Best arrival day resatuarant?

mketting

Mrs. Incredible
What would be the best place for our first dinner to get us in the disney frame of mind.

We are staying at Pop and will check in as early as possible. My children are ages 5 and 7.

Chef Mickey at CR sounds like a good choice for your age kids. Or O'Hana's at Poly. If you get the right time you can view the fireworks from MK along with the music etc during your dinner at O'Hanna's.

But to eat with the Characters try Chef Mickey's.

Another vote for Chef Mickey's! We stayed to watch the fireworks and had a hard time getting back to our resort (ASMo) afterward, won't go that late again.

Chef Mickey's is our new 1st night tradition as well. We just loved it! Another fun idea is going over to FW & eating at Trails End & then going to the hayride, campfire sing-a-long and movie.

Absolutely Chek Mickey's......
Nothing like twirling your napkin to get you in the mood.....

Chef mickey is a great choice. If you have a girl in your group 1900 Park Faire @ GF With Cinderella is a good choice also. Don't forget to ride the monorail. Around at least once & if you have the time ride the EPCOT loop too.

Kae

Another vote for Chef Mickey's! Always our first nights meal. If we arrive too late (which seems to be the case lately) we go on our first full day for dinner.

We have done Chef Mickey's in the past. This year, we are throwing caution to the wind and doing the Hoop Dee Doo. That may be a good fun choice as well.

Have Fun,
Bruce ::MickeyMo

I have to also agree........Chef Mickey's for dinner....it's always a must for us!! We also start out our dining with lunch at the Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom!! It makes for a great start!!

:sunny:

Your kids will love it! I know some people knock the food, but we've done dinner there on our first night both times we've gone and haven't been disappointed. The atmosphere is great and they get that all important up close and personal with Mickey and the gang right away. Enjoy!

Thanks so much.

I have been to disney many times over the last 25 years but this will be the first time I have ever stayed at a Disney resort. Any other suggestions would be great.

I think every family has its own traditions. Ours is to make a first night--and last night--PS for BOMA at AKL. We get to AKL early to tour the resort and gawk at the animals (or perhaps it's the other way around! ;) )

Some find BOMA's menu somewhat exotic, but there are plenty of choices for everyone.

AKL is a great resort to visit, but we find we didn't enjoy staying there as much as at other Disney resorts. This gives us the best of all worlds.

Bruce (Whose wife is taking him to Disney World for his birthday a week from Sunday! :hyper: )

We had PS at Ohanas. This was wonderful. Definetly put us all in vacation mood. DS and DD loved coconut race. Also the music for wishes is piped in so it is wonderful to see fireworks from this restaurant.
If you like them these pina colada's are fantastic!!!!!!!!!::MinnieMo

Now I just can't decide. We will definitely have to do both Ohana's and Chef Mickey.

Is lunch as good as dinner, would one be better to go for lunch on another day?

I would have to say that our new tradition is having dinner in the castle the first night we are in Disneyworld. Their is something about the way the castle looks at night that gets me automatically in the mood for the rest of the trip.::MickeyMo

Another vote for CM!

Each year we almost always have our first dinner at Chef Mickey's. With a PS its a pretty easy dinner if you're staying on the monorail or if you have a car.

If you're not staying on the monorail then that PS is a great way to get close in parking to the MK.

Stay away from 1900 Park Fair your first night. Unless things have changed, this place is chronically overbooked, slow, and loud. By the time we got to eat there our nerves were shot. We arrived early for our PS and didn't get seated until over an hour after our PS time. We saw others suffering the same fate each night we were at the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter