Best way to use Annual Pass Cards in park

It appears that my card is linked but it isn't automatically applying the discount. Should it be automatic or am I missing a check box or something?
I would uninstall the park app then reinstall, and make sure you are logging in with the same email & password you use for MDE. Just to be clear-this only works with the app, and it should be automatic if your annual pass is linked.

Here are visuals from the app:
20171004_163840.png 20171004_163940.png

Did pick up at the store mean to purchase them?

We both took her comments as there would be no charge and they would count as our "free" passholder magic band. But since I didn't pursue it, I have no idea how it works. I wouldn't hesitate to simply ask at the window if there was a way to pick some up on site so you could use them - perhaps they offer a voucher or some sort. Worth a shot!

I will say, it's sorta fun to have several different colors/styles so if you have the funds to spare, and Disney doesn't offer you some on site, it may be worth throwing out the ~$12 for one and then order a different color for your passholder one. You can link multiple bands to your account and switch them out. My husband hates the band and he bought one of those hook things that you just screw in the Mickey head to and it can be clipped on your belt or throw in a pocket.

We find ourselves rarely needing to pull out the card - it's the band that we use more often with FP's and admission.

I would uninstall the park app then reinstall, and make sure you are logging in with the same email & password you use for MDE. Just to be clear-this only works with the app, and it should be automatic if your annual pass is linked.

Here are visuals from the app:
View attachment 274720 View attachment 274719

Thank you for all of these screenshots. Upon further inspection, my card didn't show up in the app even though it was on my account. Yesterday, I put in the number on the card to the app and it said it was already linked. Today when it wasn't there, I tried to do it again and this time it said the number was invalid. So, I talked to a Disney person and apparently, the card number that I have online isn't the same as the card number that we will have on the actual card once it is activated, so there isn't a way to link it to the parks app until we have the actual card in hand. He told me that we won't be able to apply a discount until the card has been activated on our first visit. We can purchase MB with the AP discount once the card is activated and we are in the parks. The included bands can only be shipped after the AP is activated and those will arrive after our trip. So it seems the only option to have MB at a discounted rate is to wait until we get there. I put in the suggestion that AP holders can select their delivery date of their included magic bands. Maybe if enough people put in the request, Disney will listen.

I also asked about the hole punch thing, just to make sure it wouldn't damage the cards or anything. He said it should be fine. Thank you everyone for your replies!

I think it's a waste of money to buy MBs unless you see a specialty one you can't live without.

(1) You're staying offsite so you can't charge to the MB
(2) You will need the physical card to get any kind of discount (AND a photo ID)

Thank you for all of these screenshots. Upon further inspection, my card didn't show up in the app even though it was on my account. Yesterday, I put in the number on the card to the app and it said it was already linked. Today when it wasn't there, I tried to do it again and this time it said the number was invalid. So, I talked to a Disney person and apparently, the card number that I have online isn't the same as the card number that we will have on the actual card once it is activated, so there isn't a way to link it to the parks app until we have the actual card in hand. He told me that we won't be able to apply a discount until the card has been activated on our first visit. We can purchase MB with the AP discount once the card is activated and we are in the parks. The included bands can only be shipped after the AP is activated and those will arrive after our trip. So it seems the only option to have MB at a discounted rate is to wait until we get there. I put in the suggestion that AP holders can select their delivery date of their included magic bands. Maybe if enough people put in the request, Disney will listen.

I also asked about the hole punch thing, just to make sure it wouldn't damage the cards or anything. He said it should be fine. Thank you everyone for your replies!
Wow, sorry you had so much trouble! Mine works and I don't have my card or activation done either. That's what I get for expecting consistency out of Disney!

I think it's a waste of money to buy MBs unless you see a specialty one you can't live without.

(1) You're staying offsite so you can't charge to the MB
(2) You will need the physical card to get any kind of discount (AND a photo ID)
Thank you for your input, this is kind of what I have been feeling all along but I didn't want to make a mistake by not getting them. And we will get two sets soon, it seemed silly to pay for them when we will be getting more for free.

Update: when we got there, our cast member informed me that we would be able to pick up and activate our free bands in the park at Liberty ticketing center and that is exactly what we did. They don't have your name on the back like the ones that come in the mail but no big deal. The girl said that they just started doing this and that could be why l was told otherwise every time I called. I also had one of those phone stick on card holders and that was awesome for our DVC cards, AP cards and cash.

Update: when we got there, our cast member informed me that we would be able to pick up and activate our free bands in the park at Liberty ticketing center and that is exactly what we did. They don't have your name on the back like the ones that come in the mail but no big deal. The girl said that they just started doing this and that could be why l was told otherwise every time I called. I also had one of those phone stick on card holders and that was awesome for our DVC cards, AP cards and cash.

Good to know! Back in late August, we were offered the opportunity to get the bands then or wait for them in the mail and since I opted for mail, I wasn't sure how they went about getting you some that day. I'm glad this is an option now; that card can be difficult to keep up with (says the girl who promptly lost hers last weekend...). The MB is much easier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter