Best Value (all things considered) Good Neighbor Hotel

Smittolis

DIS Veteran
All,

I am looking at a last minute bonus trip in summer (2018) prior to going to Europe net year to visit family (2019), so we are trying to squeeze everything in.

I'd like to stay at a Good neighbor hotel so we get the 60 day fast pass booking, and will probably combine this with a couple of days at the Poly or contemporary, however, to offset some of the cost and be more economical I am looking at the likes of B-resort and Best Western LB Disney Springs.

With some package deals, for the same flights and same timing B-resort is $600 more expensive overall than Best Western, so just wanted to field some opinions from those that have been to them? Is the difference worth it? How are these hotels? Anything else you would throw into the mix?

Thanks for helping!

You might want to post this on the Orlando Hotels Board instead of the Resorts Board.

Take a look at the map of the Disney Springs Hotel area. If you want to walk to Disney Springs I think B Resort is a lot closer. I’ve looked at hotel photos and it looks nice. Also check out Holiday Inn. I think they are well located, it used to be the Marriott Coutyrard.
Check out mousevers.com preferred hotels. They often have discount links, esp for B Resort. Sign up for their newsletter for the Hot Deals.

Not sure how many are in your party, but sometimes the Disney value resorts (will only accommodate 4 people) are cheaper than the Disney Springs resorts. Most DS properties have resort fees and they charge for parking (Disney also charges for parking now too, though). Plus, if you drive, you will also pay for parking at the parks. If you are flying, you will have to arrange your own transportation from/to the airport.

We have 5 so the values are out, I can get port orleans at a very good rate that obviously includes magical express and no need for a car or resort fees, I was just trying to see if we could squeeze all the value out of our money!

I can get 2 bedroom bonnet creek villa for 1499 for the week if that's a decent deal? Downside is no extended fast pass booking!

B is one of the. closest to Disney Springs. We looked at them and the Doubletree Guest Suites on Hotel Plaza Blvd. For our dates, Doubletree came in a bit lower and we liked that it had 2 separate rooms - one with bed and one with a pull out.

All,

I am looking at a last minute bonus trip in summer (2018) prior to going to Europe net year to visit family (2019), so we are trying to squeeze everything in.

I'd like to stay at a Good neighbor hotel so we get the 60 day fast pass booking, and will probably combine this with a couple of days at the Poly or contemporary, however, to offset some of the cost and be more economical I am looking at the likes of B-resort and Best Western LB Disney Springs.

With some package deals, for the same flights and same timing B-resort is $600 more expensive overall than Best Western, so just wanted to field some opinions from those that have been to them? Is the difference worth it? How are these hotels? Anything else you would throw into the mix?

Thanks for helping!

You are looking at two resorts that do get 60 day FP+ booking .... but in case you stray or for others reading, they are NOT Good Neighbor Hotels and the Good Neighbor do NOT get 60 FP+ or EMH. Both categories are available to book by going through the Disney website so one has to be aware there is a difference.

You are looking at two resorts that do get 60 day FP+ booking .... but in case you stray or for others reading, they are NOT Good Neighbor Hotels and the Good Neighbor do NOT get 60 FP+ or EMH. Both categories are available to book by going through the Disney website so one has to be aware there is a difference.

Yes that is an important distinction in the language, thanks for clarifying.

I just wanted to circle back and let everyone know I decided on a hybrid booking. I booked a package deal through Alaska for direct flights and the first week offsite at the Towneplace Suites Flamingo Crossing, then the 2nd week at the Poly.

Thanks for all the input! The package deal was great value, the flights I wanted (flights only booking) were $2400, I think there may have been some delay in updating the cost of the packages in the system after the latest price increase, as I got the exact same flights and a week at Flamingo crossing for $2347! That's a family of 5 direct flights from the PNW lol

Ok so we moved from the Poly to the Contemporary for the 2nd week due to some split room availability, although I am probably going to try the GF for 2 days then off to the contemporary for 5... lots of moving but its all good, lifes all about experiences!

Also snagged some opening night MNSSH tickets on August 17th, renewed AP's and already booked on the Slinky Ride & FOP fast passes! Things come together quick.

I plan on doing room video's and room reviews as per usual, however, if there is anything specific you wish me to review please let me know.

How do you know which Good neighbor hotels qualify for the 60 day FP+?

The only off-site hotels that currently qualify are the seven Disney Springs resort. These hotels are located on Hotel Plaza Blvd., right next to Disney Springs. If you go to www.disneyspringshotels.com, you'll see the seven hotels and the benefits they offer. Right now, it says that Extra Magic Hours and 60-Day Fastpass booking are only good for stays through 12/31/18. There is no word yet on whether they will extend the benefits beyond that date.

How do you know which Good neighbor hotels qualify for the 60 day FP+?

NO Good Neighbor Hotels qualify for 60 day or EMH.
https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/

There are some non-Disney hotels that had FP+ added just for 2018, so far. 2019 and beyond are not known at this time.

Disney Springs Hotels
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/#/disney-springs-area/

Four Seasons
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/four-seasons/

Shades of Green
Military Only Resort

Swan & Dolphin already had these perks and will continue.

NO Good Neighbor Hotels qualify for 60 day or EMH.
https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/

There are some non-Disney hotels that had FP+ added just for 2018, so far. 2019 and beyond are not known at this time.

Disney Springs Hotels
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/#/disney-springs-area/

Four Seasons
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/four-seasons/

Shades of Green
Military Only Resort

Swan & Dolphin already had these perks and will continue.
Thank you!! This helps clarify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter