• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Rate for a Van From an MCO Company?

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
Next trip we'll need to haul 6 adults and a toddler so a van it will be. What would be considered a 'deal' rate from any of the MCO companies? I've gone 'off-site' once before and I'll pay more to get my vehicle right there. We usually use Dollar and like them, but I'll switch for the right price. We're loing at the first week in March.

Bill From PA

Bill,
I had a rate of 187.21 for a minivan at L&M for the week of Dec. 15th - Dec. 21. They are right in the airport and apparently lines aren't as long as other rental car places because people don't know much about them. They get mixed reviews (as almost anything will IMHO:D ) I only gave up that reservation because I got a free membership to the Emerald Aisle at National through the Disney Club. For the same price we get a chance at picking a minivan and we only have to walk out to the EA and drive away. Otherwise it will be a full size which is okay too. I also use Orbitz quite a bit when looking up rental car rates. They seem to show way lower rates than Expedia or Travelocity. Hope this helps!

We just returned from a five day Thanksgiving vacation and rented a mini van from L & M. We too had heard mixed reviews but I am quite happy with having booked with them. My car was ready but of course, the best part was the rate. While you may at times be able to get a competitive weekly rate from Dollar or Budget, all those rates are based on a seven day rental. If you rent for less than a week it reverts to the daily rate which is much higher, sometimes double in price.

Dollar has been having some good deals lately - $199 base rate - but I don't know that it's extended into march yet. I got National with the NHOL product rate, DC old contract and a coupon off another vacation site and my total bill is $255 and change. The base rate was $229.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter