Best way to get from Tampa to Orlando on a Sunday afternoon

Just a follow-up. My cousin is all gung ho for Busch Gardens, so that's a plan now on Sunday, and I am super excited. The Busch Gardens shuttle only lets you do a round trip, so that's not an option. I found the megabus option too that one of you mentioned (very cheap ($1 fares even), but I didn't like the times I saw, although no schedule for March yet). Anyway I decided. I am going which the Amtrak recommendation and doing the Tampa to Kissimmee, FL as it is direct and quite quick as many of you mentioned (1 hr. and 21 min. from 5:25 p.m. to 6:48 p.m. -- guessing train stops in Kissimmee first and then Orlando -- so helpful to know about that). The bus options and train to the Orlando station are of longer duration. My cousin will drop me off at the Tampa train station, and I will do the uber from Kissimee to my hotel (about 26 minutes, as I am staying near SeaWorld).

This has been an education in transportation to me. Thanks you all so much!!! My cousin who has lived in Tampa for years had no idea about all these options for getting to Orlando which are of huge interest to him as he doesn't like to drive to Orlando.

GREAT to hear! You will not be disappointed! And yes you are correct about the train stopping first at Kissimmee station and then Orlando station after that, Kissimmee is a smaller station but it is the closest to WDW, the Orlando station is closer to the city center/Downtown Orlando which is further away from the attractions/theme park areas of Orlando. If you are staying at SeaWorld area then honestly both stations are about the same distance travel time wise.

The train does sound like a great option for you!

While Kissimmee then Orlando are the Amtrak stops, once you get off Amtrak in Kissimmee you have the option of taking commuter rail (Sunrail) to get even closer before calling the Uber.

http://sunrail.com/map/

Meadow Woods might be an okay stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!