Best DVC pool for a toddler

lundve

DIS Veteran
Since I have only ever stayed at SSR with my son I was wondering which DVC resort has the best pool / play area offerings for a 2 1/2 year old. All opinions are appreciated.

I would say Stormalong Bay at the BC. There is a nice area for toddlers/babies that they can play in the sand and water.

I think you've found it at SSR. It has zero-entry, a small slide for little kids, and a splash area.

Storm-along Bay is too big for little kids (in my opinion). Too wandering, too crowded. I like to keep it simple when the kids are really small (5 and under).

Poly has a great pool, too, althoug it's not DVC. It also has a zero-entry option and a splash area. Come to think of it, Poly might be better, because there is a sandy beach right there for your little one to play on, plus the cafe is close-by.

OKW has a playground nearby and s cute kiddie-pool, but you feel disconnected from the rest of the area when you're there. The slide is enclosed so a toddler might not like it.

Wilderness Lodge is is nice, and there is a geyser that errupts every hour, but the slide might be too big for a toddler and the bathrooms are far.

I've only visited AKL pool, without using it, but it looks great for little ones.

We haven't stayed at Boardwalk yet, but that huge clown face on the pool gives me the creeps!

Hope this helps, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Susan

Stormalong Bay - my 2 year old spent the entire week practically at the little kids' slide (near the steps to the big waterslide there). It has a small pool for the adults to sit in with a lifeguard. My 2 year old loved it there. He did not enjoy the sand area like I thought he would. He preferred the slide area.

SAB by far IMHO. They zero entry sand area is about a foot deep and its in its own area away from everything else, and is the size a pool by itself. Makes it very enjoyable as the parent as well. Sitting in a cement zero entry doesn't even compare, especially since they can still fall and get scuffed up-in the sand they just get back up and keep going. As mentioned the area on the lake is another seperate and nice option with the kids slide.

SAB by far IMHO. They zero entry sand area is about a foot deep and its in its own area away from everything else, and is the size a pool by itself. Makes it very enjoyable as the parent as well. Sitting in a cement zero entry doesn't even compare, especially since they can still fall and get scuffed up-in the sand they just get back up and keep going. As mentioned the area on the lake is another seperate and nice option with the kids slide.

:thumbsup2

Our first trip was with our 2.25 yo daughter and she loved the sand bar area. It was great fun to sit in the 'sand' and wade in the shallow (1.5 ft) water. There is a play set and a small classic kiddie pool (1 ft) in the shade near by. There is also the smallish slide in the ship wreck and the beach area with loungers. Hurricane Hannah's does do table side service which is great if you are alone with the kids. Their kids meals come with a sand bucket for added fun.

I have often posted about the difficulties of taking children to SAB. BUT if you just have the one child at 2.5 years old, this pool is ideal (if they like sand).

My vote goes for SAM at BCV. My little ones enjoy digging in the sand more than the swiming, so the sand bottom area at SAM is great. I think the pool at SSR is also great for the toddler set. The zero entry,Donald fountains with the small water fall, and the kiddie slide were big hits on our last trip. There is also the new pool at the Grandstand with the spray park aspect.

Any zero entry pool is great with toddlers, as they can play in the shallow depths and move about as the wish. Any pool that is not zero entry just ends up being a lot of work for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter