Best first race, 2017?

webcreatrix

DIS Veteran
I am horribly out of shape, but just finished my first 5k and want to target a 10k or half for 2017. Any recommendations for a first runDisney race?

Princess Half? I'll be doing the Glass slipper Challenge which is the 10k and the half. I only started training in February...also completely out of shape.

Yeah, Princess would be your best option for the next race, but then kind of depends on what theme you like best & how soon you want to run it. Based on your signature of where've you stayed I'm assuming you're planning on WDW and not Disneyland. So if not Princess you could do Star Wars Darkside in April (although for a first runDisney race based on this years congestion might not be the way to go although my parents enjoyed it as their first) So, then the only other WDW one left would be Wine & Dine 2017, which might be too far out.

My cousin's first 5k was Princess this year and her first 10k will be Princess next year. It's a fine race to choose.

Personally, I like doing local 10ks because I like them more (I'm cynical and allergic to crowds of people stopping to take photos of themselves so RunDisney is hard for me though I keep doing it for some reason) and they are cheaper. I find the ones that give participant medals and do those. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter