Beds??

Madame

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We returned last week from a Christmas cruise on the Wonder (our first cruise) & are now considering RC for our next cruise - I think our kids (currently 7.5, 5.5 & 5.5) would enjoy the Dreamworks experience.

I've been looking at Freedom & Liberty & notice that the beds seem to be kings which split into 2 twins?

I have back problems & am barely able to move this week because of the bed situation on the Wonder (morning #3 I could barely move my neck & I knew I was in trouble - I always migrate towards the middle of the bed & ended up right between the 2 mattresses). I should have just slept on the fold-down couch, but didn't think it would end up this bad :(

Is this the bed situation on all RCI ships in all stateroom categories? I'm just a little overwhelmed with all the ships & categories (plus the fact that as a family of 5 we'd prefer 2 connecting staterooms - pretty sure you can't even price out 1 room for 5 on-line).

Thanks in advance!

You have to call for the pricing for the rooms for five. We didn't have any trouble with the bed that I can recall on rccl. I'm pretty sure they will bring you an egg crate if you ask the stateroom host. Hope you feel better!

I'm not sure if all categories are the same. But our family of 5 stayed in a family oceanview room on FOS (it sleeps up to 6) I do believe the queen bed was two beds put together, but it did have an egg crate mattress on top so I don't ever remember feeling the middle, or any gap in the beds. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the replies! I am still out of commission (a serious bummer as I'm due to leave for Québec City with 50 students - a 13 hour drive - on Wed morning).

Are the Queen/King beds on all cruise lines split?

We are just off the Magic on Dec 28th and loved the beds. Ours was not split and I understand none of them on the ship are. The pillows were the best too

Thanks for the replies! I am still out of commission (a serious bummer as I'm due to leave for Québec City with 50 students - a 13 hour drive - on Wed morning).

Are the Queen/King beds on all cruise lines split?

Yes, the queen/king beds on most cruise lines split.

Yes, I think on most ships they split. Not on the Dream though.
Why don't u try one night and if it feels bad, ask them to split the beds from then on?

We are leaving Freedom today and it was a king bed that split into twins. We had a D1 balcony. They bed was incredibly comfy!!! I didn't notice the split at all and I did notice it on the Wonder last week. I slept much better than on the Dream or the Fantasy simply because me and DH are used to a king bed and the non-splittable beds are just too small for us.

Thanks everyone. I know that the Wonder beds are being changed soon - I found the split really noticable - as did my back!! I had read about tve split beds, but had forgotten until we were onboard.

We probably just had the bad luck to hit a bed that was in need of being changed out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter