Best parks when it is raining....

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Just thinking ahead.... incase Isabel causes problems for Fl.....

We have 3 small children (4,2 1/2, 4months) Our vacation plans were to hang by the pool for 5 days, but with the chance of rain HIGH right now... I feel the need to have back up plans....

So which park is the driest when it rains.... meaning the most inside attractions, covered ques.... etc.

Any tips for keeping a Graco Due Rider dry? ACK!

Thanks bunches!

Personally, I think MGM is the best park for a rainy day. It's a much smaller park than Epcot and so there isn't as much walking outside between attractions. And all of the attractions/shows are essentially indoors or covered.

I'll just add a not good one for rain. AK-you will get wet. Nearly everything is outside, there's not really anywhere to escape it save maybe 2 stores and 2 restaurants....And yes, Tarzan and FOTLK are completely covered, but the line isn't.

I would say MGM also because there are shows that you watch that last longer than the typical ride. So 30 mins out of the rain is much better than 3.
but little kids may not like them...so its really a toss up.
most the rides in Fantasyland have covered ques. and there are sit down restaurants and shopping.
World Showcase is not good in rain...too big. Future world is good because of the big pavillions.

I vote for Future World. The Land has at least 3-4 things to do and so does the Pavillion with BodyWars. :)

I'll toss in a different opinion.

We always go to MK in the rain. It has the most densely populated attractions that are all close together. You can do almost all of Fantasyland, for example, and hardly ever step out from under cover. In comparison, a park like EPCOT has large pavillions where you spend more time, but they are far apart from each other. You'll get soaked walking from one to the next.

You also have Main Street where you can spend plenty of time browsing all the shops that are connected on the inside. You can go down one side and back on the other.

Steve

I'd say MGM is the best because of the shows. My 3 yo loved Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Best, Playhouse Disney and Muppetvision. The other posters have made good comments about Epcot and MK.

As for a stroller cover, Graco makes a rain cover to fit their double stroller. I bought one at Babies R U. It fits really well and has snaps and ventalited flaps. While I was there I bought a couple of rain coats for our 3 yo and 1 yo. They didn't like the ponchos.

Future World or MGM. Future World is basically all indoors and has lots of exhibits and rides to keep kids entertained (Figment ride, Living Seas, Circle of Life, Food Rocks, Innoventions, Wonders of Life, etc.). MGM also has many indoor attractions and shows like Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, Great Movie Ride, and the Muppets. Beauty and the Beast is outside, but is covered so it's not too wet. Animation and One Man's Dream are also inside, but I'm not sure if young kids would find those intersting.

Thanks everyone for you thoughts! I hope we have clear skies..... but rain wont ruin our trip!

I second what WDWAurora said - if it's raining, don't go to AK. We did this one in a LOUD thunderstorm and it was scary. Everything is outside mainly uncovered. Not a great place to be when it's lightening! We ran for our lives. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter