better golf discount through DVC or AP?

igitur

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me which would give my husband (a DVC member and AP holder) a better golf discount for him and two other people? We'll be down the week of Thanksgiving and I think he might want to take advantage of it if it's a good deal. He hasn't used the golf discount yet to I'm not too familiar with it.

Thanks,

Deb

We recently encountered this question, we'll also be there Thanksgiving week and DH has 2 tee times. With the DVC discount, you have to buy a card for (I think the cost is) $50, and the discount is only good after 10:00 am. You have to both golf several times and also be willing to golf after 10:00 am. The AP discount is 30% off day visitor rates, and it's good for anytime. What DH went for is the "2 for" rate. I don't remember what that discount was, sorry, but he had to commit to playing twice (no hardship for him). I hope your DH has tee times already. Several weeks ago, when I called, Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines had virtually no tee times. Also, the Palm is being overseeded, so play on that course will be severely limited for a few days that week.

As it was explained to me by our DVC guide, the deal is for $50 you get 50% off a foursome(not sure if that is the same as 2-for-1, or if a full foresome is needed). The $50 also includes free use of clubs(Callaway or King Cobra) and shoes(I think?).

My DH inquired with the golf pro last December and they told him hands down the DVC card. It is $50 up front but up to 4 golfers get the discount. We had some friends down with us last Christmas and they loved every minute of it and the green fees were around $50 as per the poster above. Regular rates are around $100-$150 per round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter