Best mode of transportation for getting to HS early

Eliza'sMom

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering what my best bet is for getting to Hollywood Studios early enough to try to get through MMRR by 10 to try to get a ROTR boarding group (and before the line is completely nuts). We will have a car, so had planned to drive everywhere but MK just to avoid buses, but I know they're holding people before allowing them to park. So would we beat the parking lot crowds if we took a bus? We are staying at Saratoga Springs, in a preferred room, so either Congress Park or the Springs. This is our first time staying there, so I'm not sure what the bus situation was like before, much less now that bus capacity is limited. I had considered switching to the Boardwalk and walking if possible, but we own DVC at BWV and stay there a lot. We were looking forward to trying a refurbished room at SSR and being able to walk to Disney Springs. None of us have ever tried MMRR and my kids haven't seen or done any of the rides in Galaxy's Edge, so those are big priorities. Any advice?

Driving should be fine, if you time it right. They do not allow you to line up at the parking booths early.

We walked from Yacht Club last week, and that was ideal. We were already lined up at the temp check tents when we saw the cars streaming in to park, the first guests getting off the Skyliner, and the first guests unloading from the buses.

Congress Park & the Springs are the last 2 of 5 bus stops at SSR. I don't know whether that's a problem with the current limited capacity bus arrangement.

You might want to peruse the Disney Resorts board for any recent bus riding experiences at SSR.

Make a breakfast reservation at A boardwalk or yacht club resort and walk over. Those crowds are getting in first.

Will be at swan next week but having back Issues, want to avoid that extra walk

what time should we plan on arriving at parking lot?

Will be at swan next week but having back Issues, want to avoid that extra walk

what time should we plan on arriving at parking lot?

You will not be permitted to line up at the parking entrance until about 8:45.

Honestly, walking is so much better right now (you will be at the front of the crowds entering the park), if you are up for it, I’d do it.

Are you planning to rent a scooter at the park?

Honestly, walking is so much better right now (you will be at the front of the crowds entering the park), if you are up for it, I’d do it.

Thanks for the time frame info! No to the rental, this is just a temporary sort of thing, slow & steady should do the trick.:).

Thanks for the time frame info! No to the rental, this is just a temporary sort of thing, slow & steady should do the trick.:).

If that's the case, I highly recommend making the "slow and steady" walk, to be honest. You won't regret it, it really does give you a head start on the park. And without parking trams, the walk from the parking lot can be pretty significant anyway.

We walked from boardwalk to studios. About 10 back waiting for temp to start at 910. Rode mmrr and slinky before 10 and got a bg

We own at BWV have done the walk at least yearly for past 15 years. Let’s just say it seems to get longer & hotter each year. But appears we can at least grab bus back

No bus right now, but you can take the Skyliner.

yes but iffy in the am with the transfer. will ck to see when it starts running tho. Would work on way back

almost tempted to ditch the swan & grab pop on Hotwire at this point

ah well, least there are still some options. The boats would likely be excruciatingly slow to load with social distancing anyway

yes but iffy in the am with the transfer. will ck to see when it starts running tho. Would work on way back

almost tempted to ditch the swan & grab pop on Hotwire at this point

ah well, least there are still some options. The boats would likely be excruciatingly slow to load with social distancing anyway

That is absolutely the case for the morning. I just mentioned it since you wrote about taking the bus "back".

Don't ditch the Swan for Pop. The walk to DHS in the mornings is easy and the very best way to get to the park for opening, by far. You are ahead of every other way to get there. If you are at Pop, the only option to get to DHS is the Skyliner, and the process is not good. You line up for the Skyliner at Pop, with everyone else, then even if you are at the front of that line and are able to take the Skyliner right when it opens at 9, you then have to get in the back of the long line at CBR to get on the DHS line.

When we took the Skyliner from the International Gateway at 9 one morning last week to get to Riviera for a breakfast reservation. The cast members told anyone trying to get to DHS that they should walk, because the line at CBR would be 45-60 minutes long.

I thought I had been reading lately on the boards that they have been opening the parking lots about 45 minutes before park opening. Are you indicating they let you line up to enter the lots over an hour before?

Last edited:
I thought I had been reading lately on the boards that they have been opening the parking lots about 45 minutes before park opening. Are you indicating they are opening HS lot over an hour before park opens?

The 8:45 I mentioned was not to enter the parking lot, it was to line up. And I'm not positive of the time, I just heard that anytime earlier than that, cars were turned away. I do know that the day we went, we walked from Yacht Club, and were in line for the temp check tents right at 9:00 when I looked and saw cars entering the parking lot.

The 8:45 I mentioned was not to enter the parking lot, it was to line up. And I'm not positive of the time, I just heard that anytime earlier than that, cars were turned away. I do know that the day we went, we walked from Yacht Club, and were in line for the temp check tents right at 9:00 when I looked and saw cars entering the parking lot.
Yes I realized that and changed my post after you quoted me. But anyway, that's good to know. I think I'll try to arrive around 9am and see what happens. With capacity limited and FP eliminated this BG thing is the only real nerve-wracker under current circumstances.

Driving should be fine, if you time it right. They do not allow you to line up at the parking booths early.

We walked from Yacht Club last week, and that was ideal. We were already lined up at the temp check tents when we saw the cars streaming in to park, the first guests getting off the Skyliner, and the first guests unloading from the buses.
What time did you get in line at Hollywood Studios?

What time did you get in line at Hollywood Studios?

We arrived on foot at about 8:20. They had the guests there (maybe a dozen families in front of us) line up in two physically distanced queues near the Skyliner station, until walking us toward the temp check tents at 8:45. We each found a spot on a marker near one of the tents. Starting at 9:00, we could see that cars were permitted to enter, and guests were arriving via Skyliner and resort bus. They had us enter the temp check tents at about 9:05 or a little after. We were one of the first people into the park, and my pic on the entrance street is time-stamped 9:11.

We arrived on foot at about 8:20. They had the guests there (maybe a dozen families in front of us) line up in two physically distanced queues near the Skyliner station, until walking us toward the temp check tents at 8:45. We each found a spot on a marker near one of the tents. Starting at 9:00, we could see that cars were permitted to enter, and guests were arriving via Skyliner and resort bus. They had us enter the temp check tents at about 9:05 or a little after. We were one of the first people into the park, and my pic on the entrance street is time-stamped 9:11.
Thank you! That is really helpful :)

We have an early morning breakfast reservation at Ale & Compass and are planning to walk over to HS afterwards. We are staying offsite at a Disney Springs hotel. How long can we leave our car parked at the resort? We're fine to go back and move it to HS but hoping we can leave it there long enough to be able to get into HS at the front of the crowds to do a ride or two first thing before needing to move the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter