Best place to book a complicated trip?!

Ajh999

Earning My Ears
We are looking to book a complicated trip next year and any advice would be welcomed!
Would be 14 nights for 4 adults and 2 children.
We would like to stay on WDW resort for the first week with passes and meal plan.
For the second week we would like to move off property to a villa.
We were thinking of booking the 14 day pass (as it’s nearly the same price as a 7 day pass) so we could go back as we pleased.
I’d be happy to book a package through the official outlet but am unsure if you can put all of this together easily via Disney (not a villa for second week or car hire)
Does anyone have any experience of this or advice about the best way to go about putting it all together?
In particular I’m unsure about booking a 14 night holiday with 7 nights on property, 7 night meal package and 14 day pass!
Thanks in advance

Virgin Holidays could put the lot together for you if you didn't want to book DIY.

Hi and welcome to the boards!

I booked our trip through Ocean Florida as we've included a 4 night stay in New York followed by 10 nights at Disney World (on site at Riverside). This includes the 14 day for the price of 10 ticket and Disney dining (we had the free quick service option but upgraded to the standard for the 10 nights we'll be on site).

Spoke over the phone what I wanted (then invoice sent for me to check before paying deposit). Can then pay in installments online which was straightforward and easy.

Worth having a look at their website at least.

we are in the process of organising a very similar trip (mostly done now). we organised it all ourselves. tried local travel agents but prices were rubbish and less control. the below is how we did it

1) booked disney part when free dining came out(the low standard of room went pretty quickly)just paid deposit. we knew we wanted bc so wanted to be quick. did this through disney
2) booked flights when they came out (to tampa so cheaper). used avios and companion voucher so had to do it on day of release as limited availability of reward flights. we planned to fly less popular days and were flexible (happy to either change disney booking or stay in hotel for night before leaving
3) also got hire car through ba when sorted flights as they did a good price. its pay when we pick up
4) when all that was firmed up we used airbnb to book a villa. was fairly simple process although the choice was scary. organised our own villa as seems alot of the travel.cos you get allocated a villa on arrival.

Thanks for the various suggestions, I will certainly have a look into them all. We are locked in on dates (Easter 2019) so unfortunately it is highly unlikely that the free dining plan will be available and costs are much higher than at other times of year!

We are looking to book a complicated trip next year and any advice would be welcomed!
We would like to stay on WDW resort for the first week with passes and meal plan.
We were thinking of booking the 14 day pass (as it’s nearly the same price as a 7 day pass) so we could go back as we pleased.
I’d be happy to book a package through the official outlet but am unsure if you can put all of this together easily via Disney (not a villa for second week or car hire)
Does anyone have any experience of this or advice about the best way to go about putting it all together?
In particular I’m unsure about booking a 14 night holiday with 7 nights on property, 7 night meal package and 14 day pass!
Thanks in advance
So you are looking for a week in a Disney hotel and a 14 day pass with the Dining Plan? That's a fairly straightforward booking, we used to do that all the time, add our car separately, and go private on the villa. If you are worried phone up rather than the website. They are very helpful.

Thanks in advance

We've done this for ourselves twice now.

Book the flights as soon as they become available. We go in August, so the flights went up in September and we booked them straight away.

Once you have the flight dates, book a week at a Disney resort and a 14-day pass. Both times we've booked we got a 14-day pass for the price of a 7-day pass. Then book a villa for the weeks 2 and 3. Book a rental car that we pick up from WDW on the day we check out and drop it off at the airport when we're leaving.

When you include all the bonuses from staying at a Disney resort (free Magic bands, free quick dining plan, free transfer from the airport to the hotel, a $100 gift card, no car rental or parking for the first week, a years free subscription to Disney Life), booking the first week at a resort works out in the same ballpark as staying offsite and booking the park tickets separately, plus you get added benefits like extra park hours and 60 day FP booking.

We book everything individually and try to take advantage of summer and winter sales on things like flights and hotels.

Always turn private browsing on because websites will look into your history to see your previous searches and hike prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter