Best Hotel option during COVID

johnkerryP

Mouseketeer
2 couples, one with a 5 year old. Originally we were going to book endless summer for the 2 bedroom suite - but now i'm not sure and tentatively booked 2 separate rooms at Hard Rock. I am mostly worried about space and hotel pool with the shortened hours at Endless Summer. Just feels too cramped for the mix of people, and the smaller-ish pool. only 4 night stay, so short - but the shortened park hours leave me leaning toward more hotel room + more appealing pool as its not "just a place to sleep" this time.

This is our first Universal stay - we usually go to Disney, stay deluxe and hop to Universal for one day. The other couple is all Universal, but more frugal than us in their hotels typically.

Any Thoughts? Am I overthinking this?

While the bus system employed by Universal to get you from the non-water taxi resorts is great (and in my opinion better than the Disney bus system), the buses will still drop you off out-side the Citywalk security check area. At times things can get chaotic and crowded with all the buses dropping people off, as well as, everyone driving in all coming together at that Citywalk security checkpoint. I much prefer the less crowded and calmer security checks you go through if you walk or take the water taxi from their Premier hotels (or SF as well.)

So if money is less of an issue (won't say not an issue ;)), then I think you will enjoy staying at the HRH better.

Thank you. I had not considered the security check point process.

Money is less of an issue - we were suppose to be going to Aulani for our 10 year wedding anniversary.. and this mini trip is basically a lift and shift of those travel funds for the year lol. The other couple is less motivated to spend money on accommodations, but they are relatives of ours and me and my husband both agreed we would rather treat them to a better experience out of our pockets, than to have a less enjoyable experience, especially with our kid in mind. The rates are so low right now anyway across all hotels. With a rambunctious 5 year old boy, I started to get anxiety thinking about staying in a small suite all together from 6pm-bedtime, and their pool seems like a small wading pool, so that was not that appealing either in comparison.

I thought about 2 rooms at cabana bay, but considering your thoughts on the security situation - i think ill just stick with what we have.

HRH will make this a much nicer trip all around. The EPs mean shorter lines for the rides. The proximity of HRH to the parks means that going back for a nap in the afternoon is easy to do. No waiting for a bus; just walk back when you are ready. And the nicer accommodations of the deluxe resorts (we've stayed at RPR and PBH, not not HRH yet) are a bonus...

We really love cabana bay and our four year old does too. Endless summer was nice, especially the room (suite) but the pool is lacking.
I say if money is not a concern, keep what you have. If you want to save a little go with cabana bay. The suites there are really nice too. And if you don’t mind walking, the 20 or so minute walk from there puts you out right by margaritaville and a seperate (less crowded ) security line

After my recent visit, I can certainly say that I would only stay at a premier resort right now if I were to visit again soon due to the Unlimited Express Pass benefit. Without single rider lines and with the attractions operating at reduced capacity, Express Pass is a huge benefit most days.

HRH is such a nice resort and the pool is incredibly relaxing, I really don't think you can go wrong by staying there. I love the walk from there to the parks, you just can't beat the convenience.

Have you checked the prices at RPR? You get the same perks staying at RPR as you do as HRH (EPS, walkway to Citywalk/parks, boat transfers) but RPR is usually cheaper. Downside is that RPR has smaller rooms, and is slightly further away, resulting in a little longer walk or boat ride.

I would recommend CBBR. Lots to do the resort, nice family suites. You can probably get two family suites for the price of one room at HR. The lazy river and wonderful food options are a major reason we keep returning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts