Best Building for 2 bedroom at Hilton Head and room requests??

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
I posted this in the Resorts thread and it was suggested I move it over here :)

We will be taking our first trip to Hilton Head this fall and the map makes everything look so spread out! Are the buildings actually far apart or is it more like Vero and a very short walk from one end to the other?

My daughter is interested in wildlife viewing and I read that Building 31 is good for dolphin viewing. We plan on taking trips to the beach, fishing from the pier, swimming, and doing craft activities (pretty much everything!)

We are in a 2 bedroom unit and I would like 2nd floor. Where is the parking at HH and the trail to the beach?

Any recommendations on Buildings that would be a good fit for us?

THANK YOU!!

Any of the marsh front buildings will offer opportunity to view dolphins (we've seen them 'bubble-feeding' in groups around the inlet next to Buildings 11/13). The HH resort is very compact - about 200 yards from the main gate to the opposite end of the resort island. We have seen manatee, sea otters, mink, dolphin and a great variety of birds including Osprey and Bald Eagles at Hilton Head.

The resort provides a shuttle to the Beach House during the day. It is about a mile away with paved walkway to get there walking or biking. In season, there is also a free shuttle (the Palmetto Dunes Buggy) for locations within Palmetto Dunes including the DVC resort. The Dunes Buggy service may be used even after the resort shuttle has stopped for the day. You can call for a reservation at 1-843-689-4222. Their hours are 8am - 9pm and the service runs from late march into early September.

The recreation staff does offer ecology tours of the marsh and there are kayak tours which also allow for up-close encounters with the many dolphin make Hilton Head their habitat year-round. There are around 300 full-time dolphins with many more who migrate into the area during the summer months.

There is parking available near each building with luggage carts available and a parking garage beneath the Live Oak Lodge (Buildings 11/12) which is also the only building with elevator access to the upper floors.

Here is some information about HH from the DVC Resource Center including aerial views and map - https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-disney-vacation-club-resorts.3655410/#post-58627468 and some specific information about the resort views - https://www.disboards.com/threads/hh-resort-statistics.226883/

Have a great stay! :)

We just got back from HHI. We were in a 2-BR in Building 29. We've also been in a 2-BR in Building 31 before. We loved both of those buildings. My DS22 and DS20 love to fish, so those buildings provide easy access to the fishing pier. The disadvantage to those buildings is that they are the farthest away from the beach shuttle transportation and the bike path to the beach, but it's a super quick walk. The only other 2-BR we've stayed in is Building 28. It wasn't marsh view though, and we always had people in front of our balcony. I didn't like that too much. We've also stayed on the opposite side of the resort close to the shuttle, but that has been in studios. We've never stayed in Buildings 23-27, but I don't think I would like them because they are so close to the pool and I would fear it would be noisy. I like a quieter location. I would request top floor, marsh view and then add certain buildings. For example, I requested top floor, marsh view and then added Buildings 29 and 31. That way if Buildings 29 or 31 weren't available, hopefully they would still get me into a marsh view.

We were in building 27 during Spring Break. It was a little noisy with the shuffleboard location right there but the view was great. All of the buildings are really close. It is not as spread out as it looks.

We've been to HH a number of times, but only in Studios and 1 Bedrooms. I walked the resort thinking of where I'd request a 2 bedroom and my list would be: Bldgs 31, 29, and 27. They are way at the far end, but close enough to the pool. Great Marsh views.

That's only my opinion....

Thank you for the replies! The map makes the resort look so large and spread out! Is there anything at the lodge besides check-in and the gift shop?
I'm guessing most of the children's activities happen at Community Hall and around the pool area so I don't think we have a reason to be near the lodge.
Where is the refillable mug station and is it 24 hour or does it close early at 5 when the restaurant closes? Is there also a mug station at the beach house?

Thank you for the replies! The map makes the resort look so large and spread out! Is there anything at the lodge besides check-in and the gift shop?
I'm guessing most of the children's activities happen at Community Hall and around the pool area so I don't think we have a reason to be near the lodge.
Where is the refillable mug station and is it 24 hour or does it close early at 5 when the restaurant closes? Is there also a mug station at the beach house?
In the lodge is check-in, pool table, coffee/cookies. The gift shop is next to the quick service and community hall. There are some activities in the lodge but it is only a 5 minute walk or so from the pool area. The mug station is available 24 hours. I believe the one at the beach house is only available the same hours as the dining location.

We were in building 27 during Spring Break. It was a little noisy with the shuffleboard location right there but the view was great.
Interesting.I can see how that might be an issue. But does that stop when the sun goes down, or is the area lit until a certain time?

The noise went on after dark. It is sort of lit from the pool area so people were there.

In the lodge is check-in, pool table, coffee/cookies. The gift shop is next to the quick service and community hall. There are some activities in the lodge but it is only a 5 minute walk or so from the pool area. The mug station is available 24 hours. I believe the one at the beach house is only available the same hours as the dining location.

Thank you!! Is the mug station inside the quick service area? We stay at Vero once a year and their mug station closed when the restaurant did for the night--so 24 hours is a bonus!

Thank you!! Is the mug station inside the quick service area? We stay at Vero once a year and their mug station closed when the restaurant did for the night--so 24 hours is a bonus!
The quick service is a walk up window that is on the 2nd floor of the building by the pool that also has the gift shop and community hall. The drink station is also on the open deck of that floor so it is accessible 24 hours

ok so I just did our online check in ..the new system offers Marsh or Island view. No place to request bldgs. We are arriving very late on the 18th with a toddler only for 2 days. On our way up north for Thanksgiving and needed to use points before they expire

Have no idea where / what we'll get. Crossing fingers. I've seen pics and the place looks beautiful and peaceful

See you on the 18th! We'll arrive late on the 17th. We always get a 1 BR, so I'm not too familiar with locations of 2 BRs. However, from what I hear, you may want to hope for 2nd floor. First floor rooms can be very noisy with footsteps from above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter