wasn't going for me anyways but the girl loves the place.

Last 2 trips we stayed at the CR and we have eaten breakfast, brunch and dinner. More so this last trip. Breakfast is good but the wave is much better. Dinner is great! Ribs are so tender and flavorful. Sliced ham is juicy, tuna yum! Never had a bad meal there and the kids love the characters.

Wow this thread is totally confusing. We are trying Chef Mickey for the first time this trip and it’s crazy how so many people can have totally opposite opinions?

I'll be staying at CR in October '18 with my DD(10). This seemed like it would be a good option for us to grab a buffet breakfast, since we're not huge breakfast eaters and it'd be easy to get to. I agree with the above poster, there are such contrasting opinions of this place! I'm sure we'll give it a shot, since it's just an elevator ride away!::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter