Best resort for solo travelers

I think Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great choice. I always get excited for renovated rooms. Plus one of my favorite things to do on a solo trip is just sit and enjoy the atmosphere a bit and AKL has a lot of great spots for that.

AKL is a wonderful resort and one of our favorites. Yes, it is a bit removed but use the app for bus arrival times and that will help reduce your wait time for buses. Try Boma - we did it for breakfast and dinner and loved it. The Mara is also great for QS - it's a nice size and you can also take your food outside to the tables there. We had a savannah view and it was the best decision we made. Loved sitting on the balcony in the morning and watching the animals. Enjoy!
I am with you on eating at AKL

I will be staying at AK solo in April. I stayed there before both solo and with family and I must say it is just beautiful. Very unique. Food options are great. Boma, Sanaa, Jiko are all great if traveling solo. And the bus situation isn't bad at all and honestly the GF isn't particularly close to AK or HS so I wouldn't worry too much :)

Apart from that I did Coronado, POR, CBR and Pop solo and they were all lovely. You honestly can't go wrong with any of the Disney hotels ;)

Another vote for an Epcot resort, each is within easy walking distance of the other Epcot hotels and also the International Gateway for the World Showcase. I enjoyed BC very much, but not so much the Swan. The rooms were really lovely but I didn't feel like I was in Disney at all.

I am deciding between animal kingdom lodge or a resort close to epcot
Animal Kingdom - but if you are going to spend that much - save for savanna view, too. I've solo'ed at all the values and mods, but only a couple deluxes. I don't think the deluxes are worth it for me for solo trips. I just don't need those features and I'd rather stay longer or go more frequently.

Both are great choices and offer different experiences. When staying solo I like to enjoy the resort as well. If anything, explore pictures, reviews etc of the resorts and see which appeals to you more. As far as the "distance" of AK resort, it's not that bad to me. It's a few more minutes from everything but the resort itself is the trade off.

Staying solo soon and I chose BoardWalk Inn- my first stay there and wanted something new to try. My family usually stays at YC or BC and we love that area....we are in Epcot most days to eat at some point; it's so easy and convenient to walk to HS (or ride the boat if you wish); plus there's so many great restaurant options between the Boardwalk, BC, YC and Swan & Dolphin. And, now the Skyliner is right there too!
I would love to stay at AK at some point, but it seems so isolated.

I’d choose boardwalk. Lots of restaurants. Bars, etc. easy to walk to two parks. I do not mind going out alone and enjoy the bar at ESPN because I like sports, the dueling pianos place is fun even if alone and there is a cute little bar next to flying fish and for me walking around the world showcase at epcot is a fun thing to do alone. I can stop when I want, try ethnic snacks, have a beer or glass of wine, watch shows, etc.

Thats a matter of taste and what your budget is... I would think that the Poly or Contemporary would be nice.... but Saratoga Springs is very close to Disney Springs also

Animal Kingdom - but if you are going to spend that much - save for savanna view, too. I've solo'ed at all the values and mods, but only a couple deluxes. I don't think the deluxes are worth it for me for solo trips. I just don't need those features and I'd rather stay longer or go more frequently.
I agree on savanna view

It might help if you'd tell us what specific features you're looking for that you'd think would benefit you on a solo trip. I've done a number of solo trips, stayed at most of the resorts, and I choose based on what I plan to do during my stay, not on whether or not I'm traveling with others.

For instance, if I'm planning to spend a lot of time in certain theme parks, I'd choose a resort that's near to at least one of those parks, or has good transportation to those parks. If I'm focusing on dining, the resort restaurants might influence my choice. If I'm going to be hanging out at the resort more than visiting theme parks, I'll go for a resort that has amenities I want. I've had trips where I knew I'd be spending time with friends in the area, and I usually stay at BRV for those because it's geographically closest to my friends' homes.

I've stayed solo at every level, value to deluxe, it doesn't matter. I've stay regular rooms at deluxe and club level, I've stayed preferred room at a value and moderate and standard view, doesn't matter I still had a fantastic time on each trip. You have to do what is comfortable for you budget wise, and if you are wanting to focus on something in particular like a festival, party, or ride you might want to aim for a resort near that. This past trip I stayed at Boardwalk because I was there both for festival of the arts and to ride RotR, last year I stayed at YC because I wanted to be near Epcot for Food & Wine, it was great in both cases because I could easily get to what I was focusing on. On the trips where I'm just going to go, no real objective other than to go and have fun, it doesn't matter where I stay and I still have a fabulous time. I usually take the time to research each resort, these boards are great for that, and I like looking at room pics on the WDW website to get a feel for them. Some resorts just appeal to me more in the moment.

It might help if you'd tell us what specific features you're looking for that you'd think would benefit you on a solo trip. I've done a number of solo trips, stayed at most of the resorts, and I choose based on what I plan to do during my stay, not on whether or not I'm traveling with others.

For instance, if I'm planning to spend a lot of time in certain theme parks, I'd choose a resort that's near to at least one of those parks, or has good transportation to those parks. If I'm focusing on dining, the resort restaurants might influence my choice. If I'm going to be hanging out at the resort more than visiting theme parks, I'll go for a resort that has amenities I want. I've had trips where I knew I'd be spending time with friends in the area, and I usually stay at BRV for those because it's geographically closest to my friends' homes.
Well I want to shop and eat while also riding some not too exciting rides i.e river rides and just enjoying the parks especially the world showcase in epcot and all of MK and AK

I have stayed solo at BC, BWI, AKL, POLY, CSR, POR, POFQ, KW, WL. I didn't have issues with any of these. If u are there during one of the EPCOT festivals and budget is not an issue, then my vote would be BWI. I like a lot of walking and the fact that you can walk to two parks from BWI is great.if u like a lot of time at AK, then definitely AKL is great, especially if u have a Savannah view. The last time I stayed, giraffes seemed to be just outside my room all the time I was there...really great...u dont get that at just any hotel. If u have been as many times as I've been in my time and, again, if budget not an issue, then my overall favorite is Wilderness Lodge....beautiful theming...great boat ride to MK and to CR to catch monorail. At this point in my life, I now tend to go multiple times a year with my AP, so I tend to stay at the mods and love, love, love them all.

HA! I dont think I helped u at all...maybe just confused u more.

My final thought. No matter what u decide, its WDW!!! Have a great time!

Consider uber/lyft to get to DHS in the morning from AKL. BOTH mornings we tried to get into DHS last month from AKV the bus ran less often than other parks. Made it hard to get an RoR boarding group..
Other than that I am eager to return there someday

My advice when someone is having a problem choosing is to sit down and make a list of the amenities you would need in a resort to have a great vacation, whether it was a Disney resort or not. Do you need a balcony? Room service? Spa? Do you need a table service restaurant or are you ok with just quick service? Do you have a set budget and how much is it? Once you have made your list, you will be able to narrow down your choices much faster. Everyone has different priorities, and it’s a very personal decision.

I will say I have stayed at almost all of the Disney resorts solo and had great vacations in all of them. I usually base my choice for each trip on budget and how much time I will be spending at the resort that trip.

I think it depends a little on your mentality.
If your idea of a vacation is curling up with a good book and just enjoying the quiet atmosphere, then I think AKL is a good choice. The downside is that all parks are a bus ride away.
The Epcot area resorts have a ton of stuff to do, so if you want to stay busy the whole time, and not necessarily want to be in a park, the epcot resorts are a real good choice.
Swan and Dolphin are nice, but definitely feel like your average business hotel with Disney just outside your doorstep. The upside is you can use hotel points you might already have to book a stay. The Disney resorts will be on the expensive side, but you might be able to offset that by renting DVC points. If it's a short stay, that might be just the ticket to getting a more deluxe accommodation without excessive damage to the bank account.

What is the best resort for a solo traveler who is going to Disney world for the first time. Price is issue as I can save money for a deluxe
I would say blt because you can get to so many parks and restaurants without taking the bus. I loved my solo trip but felt a little self conscious on the buses

I would say blt because you can get to so many parks and restaurants without taking the bus. I loved my solo trip but felt a little self conscious on the buses
At the moment the only park you can get to from BLT without taking a bus is MK since the Epcot mono line is down. I personally enjoy staying in the Epcot area with the ability to walk to two parks, it's the most convenient place to stay at the moment with transportation the way it is for the foreseeable future. Of course I love the MK resorts when solo traveling, but Epcot has proven to be my favorite in recent solo trips (both pre & post covid)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts