Best Place to View a Shuttle Launch?

SandraM

DIS Veteran
Where is the best place to see a shuttle launch if you can't get a transportation ticket for KSC property. There is a launch due on the evening of August 5 but the only tickets I can find on offer are for a viewing site at the Astronaut Hall of Fame. I reckon this is about 15 miles away from the launch site? Is that not too far away for a decent view?
Is Cocoa Beach a good place to see it from? We were thinking of maybe going there for the day and watching the launch later, and going to KSC another day.
Any tips appreciated!
:confused:

A good place to watch the shuttle launch is Titusville. It's not to far from the KSC, and right on the ocean. The launch pad is directly across the ocean, (about 10 miles away). A lot of people seem to go there and you can park along the side of the road. When we went, we were able to walk down to a dock area and see it from there. It's great to see because nothing is obstructing your view, plus it's free!! The traffic around KSC is outrageous when there is a launch because everyone thinks that is the only place to get a good view.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maybe someone here can help me....Exactly how far away can a shuttle launch be seen? (I know the ones at night can be seen for hundreds of miles.) Before our stay at Disney we will be spending a few days in Ft.Lauderdale and will be there for the August launch-how far north would we have to travel to see anything at all?

23 days to go.....

Can't wait to go...Can't wait to go...Can't wait to go...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter