Best showing for Candlelight Processional?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
What is the best showing for CP? After it si dark? don't they walk in with candles? i woudl think thsi is more moving if it was dark!?!
I'm trying to figure out what time to make PS ressies for with the package. We woudl also liek to work IllumiNatiosn in if possible. Thansk!

This is tough to answer, as the available dining times impact your show times.

For the 5 PM show, you can dine after the show...which allows you to make sure you've allowed adequate time to stake out a good spot for illuminations. It's daylight.... Can't get the full effect of all the stage lighting, which in the evening is simply beautiful. Yes the march in holding candles, but the lighting on stage during the performance is the real treat!

The 6:45 (I think that's the time?) show is great because it's dark..downside is, they generally advise you to eat AFTER the show because you can't eat at 5 or 5:30 and get to the show for 6:45... You might if you decided to dine in Morroco, japan or France, the closes to the CP dinner package line. I'd avoid places like Canada, Mexico, etc. as that's a hike back to the show if you're running late. If you dine after the show..chances are you're finishing just as illuminations is starting, which impacts your ability to get a good spot for the show.

the 8:15 show... We like this show...we eat early (5:30 / 6) have plenty of time to make it to the show line to ensure we will get the seats we want. (we normally wait in line about 30-45 minutes) However, this gets out around 9 PM...Illuminations will begin at 9:30..so you will have 1/2 hour to find a good spot..you need to plan to walk AWAY from the CP area, as it will be a MOB scene.

So, as you can see, there are pros and cons to all of these times when trying to see CP, Illuminations and Dine! If you're not doing the dinner package...do the 6:45 PM show..that will give you more than enough time to stake out a good viewing spot for illuminations.

Enjoy! We just made our CP reservations yesterday!

Peggy Sue

Thanks so much Peggy Sue. I really woudl like to see the lighting, maybe we'll go for the 6:45 show. (Correct then that it is usually dark for thsi show?) Then eat, then try to find a place for IllumiNations. Think thsi is our best bet? I'm gonna try for the package. What time shoudl i make PSs if we do the 6:45 show? We shoudl eat after I woudl think? Will IllumiNatiosn run at 9:30 every night the CP runs?
I apprecaite the help!:)

The 6:45 show should end around 7:30. You need to allow yourself enough time to get to your dining spot and arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled time. If you're going to france, for instance, you could try for a 7:50 dinner. Hower, if you going to go to Canada, need to consider the time to hike over there and better make it for 8.

Just a word of caution...CP dinner packages are VERY popular. remember, a PS is just that .. a priority seating, giving you the next available table. We waited 45 minutes one year for a table at LeCellier when we had 8 PM ressies. We finished eating AFTER Illuminations was over.

That's why we book the 8:15 show, and eat before the show, typically booking between 5-5:30. The dining spots have just stared offering dinner, so the chances of a long wait are greatly reduced. this show gets out around 9..so you would still have 1/2 hour to stake out a spot for illuminations. Just make a plan to move AWAY from the show area..perhaps head over to China or Norway etc.

The 5 PM show also allows you to eat after, with plenty of time to get a good spot for illuminations...but it is daylight when the show begins, and just dusk when it ends.

Another factor...The earlier in the week you go, the less crowds to deal with. Thurs-Sun are heavier crowds, as a lot of local residents are also coming in for the show. Epcot is also the only park open late during early December (until Christmas week) and a lot of folks head over there for something to do in the evenings.

Good luck with your decision...suggest you book soon to make sure you are able to dine where and when you need too!

Enjoy!

Peggy Sue

Thansk again peggy Sue! I think we'll go for the 8:15 show to get the best of the lighting effects, eat dinner early. I just need to gather up my parents and decide what restarant. Thanks!

Thanks very much everyone. I've got 5:20 dinner reservations at Le Cellier for the 8:15 show.

I was also going to go on Friday, thinking that only Sat and Sun would be crowded with locals, but then made it Wednesday Dec. 3 after your advice!!!

That's a perfect time. We did the same thing last year and had plenty of time after dinner to walk a little bit before we got in line. Watch as the line forms so you can get in it before too many others if you want to sit up front! We got in line about 40 min. early. You'll love it!!!

I would suggest in the dark. It was beautiful when we went last december to the later show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter