• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Chair rentals

Johtull12

Mouseketeer
Going to Aulani next month wondering if anyone knows where we cant rent beach chairs for a family of 5 for a week or two? Won't be spending much time at the resort so need something we can throw in the back of the car for day trips. I figure Costco/Target/ABC stores likely sells them but we won't be able to take them home so was hoping there was a rental option nearby.
Thx!

There are plenty of shops around the island for surf and snorkel rentals, but I've never seen any of them offer beach chairs. I think you'll need to buy them.

Going to Aulani next month wondering if anyone knows where we cant rent beach chairs for a family of 5 for a week or two? Won't be spending much time at the resort so need something we can throw in the back of the car for day trips. I figure Costco/Target/ABC stores likely sells them but we won't be able to take them home so was hoping there was a rental option nearby.
Thx!
YES! There is Hawaii Beach Time! Highly recommend them! Hotel pick up and drop off of beach gear.

AND THE BEST THING IS YOU DONT CONTRIBUTE TO THE WASTE THAT OTHERS DO WHEN THEY BUY NEW AND “pay it forward “ BY LEAVING IT FOR OTHERS IN THE ICE ROOM… WHERE DO PEOPLE THINK THESE THINGS END UP?? MAYBE TWO USES, MAYBE THREE IF LUCKY AND THEN THEY ARE IN THE GARBAGE.

Eventually they are trash - try to minimize your footprint on this gorgeous island by renting instead! It’s a good value with better quality and you can feel better about one less thing you did to impact the island. Even if it may cost the same or slightly more than the cheap stuff from Target or Costco. It’s worth it for your conscience!

They brought our stuff to our Waikiki hotel and picked it up from Aulani. Communication via text was smooth and they were right on time. Super easy!

https://hawaiibeachtime.com/

YES! There is Hawaii Beach Time! Highly recommend them! Hotel pick up and drop off of beach gear.

AND THE BEST THING IS YOU DONT CONTRIBUTE TO THE WASTE THAT OTHERS DO WHEN THEY BUY NEW AND “pay it forward “ BY LEAVING IT FOR OTHERS IN THE ICE ROOM… WHERE DO PEOPLE THINK THESE THINGS END UP?? MAYBE TWO USES, MAYBE THREE IF LUCKY AND THEN THEY ARE IN THE GARBAGE.

Eventually they are trash - try to minimize your footprint on this gorgeous island by renting instead! It’s a good value with better quality and you can feel better about one less thing you did to impact the island. Even if it may cost the same or slightly more than the cheap stuff from Target or Costco. It’s worth it for your conscience!

They brought our stuff to our Waikiki hotel and picked it up from Aulani. Communication via text was smooth and they were right on time. Super easy!

This is a really cool idea. We are taking our first trip to aulani in a few weeks and I don’t want to ride before dawn to get a chair. Does anybody know if you can use these beach chairs by the waters edge at the ocean at Aulani or if there are any rules against them?

This is a really cool idea. We are taking our first trip to aulani in a few weeks and I don’t want to ride before dawn to get a chair. Does anybody know if you can use these beach chairs by the waters edge at the ocean at Aulani or if there are any rules against them?

“Beach chairs and umbrellas: complimentary for Aulani Resort Guests

Beachside casabella (2-seat lounger with awning): $80 per day (same-day reservations available on a first-come, first-served basis for use between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM)

Please note: Advance reservations are not available. All beach equipment must stay in lagoon area. “

https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/aulani-beach/makiki-joes/

Do check https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/ because there's a lot of free stuff.

“Beach chairs and umbrellas: complimentary for Aulani Resort Guests

Beachside casabella (2-seat lounger with awning): $80 per day (same-day reservations available on a first-come, first-served basis for use between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM)

Please note: Advance reservations are not available. All beach equipment must stay in lagoon area. “

https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/aulani-beach/makiki-joes/

Do check https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/ because there's a lot of free stuff.
Thanks— we have a lot of stuff booked. I would be thrilled to pay $80 for a casabella on the beach a couple days, but I’m wondering what time I actually need to get down there to make it happen. Is 7:30AM early enough or is it like ropedrop where some people will be there 2-3 hours in advance?

All beaches in HI are public so yes, you could use rented chairs left of the Aulani chairs on the lagoon where most general public hang out. However Aulani provides chairs and umbrellas at the beach as well as their pools. In July 2022 I noticed beach chairs were generally available/not all used. Pool were harder to snag.

We rented from HBT, not to use gear at Aulani, but because we wanted gear for the days we drove our jeep around the island and stopped at the various beaches. We no longer find our beach towel/blanket to provide adequate comfort to sit very long so wanted good chairs to best enjoy Kailua, Lanikai, Hanauma Bay and Waimaia beaches for our outings. As well as boogie boards for the waves at some spots and snorkeling gear for the Bay.

It was awesome to have the gear and keep in the vehicle so we could use if needed when we came across a beach to check out on our drives around the island.

All beaches in HI are public so yes, you could use rented chairs left of the Aulani chairs on the lagoon where most general public hang out. However Aulani provides chairs and umbrellas at the beach as well as their pools. In July 2022 I noticed beach chairs were generally available/not all used. Pool were harder to snag.

We rented from HBT, not to use gear at Aulani, but because we wanted gear for the days we drove our jeep around the island and stopped at the various beaches. We no longer find our beach towel/blanket to provide adequate comfort to sit very long so wanted good chairs to best enjoy Kailua, Lanikai, Hanauma Bay and Waimaia beaches for our outings. As well as boogie boards for the waves at some spots and snorkeling gear for the Bay.

It was awesome to have the gear and keep in the vehicle so we could use if needed when we came across a beach to check out on our drives around the island.
Thank you for the additional information. I haven’t decided yet how much time we will spend driving around the island, but we are going on a very busy week and we do like to avoid crowds.

I see there is a beach called “secret beach” just up the lagoons, do you know if it’s calm there?

Thank you! Leaving soon and don't anticipate spending too many of our days at the actual resort during the day. Great suggestion, really appreciate it!

I bought a folding camp chair at Walmart for $10ish in September. I got the idea after seeing others using them. I used it during our days at Waikiki.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter