best strategy for booking Christmas week?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
We have decided to go to our home resort, BWV, during Christmas week 2002. Now that the Special Seasons preference list is no more, I know I need to call at the 11 month window. Unfortunately, DH and I are both at work at 9:00 and I don't know how I am going to accomplish this. DH could maybe make the 9:00 call on a few days, but there's a good chance he could be tied up in a meeting. I am a teacher and school starts at 8:55, so there is no way I could make the 9:00 call. I imagine that in order to get a standard view studio, we would have to call day by day, correct? Do you think I would stand any chance of getting Xmas week if I e-mail my request instead of calling? Would it be possible for me to have a non-member make the call for me? Any suggestions? We really want to make this work as we will also be celebrating DSs birthday while down there! Thanks for your help!

Do you have a friend or relative that you trust, who can make the call for you? I don't know how popular Xmas week is. I know I was able to get a studio at 11 months out, even after the special preference list was done. So, there is a chance that you might be able to get it, just by calling later in that day.

Give Member Services a call, maybe they will have an idea if you have a chance of getting it or not. I've asked them questions like that, they can be very helpful.

If it were me, I would either talk to the boss, and tell him I need to be on the phone at 9:00 AM, Or I would get someone else to call for me, all they need is your member number and your name, and they can book it. All documentation comes to you :D

Good Luck!

I wouldn't worry that much unless it is a Grand Villa you are trying to get. I called to get muy 2001 Xmas? NY reservation about 10 months and 15 days out and wasa ablle to get 12 days ina standard studio. I asked if I had been lucky or what and was told that actually there was still availability for 1 BR and 2 BR. Getting a room for Xmas week is not like getting a breakfast ressie at Cindy's. Don't sweat much. Odds are you will find anything you wnat if you call 11 months out at any time.

I'm guessing you're in the eastern time zone? If not your problem would be solved! LOL

Can you take your cell phone into the classroom and give your class something to do while you make the call? (probably depends entirely on who and what you teach!) Or see if there's a way you can get your class taken care of for those few minutes?

Good luck!

What about emailing your request to member services? You could do it the night before and hopefully they'll get it the morning after. But I heard that the confirmation takes a couple of days.
Good luck.

If it is something that is going to be gone that day, e-mailing is no good. They don't go through the e-mails till later in the day.

Joeblack's experience really surprises me. I would want to be sure. If it is impossible for either of you to make the call, I would give someone you trust your SS number or membership number and have them call every day. Those standard views do go fast, there are VERY few of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter