BeaverTails may be returning to Walt Disney World at Disney Springs

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
The annual IAAPA Attractions Expo made a big splash in Orlando last week with numerous high-profile announcements, including new details of attractions on I-Drive and at SeaWorld Orlando, but one of the biggest rumors of the week was the possible return of BeaverTails to Walt Disney World.

The fried dough topped with sweets is a Canadian delicacy. At one time it was one of the must-have snacks at Epcot, where a small kiosk in the Canadian pavilion consistently drew long lines. But the booth closed abruptly in 2004 and with it, the only place in Central Florida to purchase the famed Canadian pastry. Countless petitions, protests, and letters did no good bringing the treat back to Walt Disney World.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...y-world-might-return-after-more-than-a-decade

Interesting, thanks for sharing

I actually never had one. Maybe some day

I make sure to have a Beaver Tail whenever I'm in Banff. (Sadly, that's not very often.)

Oooooh, what exciting news! Funny thing I was just at Epcot last week and mentioned these to my 9 year old. Definitely miss them.

We had real Beaver Tails in Vancouver, Canada this past summer. I was like... how good can they be? OH. MY. GOODNESS! They were the epitome of deliciousness! I would be planning a trip to Epcot just for them if they ever came back! :love:

Wow ok Ahem dumb American here:-)
Is this real beaver tails like in a puff pastry ? Taste like chicken? Lol
Kerri

Wow ok Ahem dumb American here:-)
Is this real beaver tails like in a puff pastry ? Taste like chicken? Lol
Kerri

LOL. They are deep fried pastry where they flatten the dough into kind of a beaver tail shape. They are similar to a zeppoli or beignet.

I actually got on the boards today only to search "beaver tails"! I think back on these so lovingly, and can never find them in the parks, so was beginning to think I dreamed the whole thing up.

My favourite treat! I prefer the original one (cinnamon sugar and lemon juice) but my kids love the one with maple butter on top!

SO it basically what we here in SC call elephant ears.. lol they are very popular at fairs and such..

SO it basically what we here in SC call elephant ears.. lol they are very popular at fairs and such..
Elephant ears don't have toppings. We have elephant ears in the east too. Honestly, I'd prefer them to one covered in extra sugary toppings LOL.

Odd that they would return to WDW by parking them at DS instead of the Canada Pavilion. Seems like they would get lost in the sheer volume of food choices at DS, and would be undermined by the fact that so many people are going there for full meals. Whereas at Epcot, "snacking" is a full contact sport.

In my memory (and it's been a while) what made these unique is that for the "original" (no toppings), they squeeze lemon onto just before serving. I've never had an elephant ear, funnel cake, churro or any other fried dough treat with that combo. It doesn't even sound good, but it was AMAZING.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter