Better to call or book online to move reservation at 7 month window?

Sharene0724

Mouseketeer
We have a 2 bedroom booked at OKW near the hospitality house July 5 - 10 which was booked at our 11 month window. However I want to switch to a BWV 2 bedroom Boardwalk view at the 7 month booking window. I am wondering if it's better to wait the extra hour and call so that we don't lose our OKW near the hospitality house if BWV doesn't work out or is it better to book online and risk losing the OKW nights? Maybe I am worried about nothing because OKW is not in high demand?

On line, but it will most likely not be available. All 2 BR at BWV are lock off units, and the BW view studios will most likely be gone well before 7 months. Good luck.

So availability aside do you recommend the online booking method because the OKW 2 bedhospitality house availability is not an issue or because its my best chance to MAYBE get a 2 bed BWV boardwalk view? Honestly we are open to any view at BWV for that time period, or even BCV, we just want an Epcot resort but the boardwalk view would be nice :-) I am just worried about the online booking dynamics of canceling something without having a locked in reservation elsewhere that I want.

Online booking is always better for an in-demand unit, as it opens an hour before the phones.

That said, BWV 2BRs very often disappear at 7 months if they are not already gone because every BWV 2BR is a lock-off. So every studio booked removes a 2BR from availability. Boardwalk view is almost never available for more than a day or two at 7 months (meaning: you can not get a full week, or even a long weekend, booking at 8AM on your 7 month date). Garden/Pool has a better chance of being available, but because the studios are popular, if you wait an hour availability is likely to go into waitlist zones.

If you need to cancel OKW 2 bed first to use those points for BWV 2 bed at 8am online you could lose both ressies. If you have xtra points to book BWV that the way to go.
I you cancel OKW and then try to book BWV and it's not there you might not be able to get OKW back.

If you need to cancel OKW 2 bed first to use those points for BWV 2 bed at 8am online you could lose both ressies. If you have xtra points to book BWV that the way to go.
I you cancel OKW and then try to book BWV and it's not there you might not be able to get OKW back.

I know this is exactly what I am worried about :-( I did see that you can pull up two browsers and start the ressie on one then when it's in the 20 minute holding period you cancel the old one and finish booking the new. That way you can lock in the new one before releasing the old.

I am thinking this is my best bet to make sure I don't lose OKW if something doesn't work on the BWV or BCV ressie. If anyone has tried this and had it work (or not) I'd be interested to know!

I know this is exactly what I am worried about :-( I did see that you can pull up two browsers and start the ressie on one then when it's in the 20 minute holding period you cancel the old one and finish booking the new. That way you can lock in the new one before releasing the old.

I am thinking this is my best bet to make sure I don't lose OKW if something doesn't work on the BWV or BCV ressie. If anyone has tried this and had it work (or not) I'd be interested to know!

If you do that does that allow you to make the new ressie without borrowing points (if that is what you need to do)? I just want to move my points over to a new ressie without using new points. I'm in this dilemma this am, and I'm intrigued by this approach. The DVC site is down for maintenance now, so this may not be an issue at all. I may have to make the call either way.

You can make the ressie with or without borrowing points, however, the instructions I saw required you to have points to borrow to get the right sequence of clicks. Having said that, someone earlier posted that they did it without that step. Here is the link to the other post. Let me know if it works for you!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...s-looking-to-switch-over-at-7-months.3642419/
You don’t have to have points available to borrow. You just use the borrow button as a means to refresh your total available points after you cancel the original reservation.

Most MS CM's can't hold inventory, they would have to cancel OKW to book BWV. We learned that the hard way when we lost CL at AKV because the CM could not hold it and someone else snatched it up as she was working the reservation change.

:earsboy: Bill

As a word of word of encouragement, in 2016 we wanted a July 2BR at the Boardwalk. Booked at seven months without a problem and waitlisted for boardwalk view and that came through within days. Good luck!

We did take a risk because we did not have a backup booking so that our points would be free to book at the time. That worked well for us. We figured we would be able to get either OKW or SSR if BWV wasn't available.

So just to update on this, I was able to get the 2 bedroom Boardwalk view at BWV this morning at the 7 month window! No problems with the website or booking, everything went great! I was logged in a few minutes to 8 and had my selections made on the booking page and right at 8 am sharp I hit the button to check availability on my choices and it went right through :-)

And as a bonus I called later and added on 3 days beforehand at AKL in a 1 bedroom with cash (My husband said I might have a Disney vacation addiction problem lol).

Anyhow I see alot of posts about frustration with the 7 month booking window so thought I'd post my experience.

It's seems to me that in the summer months you might have a better chance of getting what you want at 7 months out. Ideal for me as to just doing like a water parks only trip, no way I would head into the theme parks in that heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter