Best option for 10K registration for 2017 DW Marathon Weekend

SlightlyocdDisneyfan

Mouseketeer
My family just finished the Tinker Bell 5K last weekend at DL and we are hooked. Would love to participate in DW 10K in January, but realize we are late to the registration party. We are a family of 5 so charity fundraising ($3K+) is out of the question. Has anyone used any of the travel companies? Success, or crazy high prices?

My family just finished the Tinker Bell 5K last weekend at DL and we are hooked. Would love to participate in DW 10K in January, but realize we are late to the registration party. We are a family of 5 so charity fundraising ($3K+) is out of the question. Has anyone used any of the travel companies? Success, or crazy high prices?

I used GET last year for a 5K bib (only) about 2-3 weeks before the event. Price was in-line with what the cost would've been had the race been still open.

That's a single data point but I'd go that route again if my situation warranted it.

We used Acclaim to book the 5K, 10K and half. Prices were also reasonable...but you have to book a package (room, park tickets). We needed both so it was a good deal for us!

I have used Acclaim twice. All went well with the SWDS bibs and I don't foresee any issues with the Dumbo Double Dare in September. You may have to pay a little more, but be sure to factor in the lack of Active fees when you figure out how much. Also, you may also have to get resort reservations and tickets, but it sounds like that's the way Disney is going. All told, id use them again without hesitation.

I used GET last year for a 5K bib (only) about 2-3 weeks before the event. Price was in-line with what the cost would've been had the race been still open.

That's a single data point but I'd go that route again if my situation warranted it.

Who is GET? Thanks!

Who is GET? Thanks!

They're a travel provider but I just checked and they are not listed for the WDW Marathon Weekend. I think they're out of FL, too, so I find that odd.

They're still listed for the DL Half (but that doesn't help you for January - sorry, didn't know they weren't doing the same for WDW Marathon Weekend)

upload_2016-5-13_11-4-21.png

Any of the travel providers on the runDisney page for the event will get you bibs if they have them available. However, new travel provider requirements from runDisney means they have to sell rooms and tickets with the bibs as well so you can no longer just get a bib.

There are also a few running groups that have bib only registration through their group but they are few and far between. Also with those you have to pay the groups membership fee. Some are small (ours is like 20 or 30 a year) and others are pretty big. The group fee is in addition to the race bib cost. runDisney changed their requirements as well this year (money is due sooner and any unsold bibs have to be paid for) so many aren't asking for a ton extra any more just what their group needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter