Best Day of Week for Newbies at Universal Studios in May?

dopeyeq

Earning My Ears
What would be the best day of the week to go to Universal Studios (we'll be there the second week in May). We are staying in DisneyWorld all week but plan to go to Universal for one day. We have a five and seven year old. Also, any idea on cab fare form DisneyWorld? We're staying at Carribbean Beach Resort.

Thanks for the info...Sunday and Monday won't work for us...what would be next best? Tues? Wed? THurs? Fri? Also, did you say 20 - 40 for cabfare depending on where in DW we are leaving from because that seems like a wide range. I checked Mears a while ago and remember thinking that they were expensive for this trip.

I gave that range because depending on the robber baron you get for a cab service, you can pay anywhere in that range, and I have!

If you cannot do Sun/Mon I guess the best next choice would be Tuesday. Just avoid IOA on Saturdays, it can be a zoo!

I overheard the doorman at the Holiday Inn give some good advice to a fellow traveler on my last Orlando visit-
Always know your basic directions and distances and then negotiate the fare before you get into the cab. The taxis in Orlando are mostly free agents and do not run on a meter.
Sure enough when the cab pulled up for this lady she asked how much to go to a place that I knew was not far away. The driver said 20, she countered with 8 and they settled on 10.
:jester:

As long as it's a weekday you're fine. Early May, before Memorial week-end, should be good. Sunday mornings are pretty neat too. Just say a prayer before a Hulk launch!
5 & 7 yr. olds will like Seuss and Jurassic play area best. Just my guess.
Have a good time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter