Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

Do you think those X-wing fighter spaceships have a spot for a little barf bag dispenser?

Sure, I mean if Mission Space does... why not!

Spend...spend...spend...spend

Yes, exactly like that!

Well, it's understandable. With so many other things to do, it was hard to find time to work it in.

Yep. Every trip. Every time.

No way she can deny that she was scared. She's not that good of an actress!
NO ONE is.

Your RnR pics are great. Each one is better than the last! We're taking out 8 year old on that for the first time this year. I be she'll look more scared than Marlene!

Sorry you never got to meet Baymax. I wonder if he's still doing meet and greets? We'll be there in 6 weeks!

Your shirt is so cool. I might need to find one for my husband, Jason. I think he'd love it.

Who, me? Never! :angel:

I see on Instagram that your trip is over now. I'm sure you have those post-trip blues, but it looked like you had a great time!

It was Heartbreaking! Drew did what he had to win the game.

It's probably better the way it turned out -- then they didn't have to meet the soon-to-be-champion Eagles! I can see the stadium where they play from my office (in the distance, but still) (and from my cubicle in my office building, but still).

Sure, I mean if Mission Space does... why not!

In that case, barf away!

Yes, exactly like that!

Yep.

Yep. Every trip. Every time.

Also yep.

NO ONE is.

Not even Meryl Streep.

Your RnR pics are great. Each one is better than the last! We're taking out 8 year old on that for the first time this year. I be she'll look more scared than Marlene!

Hey thanks! I hope your 8 year old guts it out. It's a great ride if you can get over that initial fear and just enjoy it!

Sorry you never got to meet Baymax. I wonder if he's still doing meet and greets? We'll be there in 6 weeks!

I don't know if he is. It's been a while since that movie came out, they've probably moved on.

Your shirt is so cool. I might need to find one for my husband, Jason. I think he'd love it.

I got it from woot.com. They have daily deals, so whatever they're selling on any particular day they only sell for that day. If you sign up for their emails, sometimes they have specials where their selling shirts of a certain theme (Valentine's Day, Pi Day, etc.) and you might be able to find it in one of those. I've never seen it on the daily deal since when I originally got it, but I have seen it once or twice in one of the specials.

Spice Road Table

After we got back to our place at the Boardwalk after a day at DHS, Marlene, James, and I went to the quiet pool. Judy was going to shower and start getting ready for our dinner reservation. I don’t have any notes on what Lauren did, so I guess she just rested up.

DSCF0224_zpsyfstvhcy.jpg

DSCF0225_zpsplzsqndp.jpg

I tried out my underwater camera with James in the pool.

DSCF0227_zps5hv1ru0m.jpg

DSCF0228_zpsrymfch3c.jpg

We tried out the hot tub for a little bit. I got to talking to a woman there who asked for restaurant recommendations that were nearby. I recommended the Flying Fish. We loved our meal there on our last trip.

But our reservation for the evening was inside of Epcot, at the Morocco pavilion: Spice Road Table. We went back to our suite, changed, and walked over to Morocco through the International Gateway entrance. It was so nice to be staying at the Boardwalk, close to the World Showcase, just a short walk to so many great places to eat.

IMG_9145_zpstunlpbkq.jpg

When we first entered the restaurant, they tried to seat us in a booth that only had room for 4, for some odd reason. I mean, it seems like only yesterday to me that we would pull James up to the end of a booth in a high chair, but he has since gotten much too big for that, so yeah, we really do need seating for 5. They realized the error and moved us to a table at the end of the room.

Judy and I got one side of the table, near the end wall, with the kids across from us.

IMG_9147_zpsltk3nzxl.jpg

Out the window to my right, we had a nice view of the World Showcase Lagoon.

IMG_9146_zpsinvqxk9t.jpg

There was some interesting stuff decorating the walls.

IMG_9148_zpsjcskvory.jpg

IMG_9149_zps2tbmdj1n.jpg

The chef came out to talk about food allergies with Lauren and Judy. Nothing had peas or lentils, so Lauren was good. Judy couldn’t have the pita or fish croquettes. We’d had a big lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In earlier, so we didn’t need a whole lot of food. We decided to only order a few things from the Small Plates portion of the menu. They brought them all out at the same time.

One dish was fish croquettes with dipping sauces.

IMG_9151_zpsceqspg4g.jpg

Another was stuffed grape leaves.

IMG_9152_zpstfmdpbap.jpg

We also got bread and brie fondue.

IMG_9153_zpsboxq8wlo.jpg

Another dish was hummus and olives, and maybe some kind of relish? Our server brought some little carrots for Judy to dip, since she couldn’t have the pita.

IMG_9154_zps6iq5oh56.jpg

And the last plate was naan with lamb sausages.

IMG_9156_zpspcwdtdsh.jpg

These were all good, but I think I was I mostly enjoyed the lamb sausages. (I wouldn’t last long as a vegetarian.)

We also ordered a couple of desserts to share. First, a pyramid cake.

IMG_9157_zpsl5ejzjmn.jpg

And, we had to have some baklava.

IMG_9158_zpsrlo4uhu1.jpg

These were delectable.

Our server took our picture to commemorate our time there.

IMG_9163_zpsqhlitknl.jpg

This was an enjoyable, light meal. It was nice to not overdo the food after a big lunch. And, I got the DVC discount, so it was light on the wallet too.

Up next: Big Shot

Last edited:

That meal actually looks fantastic! Were the fish croquettes similar to a Fish & Chips type of batter?

That meal actually looks fantastic!

It hit the spot GB! There are times that you want to gorge yourself at DisneyWorld, but this wasn't one of them. Light and tasty, with an opportunity to try some new flavors was the theme of this meal.

Were the fish croquettes similar to a Fish & Chips type of batter?

No, it wasn't a thick batter like you'd think of with fish & chips. I just looked up a couple of recipes online (because I have no idea how these are made!) and it seems like they usually use an egg and breadcrumb mix on the outside before deep frying.

Okay, this place just way, WAY up on my list! Ay carumba, Glenn, what a feast! And the view: perfection!

Spice Road is great about making accommodations for those of us that can't always eat things they way they are originally made. That little substitution or little extra is one of the reasons Spice Road will stay on our list. Very nice and looks like everyone enjoyed!!!!

Spice Road is great about making accommodations for those of us that can't always eat things they way they are originally made. That little substitution or little extra is one of the reasons Spice Road will stay on our list. Very nice and looks like everyone enjoyed!!!!
You still have your ist of what you can't eat !! Poor you!!On our last trip to Disney in December we had a guy with peanut allergy, but thankfully it wasn't the severe type where nothing could have touched it . He is one you guys would definitely like !! Of course Dawn and Craig were with us !! This October we head to Universal with our beloved Michael Last I heard there is only 1 open spot We (Carol & me) know 5 of them so we can only have 3 to get to know !! This lasttrip we did have a couple that were a challenge , Carol & I handled them well '

Sounds like a very enjoyable day! I'm not a very adventurous eater so probably wouldn't book Spice Road Table but I must say your food pictures do look good! One of these days I want to stay in that area - it would be so great to walk to Epcot or HS.

Spice Road Table

After we got back to our place at the Boardwalk after a day at DHS, Marlene, James, and I went to the quiet pool. Judy was going to shower and start getting ready for our dinner reservation. I don’t have any notes on what Lauren did, so I guess she just rested up.

DSCF0224_zpsyfstvhcy.jpg

DSCF0225_zpsplzsqndp.jpg

DSCF0227_zps5hv1ru0m.jpg

DSCF0228_zpsrymfch3c.jpg

We tried out the hot tub for a little bit. I got to talking to a woman there who asked for restaurant recommendations that were nearby. I recommended the Flying Fish. We loved our meal there on our last trip.

But our reservation for the evening was inside of Epcot, at the Morocco pavilion: Spice Road Table. We went back to our suite, changed, and walked over to Morocco through the International Gateway entrance. It was so nice to be staying at the Boardwalk, close to the World Showcase, just a short walk to so many great places to eat.

IMG_9145_zpstunlpbkq.jpg

When we first entered the restaurant, they tried to seat us in a booth that only had room for 4, for some odd reason. I mean, it seems like only yesterday to me that we would pull James up to the end of a booth in a high chair, but he has since gotten much too big for that, so yeah, we really do need seating for 5. They realized the error and moved us to a table at the end of the room.

Judy and I got one side of the table, near the end wall, with the kids across from us.

IMG_9147_zpsltk3nzxl.jpg

Out the window to my right, we had a nice view of the World Showcase Lagoon.

IMG_9146_zpsinvqxk9t.jpg

There was some interesting stuff decorating the walls.

IMG_9148_zpsjcskvory.jpg

IMG_9149_zps2tbmdj1n.jpg

The chef came out to talk about food allergies with Lauren and Judy. Nothing had peas or lentils, so Lauren was good. Judy couldn’t have the pita or fish croquettes. We’d had a big lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In earlier, so we didn’t need a whole lot of food. We decided to only order a few things from the Small Plates portion of the menu. They brought them all out at the same time.

One dish was fish croquettes with dipping sauces.

IMG_9151_zpsceqspg4g.jpg

Another was stuffed grape leaves.

IMG_9152_zpstfmdpbap.jpg

We also got bread and brie fondue.

IMG_9153_zpsboxq8wlo.jpg

Another dish was hummus and olives, and maybe some kind of relish? Our server brought some little carrots for Judy to dip, since she couldn’t have the pita.

IMG_9154_zps6iq5oh56.jpg

And the last plate was naan with lamb sausages.

IMG_9156_zpspcwdtdsh.jpg

These were all good, but I think I was I mostly enjoyed the lamb sausages. (I wouldn’t last long as a vegetarian.)

We also ordered a couple of desserts to share. First, a pyramid cake.

IMG_9157_zpsl5ejzjmn.jpg

And, we had to have some baklava.

IMG_9158_zpsrlo4uhu1.jpg

These were delectable.

Our server took our picture to commemorate our time there.

IMG_9163_zpsqhlitknl.jpg

This was an enjoyable, light meal. It was nice to not overdo the food after a big lunch. And, I got the DVC discount, so it was light on the wallet too.

Up next: Big Shot
One Judy LOL!!

Looks like James is not a fan of chlorine in his eyes.

It was so nice to be staying at the Boardwalk, close to the World Showcase, just a short walk to so many great places to eat.

I imagine that's the best part of staying there. It would be awesome to just be able to walk to the theme parks.

I mean, it seems like only yesterday to me that we would pull James up to the end of a booth in a high chair, but he has since gotten much too big for that, so yeah, we really do need seating for 5. They realized the error and moved us to a table at the end of the room.

Darn. It would have been fun to watch James try and squeeze into the high chair.

(I wouldn’t last long as a vegetarian.)

You and me both, pal.

I want to try Spice Road one day. Looked good!

I say "go for it", make that adr!

Okay, this place just way, WAY up on my list! Ay carumba, Glenn, what a feast! And the view: perfection!

I had to laugh at the "what a feast!" comment. It would've been a feast for one, but we were splitting this 5 ways! :laughing: We enjoyed it though, and it was all the food we needed on this particular evening.

Hi Pat! Yes, the cuisine there probably has a few items that are commonly on people's allergy/gluten list, and they did a good job making accomodations. Everyone did enjoy!

Don't even need to read what you were answering Glen I would need a ventilator, barf bag and a Depend if I ever got on any rollercoaster !!

Oh c'mon, you'll hardly even notice it. ;)

You still have your ist of what you can't eat !! Poor you!!On our last trip to Disney in December we had a guy with peanut allergy, but thankfully it wasn't the severe type where nothing could have touched it . He is one you guys would definitely like !! Of course Dawn and Craig were with us !! This October we head to Universal with our beloved Michael Last I heard there is only 1 open spot We (Carol & me) know 5 of them so we can only have 3 to get to know !! This lasttrip we did have a couple that were a challenge , Carol & I handled them well '

Yep. Actually Disney is a good place to go because just about all of the restaurants are good about dealing with food allergies. It's harder traveling to other places (even close to home) where Judy isn't so sure that they'll get it right.

Those guys are lucky to have you and Carol chaperoning them on these trips. And I don't think you mind the destinations either!

Sounds like a very enjoyable day! I'm not a very adventurous eater so probably wouldn't book Spice Road Table but I must say your food pictures do look good! One of these days I want to stay in that area - it would be so great to walk to Epcot or HS.

It was rdkeim. The camera was new for this trip and I thought it did a nice job with the close-up food pictures.

Yes, it was great to be able to walk to both of those parks, and (spoiler alert) tomorrow we walk to the Beach Club. (Wow, I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag.)

One Judy LOL!!

Oh brother, there's no stopping you!

Looks like James is not a fan of chlorine in his eyes.

Can't say that I blame him. And it's probably a miracle that he's somewhat centered in this picture because I was probably either shooting this with my head above the surface or if not, I undoubtedly had my eyes closed too.

I imagine that's the best part of staying there. It would be awesome to just be able to walk to the theme parks.

Not too shabby, I must say.

Darn. It would have been fun to watch James try and squeeze into the high chair.

We would've gotten him in there, one way or another.

You and me both, pal.

I think your picture is in the dictionary, next to "carnivore"!

Looks like a lovely meal at Spice Road Table. I have been looking at this place for quite some time and want to try it. Your pics definitely made it go even higher up on the list! I do like the idea of a sit down meal that does not have to be big and heavy, but just a nice assortment of interesting little things.

h brother, there's no stopping you!

Those were FUN times !! My jb is just so much more hectic now I don't get the Did time I would like , I tried uploading 2017 trips but they wouldn't load , have to get my relief staff to take a look at it he is great with computors !!
It is good to chat again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts