Best way for 2 DVC families to share reservation?

havoc315

DIS Veteran
Planning an 8 night trip for next August. Initially, my family was going to get a 1 bedroom. Other family was going to get a studio.
Realized it would make a lot more sense to do a 2BR-lockoff.

So what's the best way to combine points/reservations?

First thought was to just transfer points between us, but our friends aren't closed on their direct purchase contract yet. So they can book, but it's my understanding that you can't transfer points before you close.

Can we call member services, and each pay 4 nights + 4 nights, into 1 reservation? Or would it have to be 2 different reservations with a note in the system to keep the same room?

Or any other options I'm missing?

2 reservations, with the same lead guest, and a note put in by member services which says "continuing reservation".

Dumb me... I hadn't thought of that... Yes, listing the same lead guest on each reservation should simplify it, more like a split stay but at 1 resort.

To add just make sure each of you lists the other reservation number and then at check in make sure you are slated for the same room as they can hopefully fix if not!

To add just make sure each of you lists the other reservation number and then at check in make sure you are slated for the same room as they can hopefully fix if not!

Not sure what you mean by this... you mean both link both reservations in MDE?

Not sure what you mean by this... you mean both link both reservations in MDE?

Each of you needs to call MS and have them note traveling with and the other reservation numbers as a note since they are different memberships. You just don’t want to do it on one and not the other.

Each of you needs to call MS and have them note traveling with and the other reservation numbers as a note since they are different memberships. You just don’t want to do it on one and not the other.

Ah ok... I figure I'll do the whole thing with a call to MS. Thank you for the help.

Ah ok... I figure I'll do the whole thing with a call to MS. Thank you for the help.
If you are not the owner of the other membership they won’t be able to add it to theirs. They have to call and do it.

My sister's family and mine just did this same scenario in Sept with all the suggestions everyone listed and it worked fine. Only issue we had (and may not even be common) was that a few of us had to go down to guest services because our magic bands stopped working on the door lock between when one reservation ended and the other started. They said it just happens sometimes but it was fixed within minutes.

I have a member friend I frequently travel with. We typically each book some of the nights, then call member services to link or note them. We remind them at checkin, last time at VGC they didn’t have it noted. We typically run into magic band problems on the day we switch.

What we did when we booked a week in a GV was called MS . In a three way call, we booked so many nights, and friend booked the rest. Neither of us could ever see the whole week on our DVC page, but it went without a hitch. The hotel even brought up the new keys for us, we never went to desk. This was in Aulani in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts