BEST. DAY. EVER. May '17 w/Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby NEW 8/28 x2 THE END!!

chunkymonkey

DIS Veteran
BEST. DAY. EVER.
A May the Fourth, Flower and Garden, and all things good Trip Report
with
Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby!

65TmLN41SO9Q2XNfjVBEisjayMk7_BtfCh43bP46y4V39mJKAt1d04cwZ0wkN9_MTO3wEbWH5-1gqR5zRafCv0-fPLkVTT7489XV93prPF96I4qkVvQUXvEDoqwuI-JAJ1H1-sFZh0tb-uOJsyZh5GpmW8-erWdZsVjolXtvMnhregeKXCFwMSsi0jGaWBntReAc_p8lzCUwoTHPfK-grGbJ1JIoR69pKklv_CybrgB6cxjIs2Vt-tpJOEyXuehLjURbhd4iYQ1PCfY-evwDM0RC1GWISGtrtlBurSVPnYLRAbfvrRQjZ4803jWGj0TJkpEWS2ZcqK1Cep0W1XxiIjkO1VJcH-CgY5s-W5zrVJl4bpQ-QTvtjjL5jOelSJGQy0pudWlllONnxNjO4XtDZ_zxdulnaklejdOorIK_GgkBldRmXJRvyyLlZTMPltoDRL5AOyg91YzTmwcYaYdbhAV4_p6BzGvBR0W2kApkaR_n-nNFyjNWZ_ZaxH5j31N2ckuCUCJRE5mbe9KY6pjKH8Xlz7xlJymTwG-2USx4rX_6aiwYTznxv7UCv8OTxhf_4RnHjJQa277ZXiRhyEnP4j0ynEBiKdtoO48x0Mbwva4oVzwMFTTRNw=w750-h500-no

Pic from May the Fourth at DHS!

Hi Everyone! I am back with a new trip report. Our trip was from May 2nd to May 7th. We had a wonderful time...does each trip get better and better, or what? Well let me not jinx myself as we still have four more trips this year...I hope there's enough pixie dust to last until the end of the year. Ha ha. I know every day at Disney World can be considered a Best Day Ever, but I really did experience a BEST. DAY. EVER. Maybe you can guess which day it was or just read along and find out!

This TR will also cover a 2nd trip in May --> May 19-21st for the Pandora Annual Passholder preview. I am not sure I will have another best day ever then since it's such a short trip, but one can hope, right? :)

Introductions:

26KliERJ-ED1bhky1wfOoUnCAyzJBm-XNwR-bq-zlMjMuw90U_iqU6kiaDnSCbgiWzEQ_sRvLMc2LCGfppFXRA2xshfKyqXptJE3c-eIWAY4Ffwed46PExG0WrPN9gbQt1uQq6pPXEyvPFNL2JqW02iMSAwli-Wi9J8vESGL3VPhf9XCkPCom_JMO8gLhPIthruEvmyTkNwqhScYGaLdgVDdM6wGV0lH60o5u6mMcZEEGpKCwa9bMnfvDsJiezb2bj6NhxJ7oR7ZUw__ehit7KoBuTb3BTUt4CvhlsZQ8CFSsjIRdR7M9uwPunRMxiTsYYSCTbzS-0nA9Z7F96BnJV4yJPZeTuPX9JP6RMCe6Y80lZeIBDLeHbZn8Ge-6JCRqGagr_VNKZ0IGLpotoJ5-tLl23EznlIioaMpFqLiLV7m3E7MlXAU1lHlo9df9Mlj9HfAI6Oi1yVO6FioWD5rySZ_nvV6TaAOrFowxm819iiifYoddHzTz821FeAkgNz848ZBm7KG23qZ0M6QcpQcE9hGcR9AZpLT_8A7ryXzpyhDSt-9heDUsU2hqHi5qjQQwgk5pCI7hGItSkump_c_lafIPSyTYoHfJcS1FxBgSnoFdA7UrJGLDg=w750-h500-no

On the Right you have me: I'm Su-Lynn, aka Chunkymonkey! I'm a 41-year-old Disney-addict and have been to WDW many times as well as a few trips to Disneyland and even Tokyo Disneyland when I was very young. My favorite park is Epcot, my favorite characters change all the time but currently are Minnie, Belle, Donald, and Baymax. I love to eat and my favorite table service are Tiffin's and 'Ohana, and favorite counter service is Be Our Guest, although we didn't eat there at all on this trip. My favorite rides are 7DMT, Soarin', Peoplemover and BTMRR. I work in IT/Finance and we hail from the NY/NJ region.

On the Left you have my DH: Steve, aka Chubbyhubby. He's also 41 years old and although he won't admit it, he probably loves Disney as much as I do. He leaves all the planning to me and basically just hops on the plane and says, where's our itinerary? What a life. He loves Toy Story Mania and he'll even get up early for DHS EMH just so he can ride it multiple times (even without me). He also has a reverence for Gaston. I told him Gaston was a villain, but he claims he's just misunderstood. :rotfl:

Here he is fan-boying over Gaston:

6gJu_brA1F9_lp2hv5mFGepexHE8xawtYgtzS8hFS23mcng6ti8sZ8P1e9EchrmdZD7CjBptm1hHeZsz0oy8kzrBEWLoQZkqJRLuUh0VsHyOw0Lf-Am1JT9k0vo3mwk1H31LovQSY1ZjITBXnHM9oGfAtqUNz41t7fk9E2Pl7zHelQioe4F1RAQEglfYQ57pPdfW_ensIQADx0cHo4vPqHl-OQ9gyRgOwN60YgfbxdS8xvNsx-3YiqTvpCSrEDi-dzk8KUUUp4AycNXdN-LID_brwCazbelnxjZ3SvuvaR3JSBVThqj1camuBJ5Cgg_-a_oa85WM9O1CGi79dSrlwJKyHGMRpZKW-lAPN9fSVMNizZ2tWZs_OirX-4WNGkBFnpajX-nRR_7Oz8eES67iROPEIP1q6Ynaw9HUqsOBr0aca5fsdA5WeGnE4o7txVYZOpC6h_l11pcXPqSGnWmR-Xi16AGlOwSpKc_fVAyzsXRM9r0ZNEeitdZTDThpixWjgKqpH_iKraIZSW9PD5nG2FYnWYRYe613Th77IzPUWtZaJoBpP2jlH93Jc-8F1FwVxILnr7TBBe1u4bqlkUALZ5VSEbbvYt3cHld1WCkcEohu6K_pI0dn2A=w760-h506-no

On this trip, the third trip we are using our annual passes, we experienced May the 4th, enjoyed Epcot Flower and Garden, ate at a few new places (Trattoria Al Forno and Cape May Cafe to name a few), and stayed at the Boardwalk Villas using rented points for the first time. It was amazing and we loved the location!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hope you're in for my BEST. DAY. EVER. trip report!!

Last edited:
Following along and happy to put a face with a name after seeing you at Jock Lindsey's when I was there with Raeven!!

Not sure how I've missed your reports in the past, but I'm excited to read along and see how your week went in comparison to mine :-):-)

Following along and happy to put a face with a name after seeing you at Jock Lindsey's when I was there with Raeven!!

Not sure how I've missed your reports in the past, but I'm excited to read along and see how your week went in comparison to mine :-):-)

Same here! I just wrote on your TR! I'm excited to see how your solo week went too!
Yay for being first to post! :)

YAY!!! I'm here, and amazingly, I'm second! :eek: That never happens! :laughing:

I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures, from your farewell to Wishes to your fun on May the Fourth! :darth: :chewy:

Following along! I love all of your reports! Excited to read about your next adventure.popcorn::

Hi Su-Lynn! I'm here! Looking forward to hearing all about what sounds like a really amazing trip! You're only going to get started on this TR before you're back at WDW again! Woah!

Hope to see some pictures from the Boardwalk Villas - we are staying there for the 1st time end of May/beginning of June.

Love to read your trip reports :)

Looking forward to reading another TR from you! I always love following along on your adventures!

So jealous you were there for May the 4th - I've never been to Disney in April/May but I'd love to go for May the 4th and F&G which I've never attended.

Can't wait to read all about it!

Yay, yay, yay! This will help alleviate my pre-Disney obsessions a bit. I always start watching/reading everything Disney related even more than usual because I get so excited :P

favorite counter service is Be Our Guest, although we didn't eat there at all on this trip.

We aren't doing this on our trip either, and I don't quite know what to do with myself! We've eaten there at least once basically every trip since we first tried it. So yummy!

stayed at the Boardwalk Villas using rented points for the first time. It was amazing and we loved the location!

I have to say, Boardwalk is one of my favorites. It may just be that we've stayed there a few times now and it kind of feels like "home," but it's so convenient! And I just love the theming (and basically everything about it).

Can't wait to hear about your adventures :D

The craziest thing is that yours is the one TR where I can not see the pictures?! Why would that beeeee?!!!! Boo hoo. I even make sure I log in and I can't see them!

HI Su-Lynn! I enjoyed seeing all your pictures in FB so now I get to hear the details to go along with them :goodvibes You're making me jealous with your 4 more trips this year when I only have a measly 2 lol! Looking forward to reading more and to BOTH of us being back in the World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!