Best shore excursions on DCL Westen Caribbean for DS 7

martel-luv-wdw

Mouseketeer
Thinking about swimming with the stringray. However DS will not put head in the water, so snorkeling is out.

? semi-submarine/submarine (me and my mom hate close areas/is it confining).

Other suggestions for Grand cayman?

Thinking about mini golf in Cozumel. Would like to know more about Sally's minigolf.

Other suggestion for western excursions. Traveling party DH(37),DW(38),DS(7)& DMom(62)

Do we book thru DCL or the tour offered in port?

I did the semi-sub in St Maarten and the sub in Grand Cayman. I felt more confined in the semi-sub. My son was 6 when we did the semi-sub and 8 when we did the sub and he loved both! I booked the sub directly with Atlantis after getting to town. The DCL price is higher for children by about $12.

The Atlantis Submarine is as big as a bus so really not confining and would be good for both your 7 year old and Grandma too;) Our son loved it. You go down to about 100ft and see a lot of sealife. It might be an idea as you can see everything without putting on a mask.

Another option depending on your mothers agility and your sons interest would be a Beach Horseback Ride . Let them know you are beginners and you want gentle horses and they will take great care of you. Penny is wonderful. They take people of all ages.

The beach is also great for people of all ages and I would suggest you go to the beach after what ever excursion you choose. Have fun:jester:

DH and I did Sally's with DD11 and DS14. This is not your standard resort golf with windmills. The holes were longer than anything we have here in Maryland and the challenge come with the multilevel greens. It was challenging enough for the adults and the kids had fun with it.

It is a beautiful course with a waterfall running through it. We saw turtles, birds and other assorted wildlife. We did it at 6PM and were quite comfortable despite in being July in Mexico.

My one peice of advice is if you don't want to be hounded by shopkeepers, you can walk on the other side of the street till you get to the big flag.

The Christmas Tree Shops have snorkeling gear for a good $. Why not get a set for DS7 and have him take it in the tub with him? My son loves the water and snorkeling was incredible. He's no longer afraid to stick his head in water but the tub was the safest practice area for him.

Captain Marvin's isn't a great suggestion for your son because when you snorkel first - it's in about 8-10 feet of water. Stingray City is about 4 feet deep.

In Cozumel we had a great time mini-golfing. Lots of Iguanas! It's a long walk unless you are prepared for it - it was hot. After golfing we went to Mr. Sanchos' beach and my son and I had a great day snorkeling together in shallowed water. It's also a free beach.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter