Best Parking Option for Philly airport?

MulanMom

MK is my happy place!
It's been about a decade since we've flown out of PHL. Any advice on what's the best option for parking? We will have an ECV on rack. We also live about an hour away, so can consider staying overnight at hotel if they still offer free parking for the week.

I just used Pacifico. they are off site in Essington... 5 mins from airport. They drive you in your car so the EVC would be on the back to the airport. they will also pick you up with your car.... put your EVC back on and you leave from the airport for $.... i love it

Thank you, GrumpyBa*D. I'll check them out although I don't know if we'll have room for their driver in our car. We'll be packed to the gills! LOL

Where do you park? The Economy lot is now closed.
We park in the garage that is attached to the airport. I think it's C? Not positive though since DH always drives and I don't really pay attention. It's a short walk from the garage to TSA.

We park in the garage that is attached to the airport. I think it's C? Not positive though since DH always drives and I don't really pay attention. It's a short walk from the garage to TSA.

Thanks. Definitely an alternative to look into. :)

Thanks. Definitely an alternative to look into. :)

Unfortunately you may have to shell out some major $$ for parking "in the terminal" - it's technically short term parking. Upper Level garage runs you about $16 per day if you are going to be parked for more than 3 days and if it's less than 3 days I think it's $24 per day - that's in UPPER LEVEL.S
In ground level, it's like $45/day (i think...).

So minimum in terminal parking is $16/day if you're away for 3 or more days.

Also a lot of ancillary parking services like Winner Airport Parking (which we prefer) are closed - due to lack of air travel and lack of customers.

Safe travels!! And I'll be there in about a month!! I'm trying to talk my brother into taking us - he's a perpetually hungry med school student so I'm bribing him with food items since he has no time to cook.

Safe travels!! And I'll be there in about a month!! I'm trying to talk my brother into taking us - he's a perpetually hungry med school student so I'm bribing him with food items since he has no time to cook.

Hahaha....I love this!!!!

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was seeing on the Airport website. Safe travels for you as well!

I just used Pacifico. they are off site in Essington... 5 mins from airport. They drive you in your car so the EVC would be on the back to the airport. they will also pick you up with your car.... put your EVC back on and you leave from the airport for $.... i love it

Glad you mentioned Pacifico. We normally use Winner, and they are closed due to Covid. Thanks!

Also a lot of ancillary parking services like Winner Airport Parking (which we prefer) are closed - due to lack of air travel and lack of customers.
Oh no! 🤦🏼‍♀️ We’ll be there in a month too and planned to use Winner again. Guess the DH has some work to do! I’ll have him look into Pacifico as the other poster suggested.

Screenshot (4071).png

The onsite parking is convenient. I really like the new discount rate of $16 per day if parking 3 days or more. Garage Level two is great for handicap access. Easy access to ramps to get over to the terminals. Also close to checked bag pickup when returning from vacation. The prior "economy" parking lot with shuttle service is still closed.

The onsite parking is convenient. I really like the new discount rate of $16 per day if parking 3 days or more. Garage Level two is great for handicap access. Easy access to ramps to get over to the terminals.

Yes - I prefer it as well. $16/day sounds like a lot compared to Economy parking which I think was $11/day - but you literally walk from your car right into the terminal as opposed to parking in that lot, standing in a bus shelter and waiting for a bus.

The onsite parking is convenient. I really like the new discount rate of $16 per day if parking 3 days or more. Garage Level two is great for handicap access. Easy access to ramps to get over to the terminals. Also close to checked bag pickup when returning from vacation. The prior "economy" parking lot with shuttle service is still closed.

This might end up being a better option for us as our vehicle will be so packed with people, I don't think we'd have extra room for a driver! Sounds like it's very convenient, too!

We've been using PreFlight parking for about 5 years. You can pay more to park your car inside the building or less outside. In the past, I would always be waiting for a shuttle and see the red PreFlight shuttles coming by, so we gave them a shot. . Think the longest I've waited is 5 or 10 minutes.

This might end up being a better option for us as our vehicle will be so packed with people, I don't think we'd have extra room for a driver! Sounds like it's very convenient, too!

I think you'll really like the convenience. Especially with a full group of people. I also like the parking garage protection from bad weather. The lighting is good if dark too. I'm hoping Philly keeps the $16 price even after travel gets back to normal. They've only been offering the discount for a few months now.

The parking at the airport is still pretty wide open since there aren't as many people flying still. I used to part in the economy lot, but after a flight home where I had to wait at least 45 minutes for a bus that had space to return to the lot I started parking at PreFlight. It's super easy to get to and pretty much right across the street from the airport. They have deals and it's a little cheaper than the airport typically. And the shuttles go by frequently. It's been faster getting too and from their lot than it was from the economy lot the few times I parked there.

Not familiar with Philadelphia, but most major airports have some type of 'park & fly' type places near the airport at a lower price then parking at the airport. Usually the airport website lists the parking options. Off-site parking has shuttle buses that drop you right at the terminal, so if someone in your party has mobility issues, it is a great alternative. Also avoids having to walk through a parking garage which we don't care to do especially if returning at night.

View attachment 533944

Is that $16 all inclusive? They tack on a lot of city fees and PPA fees when you park off airport that isnt part of their advertised price. Also, how do they know if you are parked on ground level or the upper levels where they $16/day applies.

The parking at the airport is still pretty wide open since there aren't as many people flying still. I used to part in the economy lot, but after a flight home where I had to wait at least 45 minutes for a bus that had space to return to the lot I started parking at PreFlight. It's super easy to get to and pretty much right across the street from the airport. They have deals and it's a little cheaper than the airport typically. And the shuttles go by frequently. It's been faster getting too and from their lot than it was from the economy lot the few times I parked there.
We've been using PreFlight parking for about 5 years. You can pay more to park your car inside the building or less outside. In the past, I would always be waiting for a shuttle and see the red PreFlight shuttles coming by, so we gave them a shot. . Think the longest I've waited is 5 or 10 minutes.

This!
We used to use the airport's economy lot but while waiting for the shuttle back after a vacation and started paying attention, we saw the Preflight shuttle go past us at least 4x while waiting for the huge ecomony bus. Also the ecomony bus follows it's preplanned bus route even if there are only a few passengers on the bus, while picking up and dropping off along the way. Basically you are forced into a massive tour of the economy parking lot, all while you just want to get to your car as fast as possible.
With PreFlight, there are usually 2-3 travel groups on the small shuttle/van and they take each group directly to their car. (When you board the van they ask what section you're parked in.) The driver helps unload the bags and some have even placed them in our trunk without being asked. Most of the time we are either the first or 2nd group to be dropped off so it's not a lot of wasted time.

On the way to start our vacation, we stop at the manned booth at the entrance and the person suggests which section to park in. Once we park, by the time we pull our bags out of the car, the shuttle is right there and the driver is helping put our bags on the shuttle. He is not simultaneously dropping people off at this stop so his focus is just getting passengers to their terminal. We usually pick up 1-2 other travel parties along the way but it's a much smaller lot than the economy.

I also love that they have a frequent parker program so we get some free days approx every other vacation, depending how long each trip is. Also we can book a reservation at the prepaid rate which is better than or equivalent to their coupon price. The send an email confirmation which can be printed out or just use paperless and scan it from my phone as we leave to go home. If your trip has to be extended for some unplanned reason, the extra days are billed at the same low rate as your original reservation. It's so nice to just scan my frequent parker card on the way in, then scan the barcode on my phone to "pay" on the way out. (For those not in the frequent parker club you take a time-stamped ticket with you when you enter and then give it to the cashier and pay when you exit.)

We tried Winner once and not that the service was bad but I don't like the concept of going on vacation and leaving my car and keys with strangers. For the driver to legally drive it, we have to leave our registration and insurance cards in the car/glove box so anyone with bad intentions can see our address and know we won't be home for x number of days. Also our particular driver was speeding the entire time he took us from their lot to the terminal and practically flew through the terminal and over speed bumps, nearly giving me a heart attack along the way.
Maybe I just have issues trusting people but I feel much better to park my car, lock it, and keep the keys with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter