Beach club villas studio

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
Hi -- just rented DVC points for a stay at BCV in December. I have a question for anyone who has stayed there. Is there a particular room to request -- section of hotel -- area? Also, what are the sofa beds like? My daughter has a bad back and always seems to get the crap sofa bed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

We like a high floor, because I don't like hearing the pounding feet above me. DS says that the sofa beds are comfortable, but he is also comfortable sleeping on the ground when camping, so you need to consider the source. ;)

BCV is my home resort and I will say this... It needs help. It needs to be renovated badly. The resort itself is outstanding. The rooms and hallways need attention.

To be honest, the last time I was there in February, both the regular bed and the sofa bed were awful. I'm sure this is luck of the draw, but most of the beds are probably needing to be replaced with a fresh mattress.

Anyway, the resort is beautiful, I just wish they'd renovate the rooms.

I totally agree with pp. I love the resort but the rooms do need a much needed update. Also I wish the QS selections could also be improved!! For a deluxe resort I think the variety for breakfast and lunch can definitely be improved!

Agree with Amy verbatim. I think this was the one and only WDW bed that I didn't absolutely fall in love with. They were doing new carpet tests last September so maybe a redecorate is in the works.

I also agree with Amy. Help in a number of areas is called for. If there was one complaint last year for our large family trip to bcv....it was the sleeper sofa. Kids ARE getting a bit older....but even as a youngster my son was miserable on it. (he's fine camping in a tent). I hope you experience is different. Also had a broken door lock on our bathroom, and to the balcony slider. Issues were responded to, but the workman did not have all the right parts....took a couple of days. I hope Disney does the right thing with our generous dues!

Thanks for all the great info and comments. After what's been said and what I've read on a couple of sites, we switched our request to Old Key West. We've stayed at Saratoga Springs but wanted a resort with two beds. I feel very good about our decision and know it will save wear and tear on my daughter's back. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter